Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
(12-24-2018, 11:22 AM)McC Wrote: There really isn't.  Makes me feel bad for any decent player we have.  If we see it from a distance, how can they be up close and not see it?

Our players are very aware that Mike Brown doesn't operate in the same manner is the more legitimate owners.  We have nearly 30 years of evidence that players and coaches have seen this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: So, it appears that the speculation 'holic posted earlier is true.  Son of Paul is letting Mediocre Merv dictate when it's time to hang up the headset.  My God......how in the hell can one man be so inept and clueless about running a football team? Seriously Mikey?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/23/cincinatti-bengals-marvin-lewis-decide-when-he-wants-to-stop-coaching/

More proof that Mike Brown knows nothing at all about football or winning. He's just so uncomfortable with having to work with a new head coach that he'll accept a stinky old failing one forever.

I had hopes that Katie would have learned something from her grandfather, but it appears that she's just as inept as Junior Brown. This family is so full of wrong reasons for its failures that they can't recognize the real reasons starring them in the face.

Boycott is in order and warranted.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:35 AM)BengalChris Wrote: More proof that Mike Brown knows nothing at all about football or winning. He's just so uncomfortable with having to work with a new head coach that he'll accept a stinky old failing one forever.

I had hopes that Katie would have learned something from her grandfather, but it appears that she's just as inept as Junior Brown. This family is so full of wrong reasons for its failures that they can't recognize the real reasons starring them in the face.

Boycott is in order and warranted.

My stance is that Mike Brown knows what he is doing and doesn't care.  That's way worse, actually.  The idea that Mike Brown hasn't realized that he isn't a legit GM in the past 26 years or so is delusional thinking, as far as I see it.  

This mindset actually reminds me (I live in Steeler country, recall) of the time I was wearing a Bengals hoodie and my buddy's nephew (who was 10 or so at the time) saw it and was like "Why are you a Bengals fan?  They're bad." and I pretty much said that I know they are bad and I'm ok with that...sort of.  Basically, I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and say "Hey wait....the Bengals aren't as good as the Steelers.  I'll be a Steelers fan now!" any more than Mike Brown is going to wake up and say "Hey wait...I'm not a real GM, I'm gonna hire one right now!"

We all know that we are walking a cursed path.  Maybe we get sick of it and change our ways, but we aren't going to "realize" what we are doing is agonizing.  We already know it.  That part of the equation has passed.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My stance is that Mike Brown knows what he is doing and doesn't care.  That's way worse, actually.  The idea that Mike Brown hasn't realized that he isn't a legit GM in the past 26 years or so is delusional thinking, as far as I see it.  

This mindset actually reminds me (I live in Steeler country, recall) of the time I was wearing a Bengals hoodie and my buddy's nephew (who was 10 or so at the time) saw it and was like "Why are you a Bengals fan?  They're bad." and I pretty much said that I know they are bad and I'm ok with that...sort of.  Basically, I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and say "Hey wait....the Bengals aren't as good as the Steelers.  I'll be a Steelers fan now!" any more than Mike Brown is going to wake up and say "Hey wait...I'm not a real GM, I'm gonna hire one right now!"

We all know that we are walking a cursed path.  Maybe we get sick of it and change our ways, but we aren't going to "realize" what we are doing is agonizing.  We already know it.  That part of the equation has passed.

Oh, i don't think Mike Brown realizes he's incompetent. In his mind he's had lots of bad luck, beginning with the creation of free agency, then player revolt, then bad coaches, then can't miss draft picks who didn't play well, then small market problems, then and then and then and then and then and then and then.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Just stop going to games then.

Myself.....I haven't been to a game since Seattle 2015.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Yeah, cuz that's always worked so well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Time to waste some money on some billboards it seems.

[Image: 48411689_10157578160829237_8364552815888...e=5CD85709]

Here's my choice.

btw that may be my new sig i'm not sure yet

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:57 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Time to waste some money on some billboards it seems.

Here's my choice.

Every coach on that board that’s not Marvin has more playoff wins than our entire franchise...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:52 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh, i don't think Mike Brown realizes he's incompetent. In his mind he's had lots of bad luck, beginning with the creation of free agency, then player revolt, then bad coaches, then can't miss draft picks who didn't play well, then small market problems, then and then and then and then and then and then and then.

I'd wager Mike Brown thinks he's very competent at making money and providing for his family.  Mike Brown's priorities just aren't on winning, and he's fine with that.  Sort of like how I'm fine with eating a half gallon of ice cream and watching TV when I know I could be drinking a protein shake and working out.

Humans are simple creatures.  We do what is rewarding to us.  Mike Brown has his system down and it yields rewards he wants, not ones we want.  I simply don't see significant evidence that Mike Brown is legitimately trying to win in the NFL.  It's his business to run, fair or not, and it's up to me if I want to align myself with it.  How crazy are we for sticking around?  Oof.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:57 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Time to waste some money on some billboards it seems.

Here's my choice.

Sig! Sig! Sig! Sig! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Myself.....I haven't been to a game since Seattle 2015.

It's been a long time for me, my last game was back when T.O. was here, because I wanted to see him play. I have made it to a few training camps though, about once every two years or so.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown is rich and I'm not...he's gotta know better than me.

Well, he was born, which is his biggest achievement.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd wager Mike Brown thinks he's very competent at making money and providing for his family.  Mike Brown's priorities just aren't on winning, and he's fine with that.  Sort of like how I'm fine with eating a half gallon of ice cream and watching TV when I know I could be drinking a protein shake and working out.

Humans are simple creatures.  We do what is rewarding to us.  Mike Brown has his system down and it yields rewards he wants, not ones we want.  I simply don't see significant evidence that Mike Brown is legitimately trying to win in the NFL.  It's his business to run, fair or not, and it's up to me if I want to align myself with it.  How crazy are we for sticking around?  Oof.

Spot on.  If only he would stop telling his annual lie about wanting to win an Other People's Trophy.

Reply/Quote
Figured as much Whatever

Far from Earth-shattering news
Reply/Quote

I haven't been to a game since 2006.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:54 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Myself.....I haven't been to a game since Seattle 2015.

I've been to one since... It's the same stadium, but you wouldn't recognize the place... I think it was Samhain, and I discussing being at the Thursday night game in week 2. It was 79 degrees at night, we had just won the week before, and the stadium looked about half empty, and was quiet as could be... Like 4th preseason game quiet.

Visiting fans will outnumber us at PBS next year if nothing's done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......and they thought attendance was rough this year?

Supposedly the team lost about 10,000 season ticket holders when they brought Marvin back last year. I feel like we'll see another 10k walk away.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Even I am done with Marvin and company. This team needs a new face as well as the fanbase. This organization needs a spark and it's not coming from Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:20 PM)McC Wrote: Spot on.  If only he would stop telling his annual lie about wanting to win an Other People's Trophy.

I bet he has 27 "Participation Certificates" hanging on his wall in his office..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:57 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Time to waste some money on some billboards it seems.

Here's my choice.

Looks like we were on the same page yesterday 

[Image: Merv.jpg]
Reply/Quote