Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well.....Well....Well...
Why aren't you (Bfine) posting video's of Trump supporters attacking Acosta this weekend (as they call for Dems to be civil)....

The only group that has actually killed people are Trump supporters. Those are facts. Why hold Dems to a higher standard? We see this with Obama vs Trump, Michelle/Melania, Bakery/SHS and now we see it with the "civility" argument.

Either you are for private businesses rights to choose who to serve or you are against it. I can't take folks seriously if you was gleefully applauding the Bakery refusing to serve, but crying crocodile tears over SHS being asked to leave a restaurant.

I know people are like that, but it don't make it cool. So why play the fool and embarrass yourself for lacking any character depth? We should respect ourselves more. Take a position and stick to it.

https://washingtonpress.com/2018/06/25/a-trump-fan-was-just-charged-with-trying-to-murder-maxine-waters-on-same-day-trump-threatened-her/

Yet you don't hear a peep about civility from Trump supporters and Fox "Funny" how that works. #HypocrisyIsLame
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-27-2018, 03:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's some more of the tolerant:
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/elaine-chao-defends-mitch-mcconnell-against-immigration-protesters-leave-my-husband-alone-1264688195625

What is it with them constantly confronting women?

Well, they were confronting McConnell, and then his wife came to his defense as he cowered in the vehicle.

If it's intolerant to protest and confront public officials, then what it is to call in death threats to a restaurant that did something you don't like? To protest outside a restaurant handing out KKK fliers while wearing MAGA hats? Just curious.

Let's stop trying to pretend the civility issue is one sided and talk about the actual issues. The people in power would rather us focus on this so that we are fighting with each other rather than holding them accountable.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-26-2018, 09:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well my main hope was they’d get to whatever number it is to get in debates. Of course their penchant for trying to tell as many people as they can that they aren’t true Libertarians doesn’t help.

If they did achieve the 15% in the polls that is required, then the duopoly controlled debate commission would just move the goalposts again.....like they did after Ross Perot smoked their puppets on National TV.

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-27-2018, 03:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's some more of the tolerant:
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/elaine-chao-defends-mitch-mcconnell-against-immigration-protesters-leave-my-husband-alone-1264688195625

What is it with them constantly confronting women?

Prolly cause ol' turtle is too chicken shit to stick his head out of his shell these days.

(06-27-2018, 09:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, they were confronting McConnell, and then his wife came to his defense as he cowered in the vehicle.

If it's intolerant to protest and confront public officials, then what it is to call in death threats to a restaurant that did something you don't like? To protest outside a restaurant handing out KKK fliers while wearing MAGA hats? Just curious.

Let's stop trying to pretend the civility issue is one sided and talk about the actual issues. The people in power would rather us focus on this so that we are fighting with each other rather than holding them accountable.

While it has been coming for a while, there is a strong push from those in power to say protests are wrong.  Especially when aimed at them.

And with the current "media is the enemy of the people" mantra coming from the highest office in the land I fear it will just get worse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-26-2018, 05:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I do what I can.

[Image: lsXwCSOl_400x400.jpg]

But if that is what wins the majority of votes, why is that a problem? There will always be people not represented by the executive in a national election. Hell, that happens in other elections. I live in a blue city in a sea of red and we never have a federal or state representative in Congress that represents our interests.

The EC was created because those making the decisions didn't trust the rabble to make an informed decision about someone they would likely know nothing about (which isn't a problem these days, or rather shouldn't be) and was pushed for in a significant way by the slave states because it afforded them more power (representation counted slaves, even though they couldn't vote, which gave them a boost). The debate around the Twelfth Amendment was all about making the executive more accountable to the people, which at the time the way they came up with was the most feasible way as national elections weren't possible. It's a different story, today.

I'd be more in line with you if marriage was really a religious term.

As I said, soley representing an urban society is the same as solely representing a rural one.  You must have differing viewpoints.  

I'm familiar with the creation of the EC, and why it was implemented.  Take out the slave part, and it still rings true today, IMO.....although it's not limited to the South anymore, and includes the grain belt, etc.  I get your point, I truly do, but I also see the validity of the EC, needed improvements notwithstanding.

OK, enlighten me.  I thought marriage was a religious term.....old Hebrew law?

(06-27-2018, 10:23 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: OK, enlighten me.  I thought marriage was a religious term.....old Hebrew law?

Marriage is just the English word we use to describe what they had. It is a secular word, though. There have long been things such as common-law marriages, which bore no religious significance but were, by law, marriages. It's etymological roots go back to Latin, describing the relationships in ancient Rome, before Christianity existed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-27-2018, 10:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Marriage is just the English word we use to describe what they had. It is a secular word, though. There have long been things such as common-law marriages, which bore no religious significance but were, by law, marriages. It's etymological roots go back to Latin, describing the relationships in ancient Rome, before Christianity existed.

Are you trying to say that religions co opted something as their own and now defend at as if it is was handed down by god to man?

I have NEVER heard of such a thing!  Ninja

Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-27-2018, 09:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: Why aren't you (Bfine) posting video's of Trump supporters attacking Acosta this weekend (as they call for Dems to be civil)....

The only group that has actually killed people are Trump supporters. Those are facts. Why hold Dems to a higher standard? We see this with Obama vs Trump, Michelle/Melania, Bakery/SHS and now we see it with the "civility" argument.

Either you are for private businesses rights to choose who to serve or you are against it. I can't take folks seriously if you was gleefully applauding the Bakery refusing to serve, but crying crocodile tears over SHS being asked to leave a restaurant.

I know people are like that, but it don't make it cool. So why play the fool and embarrass yourself for lacking any character depth? We should respect ourselves more. Take a position and stick to it.

https://washingtonpress.com/2018/06/25/a-trump-fan-was-just-charged-with-trying-to-murder-maxine-waters-on-same-day-trump-threatened-her/

Yet you don't hear a peep about civility from Trump supporters and Fox "Funny" how that works. #HypocrisyIsLame

uuuuuuuhhhhmmmmmmmm........Because that is not what this thread is about. Hell, you should know that better than anyone, you created it.

FWIW I have cried 0 tears, crocodile or otherwise, that the owner asked SHS to leave; it was her right. I've stated it numerous time, so save the canned responses for someone else. Now there is a report (granted from a biased source) that stated members of the staff follow SHS' family to another establishment and that's what I have trouble with is the harassment, Given I'm no fan of Maxine Waters.

Seems this hypocrisy you point to is right here in this very forum where folks are bending over backwards to show how this is different than the bakery case. I acknowledge the right of both owners to refuse service as long as a protected class under the CRA is not violated
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-27-2018, 09:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: While it has been coming for a while, there is a strong push from those in power to say protests are wrong.  Especially when aimed at them.

And with the current "media is the enemy of the people" mantra coming from the highest office in the land I fear it will just get worse.

That's about the only thing he is right on......

(06-27-2018, 09:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, they were confronting McConnell, and then his wife came to his defense as he cowered in the vehicle.

I never thought the hate would infect you as deeply as the rest Matt; however, recent thoughts lead me to believe I was wrong.

Avoiding a confrontation is now considered "cowering"   Shame.......shame.........shame

(06-27-2018, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I never thought the hate would infect you as deeply as the rest Matt; however, recent thoughts lead me to believe I was wrong.

Avoiding a confrontation is now considered "cowering"   Shame.......shame.........shame

Leaving your significant other to fight your battles for you while you hide? Yes. That is cowering. Stand together or leave together.

And I have no hate for the man, I have no hate for anyone. Just calling the act out for what it is.

(06-27-2018, 10:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Leaving your significant other to fight your battles for you while you hide? Yes. That is cowering. Stand together or leave together.

And I have no hate for the man, I have no hate for anyone. Just calling the act out for what it is.

Your stance that avoiding confrontation is cowering has been noted.

He left no one (more hate spin) you can clearly she took up the fight on her own accord.

There's a reason they call it blinded by hate.

(06-27-2018, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your stance that avoiding confrontation is cowering has been noted.

He left no one (more hate spin) you can clearly she took up the fight on her own accord.

There's a reason they call it blinded by hate.

Your straw man is noted. Though by Webster's, sure, avoiding confrontation can very well be cowering.

You can also see clearly that he remained in the vehicle while she confronted them for him.

Spin all you like in an attempt to take some sort of fallacious moral high ground.

(06-27-2018, 10:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Marriage is just the English word we use to describe what they had. It is a secular word, though. There have long been things such as common-law marriages, which bore no religious significance but were, by law, marriages. It's etymological roots go back to Latin, describing the relationships in ancient Rome, before Christianity existed.

Interesting.....I had read about the Latin derivative (matyr....or something like that?), I think, somewhere.....but hadn't put two and two together I guess.  Thanks for the knowledge.

(06-27-2018, 11:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Your straw man is noted. Though by Webster's, sure, avoiding confrontation can very well be cowering.

You can also see clearly that he remained in the vehicle while she confronted them for him.

Spin all you like in an attempt to take some sort of fallacious moral high ground.

Too funny I created the straw man and spun the argument. When an article of public harassment suddenly turned into a discussion about MM "cowering" (Webster's aside: you're bright enough to understand the connotation of the word and the reason you chose to use it) while he "left" (read what I put in these things earlier) to defend him.

But I will not stop with the straw man and spin. AKA: I'm going to cower behind my keyboard to avoid further confrontation.

(06-27-2018, 09:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Let's stop trying to pretend the civility issue is one sided and talk about the actual issues.

I never really understood why people would overlook both sides do something and/or say the other side is worse. I mean, I know the reasons why, but still, if something is bad and both sides do it, why then talk about the other side being worse? Why not just focus more on saying it's unacceptable no matter WHO does it?
McConnell sure wouldn't show up in Martin Co when they ran out of drinking water.....but he sure as hell shows up in Harrodsburg when Corning and Apple brokered their own deal to expand the Corning plant to make their Gorilla Glass to get fake glory!  Nah.....cowering is about the proper adjective.

(06-27-2018, 12:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I never really understood why people would overlook both sides do something and/or say the other side is worse. I mean, I know the reasons why, but still, if something is bad and both sides do it, why then talk about the other side being worse? Why not just focus more on saying it's unacceptable no matter WHO does it?

Honestly, I see most of those discussions as distractions. The media likes to focus on them because they are good stories, but meanwhile there is plenty of policy that could be discussed that more prescient.

Kudos to Bubba, He pretty much sees the situation in the OP in a rational, unbiased view:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bill-clinton-talks-sarah-huckabee-sanders-metoo-troubles-061147091.html

Quote:“I also had a lot of respect for the way Sarah Huckabee Sanders handled it,” Clinton said. “She was very dignified. She didn’t chew them out. She didn’t pitch a fit. She didn’t call them immigrant-loving thugs, or whatever. She just got up and left and offered to pay.”