Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well This Is The Hard Part! ?
Tiger
https://youtu.be/O32bD6tKtxU

So here we are at the middle of the season and you've had your ups & downs. I'm not so sure that we didn't leave a few games on the table to eat comfortably later but its in the past. Where Is This Team Now!

Its the second toughest schedule of any team left at least thats what I've read. I'm optimistic for many reasons but my number one is at the quarterback spot. I believe he'll become a more vocal leader right in front of us over the next four weeks. The pundits are looking at the Ravens easy schedule and forgetting about us but they are accustomed to loosing the games that they should win down the stretch. I'm still thinking that the Ravens game in Cincinnati is for the division!

Its a difficult schedule back half but we knew that already. For me I have them losing two games non divisional the rest of the way. All of the top teams are coming to Cincinnati! So Rock The Jungle.

The Pittsburgh game next Sunday can't be lost to me!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1e86078b78dca3822eec02f4a4ce110d.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: 1e86078b78dca3822eec02f4a4ce110d.jpg]

Tiger
You'll soon understand
Reply/Quote
Gotta beat the Steelers. Although, suddenly the Bills game looks slightly more winnable.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:36 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

So here we are at the middle of the season and you've had your ups & downs. I'm not so sure that we didn't leave a few games on the table to eat comfortably later but its in the past. Where Is This Team Now!

Its the second toughest schedule of any team left at least thats what I've read. I'm optimistic for many reasons but my number one is at the quarterback spot. I believe he'll become a more vocal leader right in front of us over the next four weeks. The pundits are looking at the Ravens easy schedule and forgetting about us but they are accustomed to loosing the games that they should win down the stretch. I'm still thinking that the Ravens game in Cincinnati is for the division!

Its a difficult schedule back half but we knew that already. For me I have them losing two games non divisional the rest of the way. All of the top teams are coming to Cincinnati! So Rock The Jungle.

I'm assuming one or both of those games are the Chiefs and the Bills?
If so, you're confident in the Bengals beating the Titans (6-3), Bucs (5-5), Patriots (5-4)?

The safe record to get is 10 wins to get into the playoffs, which would only allow for 3 more losses.
One less win might get them into the playoffs depending on tiebreaker scenarios.
I doubt they would get in with just 8 wins though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gotta beat the Steelers. Although, suddenly the Bills game looks slightly more winnable.

After the way this team plays at home and what the Bengals did in the playoffs on the road I'll never predict that they can't beat anybody, anywhere.I know a L is inevitable as it is the NFL but...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:36 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Yes, this game on Sunday against our most hated rival needs to be a springboard into the back half of the season where 
we can just build off of. We need to run it down their throats like we did the Panthers and torch them in the passing game 
like we did the Falcons. Chip TJTwatt and make him extremely frustrated and I think we win going away as long as the OL
continues what it was doing against the Panthers. We will see. I could see us losing a couple outside the Division....

But the in Division games need to be won from here on out.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 09:56 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
You'll soon understand

Do tell.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:36 PM)Emeritus Wrote: The Pittsburgh game next Sunday can't be lost to me!

Agreed. That game is everything. Not so much for the Steelers; they're not making the playoffs regardless imo. But I do think it'll set the tone for the rest of the season. I still think the Bengals are in a good spot but they are at a fork in the road. Can't afford to go the wrong way. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this game on Sunday against our most hated rival needs to be a springboard into the back half of the season where 
we can just build off of. We need to run it down their throats like we did the Panthers and torch them in the passing game 
like we did the Falcons. Chip TJTwatt and make him extremely frustrated and I think we win going away as long as the OL
continues what it was doing against the Panthers. We will see. I could see us losing a couple outside the Division....

But the in Division games need to be won from here on out.

I want see more then a "chip" on Watt...that dude plays dirty and deserves a little more 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: 1e86078b78dca3822eec02f4a4ce110d.jpg]

LOL 10 Minutes of laughter thanks! LOL!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 07:45 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I want see more then a "chip" on Watt...that dude plays dirty and deserves a little more 

Oh, I want to see La'el and Cappa road grading him into the dirt and make him look as dirty as he plays  Mellow lol

Statement time from our OL is what I want to see in this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 03:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm assuming one or both of those games are the Chiefs and the Bills?
If so, you're confident in the Bengals beating the Titans (6-3), Bucs (5-5), Patriots (5-4)?

The safe record to get is 10 wins to get into the playoffs, which would only allow for 3 more losses.
One less win might get them into the playoffs depending on tiebreaker scenarios.
I doubt they would get in with just 8 wins though.

Tiger

The way it sits right now Baltimore is in the drivers seat but I expect them to drop one or two before they see us in Jan. I'm just playing it how the league is going currently. So up & down. The head to head matchup wins against the Jets & Dolphins could be huge. I truly believe that the AFC is still wide open .
Can this running game continue is my number one concern.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 07:44 PM)tms Wrote: Agreed. That game is everything. Not so much for the Steelers; they're not making the playoffs regardless imo. But I do think it'll set the tone for the rest of the season. I still think the Bengals are in a good spot but they are at a fork in the road. Can't afford to go the wrong way. 

Tiger

Yes! It needs to be a division sweep from here on out.
I like them at home down the stretch if they take care of business on the road.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I'm going to say this again heading into the back half of this schedule. Run the football & play down & distance football and eat clock. Then take your shots!
PS: Run right at the pass rushers. Tj Watt etc
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gotta beat the Steelers. Although, suddenly the Bills game looks slightly more winnable.

I have not understood why all season (up to now) people make the Bills out to be infallible. Sure, they pummeled the defending champs, but look at the Rams now?  They also smoked Tennessee who was still getting used to life without their #1 WR.  Aside from blowing out pitt in pickett's first start, they haven't really killed anyone of note.  Losing two straight to the Jets and Vikes proves it is anyone's league right now.

At least the Bengals overcame their struggles on the line and passing game without Chase at the midpoint.  If they can keep the run game going and spread it around to Tee, Boyd, Hurst, and the RBs, they should be rolling by the time Chase returns. 

Oh, and now would be the time to sprinkle something on Burrow to win MVP at +3300. I think he is about to go on his run.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have not understood why all season (up to now) people make the Bills out to be infallible. Sure, they pummeled the defending champs, but look at the Rams now?  They also smoked Tennessee who was still getting used to life without their #1 WR.  Aside from blowing out pitt in pickett's first start, they haven't really killed anyone of note.  Losing two straight to the Jets and Vikes proves it is anyone's league right now.

At least the Bengals overcame their struggles on the line and passing game without Chase at the midpoint.  If they can keep the run game going and spread it around to Tee, Boyd, Hurst, and the RBs, they should be rolling by the time Chase returns. 

Oh, and now would be the time to sprinkle something on Burrow to win MVP at +3300. I think he is about to go on his run.  

Me too Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:01 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

The way it sits right now Baltimore is in the drivers seat but I expect them to drop one or two before they see us in Jan. I'm just playing it how the league is going currently. So up & down. The head to head matchup wins against the Jets & Dolphins could be huge. I truly believe that the AFC is still wide open .
Can this running game continue is my number one concern.

You didn't really answer my question though...
Who are you confident in the Bengals beating to only have 2 more losses the rest of the way?

Personally, I'm not optimistic.
The Bengals have beaten 3 NFC South teams, all of whom have losing records with at least 6 losses each.
They did beat MIA and NYJ, but neither of those teams had their normal starting QB.
Out of all those wins, I think NYJ was the best one, although I don't think NYJ is actually as good as their record suggests.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 11:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You didn't really answer my question though...
Who are you confident in the Bengals beating to only have 2 more losses the rest of the way?

Personally, I'm not optimistic.
The Bengals have beaten 3 NFC South teams, all of whom have losing records with at least 6 losses each.
They did beat MIA and NYJ, but neither of those teams had their normal starting QB.
Out of all those wins, I think NYJ was the best one, although I don't think NYJ is actually as good as their record suggests.

They actually knocked out the Miami QB so doesn't that count? Why does or should everything have to be equal? Cinci. could easily be 7-2 right now
without missing a chip shot kick and having a coach go brain dead from the 2 yard line with 4 downs. Had none of that happened would all of that made you feel better about this team?

Are you really frightened now of the Jets starting QB? What has he done in the league? You play who you play and you play teams with the personnel that they have and you have.

The Bengals beat 2 of the best teams in the NFL on the road last year in Tenn. and KC. in do or die scenarios with the absolute worst OL in football and made the SB. Is it more difficult without Chase? Sure it is but every team has their sob stories and injuries. Those teams left on the schedule certainly aren't licking their chops in having to play the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 11:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Who are you confident in the Bengals beating to only have 2 more losses the rest of the way?

I know you didn't ask me, but I'm going to answer anyways. Tongue

Wins I'm confident about: Steelers, Buccaneers, Patriots
Wins I'm not-quite-sure-about-but-still-fairly-confident-about: Titans, Ravens, Browns

That only leaves the Chiefs and Bills and, honestly, I have this feeling we beat the Chiefs for a 3rd straight time in almost the same exact fashion (they get a 2 TD or more lead in the first half, we hold them to 3 in the 2nd half and win on a last second FG). The Bills, I just don't know. They are such a complete team and even if we're on our A game, we still could lose to them.

So, in my mind, we're more than capable of going 6-2 or even 7-1 down the stretch with just a hint of a possibility of going 8-0 (though, yes, even I find it highly unlikely we do THAT well)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote