Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well This Is The Hard Part! ?
(11-16-2022, 12:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know you didn't ask me, but I'm going to answer anyways. Tongue

Wins I'm confident about: Steelers, Buccaneers, Patriots
Wins I'm not-quite-sure-about-but-still-fairly-confident-about: Titans, Ravens, Browns

That only leaves the Chiefs and Bills and, honestly, I have this feeling we beat the Chiefs for a 3rd straight time in almost the same exact fashion (they get a 2 TD or more lead in the first half, we hold them to 3 in the 2nd half and win on a last second FG). The Bills, I just don't know. They are such a complete team and even if we're on our A game, we still could lose to them.

So, in my mind, we're more than capable of going 6-2 or even 7-1 down the stretch with just a hint of a possibility of going 8-0 (though, yes, even I find it highly unlikely we do THAT well)

Would handicap the season the exact same way. 

Although do for some reason I like the Bengals chances mores against the Titans and Ravens as I do the Browns. That actually sickens me to admit though and hope I'm wrong and we flush them next game. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have not understood why all season (up to now) people make the Bills out to be infallible. Sure, they pummeled the defending champs, but look at the Rams now?  They also smoked Tennessee who was still getting used to life without their #1 WR.  Aside from blowing out pitt in pickett's first start, they haven't really killed anyone of note.  Losing two straight to the Jets and Vikes proves it is anyone's league right now.

At least the Bengals overcame their struggles on the line and passing game without Chase at the midpoint.  If they can keep the run game going and spread it around to Tee, Boyd, Hurst, and the RBs, they should be rolling by the time Chase returns. 

Oh, and now would be the time to sprinkle something on Burrow to win MVP at +3300. I think he is about to go on his run.  

Great post, I am thinking the same way and yes, the AFC is wide open for the taking and we are right in the hunt.

If we can run the ball and protect Burrow while our Defense keeps playing the way it has we should be on a roll right at the
perfect time while Allen and the Bills are beat up and not tackling well on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 12:15 PM)higgy100 Wrote: They actually knocked out the Miami QB so doesn't that count? Why does or should everything have to be equal? Cinci. could easily be 7-2 right now
without missing a chip shot kick and having a coach go brain dead from the 2 yard line with 4 downs. Had none of that happened would all of that made you feel better about this team?

Are you really frightened now of the Jets starting QB? What has he done in the league? You play who you play and you play teams with the personnel that they have and you have.

The Bengals beat 2 of the best teams in the NFL on the road last year in Tenn. and KC. in do or die scenarios with the absolute worst OL in football and made the SB. Is it more difficult without Chase? Sure it is but every team has their sob stories and injuries. Those teams left on the schedule certainly aren't licking their chops in having to play the Bengals.

Being 7-2 would have me more confident, but not fully until we actually see how they play against the better teams in this second half - KC, NE, TEN, BUF. Those were always going to be the real test for me.

The thing I care most about is making the playoffs. Being 7-2 at this point would have helped in case the Bengals don't get wins against those teams above. With being 5-4 instead at this point, they likely won't make the playoffs unless they can pick up at least 4 more wins out of the remaining 7 games. Assuming the Bengals get a win against PIT, that means at least 3 wins against the 4 teams I listed above plus BAL and CLE.

I am not confident the Bengals get 4+ wins in these next 7 games.

Bengals can obviously do some damage in the playoffs if they can get some big plays, but they weren't some consistent juggernaut in the playoffs either. But they gotta get to the playoffs first. And they are currently sitting outside of it and depending on other teams to lose to help them get there. And they have the 2nd hardest remaining schedule in the AFC, so those extra couple losses earlier this season could make a big difference.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Right now I think the 3 teams to beat in the AFC are Cincinnati, Baltimore and Kansas City. It'd be a nice time for Typhoid Lamar to catch the vid again.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Being 7-2 would have me more confident, but not fully until we actually see how they play against the better teams in this second half - KC, NE, TEN, BUF. Those were always going to be the real test for me.

The thing I care most about is making the playoffs. Being 7-2 at this point would have helped in case the Bengals don't get wins against those teams above. With being 5-4 instead at this point, they likely won't make the playoffs unless they can pick up at least 4 more wins out of the remaining 7 games. Assuming the Bengals get a win against PIT, that means at least 3 wins against the 4 teams I listed above plus BAL and CLE.

I am not confident the Bengals get 4+ wins in these next 7 games.

Bengals can obviously do some damage in the playoffs if they can get some big plays, but they weren't some consistent juggernaut in the playoffs either. But they gotta get to the playoffs first. And they are currently sitting outside of it and depending on other teams to lose to help them get there. And they have the 2nd hardest remaining schedule in the AFC, so those extra couple losses earlier this season could make a big difference.

I am actually more concerned with us losing to the sucky team in our Division in the Stains than those good teams we
will be playing. We play up to our competition and the Stains just have our number. I could see us winning all the hard 
games on the schedule and losing to the Stains more than the other way around actually.

(11-16-2022, 02:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right now I think the 3 teams to beat in the AFC are Cincinnati, Baltimore and Kansas City. It'd be a nice time for Typhoid Lamar to catch the vid again.

Yeah, with the Titans QB situation up in the air I agree. The Colts might make a run with Saturday at HC...
Reply/Quote