Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well at least ...
ML kept it under 500 yards and 30 points!
Reply/Quote
He's truly a guru. A master of his craft. I wonder if Lamar Jackson took time to appreciate Marv's defensive genius as he was speeding by?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
“ We just need to play better all in 3 phases of the game. “
“We Gotta keep Grinding “ !
Giggle
“ I can’t comment on specifics until I watch the tape “ (grabs right arm with his hand)
Anything else ?
“No that’s it “?
Giggle

That’s my Marvin impersonation FYI
Reply/Quote
Defense DID look better today, considering who we had left to play. Lamar is going to beat you with his feet, that's how he got to the NFL..... If we had AJ today, the game would have been a W
Reply/Quote
Considering we play nickerson and v rey most the time, i thought marvin did good with play calling. It looked like our usual bengals defense except without good linebacker play.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Defense DID look better today, considering who we had left to play. Lamar is going to beat you with his feet, that's how he got to the NFL..... If we had AJ today, the game would have been a W

The Ravens rushed for 265 yards against us. 265 yards! That's not better.

That doesn't happen to too many teams in the NFL.

The Bengals knew that all Jackson could of was run and didn't stop it.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Considering we play nickerson and v rey most the time, i thought marvin did good with play calling. It looked like our usual bengals defense except without good linebacker play.

LBs taking the wrong angle and leaving big holes was the difference. You didn't see the Ravens leaving those gaps. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Ravens rushed for 265 yards against us. 265 yards! That's not better.

That doesn't happen to too many teams in the NFL.

The Bengals knew that all Jackson could of was run and didn't stop it.

Rushing yards don't win games, points scored does. We lost by 3, that's better....
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LBs taking the wrong angle and leaving big holes was the difference. You didn't see the Ravens leaving those gaps. 

Yes! No team defense concept.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Rushing yards don't win games, points scored does. We lost by 3, that's better....

Yay!!!! We didn't lose 51-14!

We lost by 3 to a bad team!

Apparently the goal is to just lose by less than the last week.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes! No team defense concept.

LBs are like RBs. They need to see holes opening and plug them. The Bengals bad LB corp don't have the vision to see and do this.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Rushing yards don't win games, points scored does. We lost by 3, that's better....

Less rushing yards = less of an opportunity to score some of those points. Simple math, stop the run better, they score less and they're not leading by 3. 

Reply/Quote
At least it was an entertaining game. Sucks the Bengals lost but I enjoyed watching it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: At least it was an entertaining game.  Sucks the Bengals lost but I enjoyed watching it.

Yep. I've been slowly weaning myself off the emotional investment with this team to the point i don't get mad when they lose. 

Next week i won't be watching the game live. The wife and i are going to watch the first Fantastic Beasts movie on demand and then go see the second in the theater next Sunday afternoon. I told her that right after the game ended and she looked at me like 'suuuuuuure'. 

It's set in stone, going to happen. 

Reply/Quote

Less rushing yards would = fewer rushing attempts. The Ravens were able to run the ball a whopping 54 times today, which killed us in time of possession and limited the offense's chances. You say rushing doesn't win games, so maybe you could show us a list of teams who have won when they're outgained by 217 rush yards.

I have a feeling that list is nearly 0 teams long.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Less rushing yards = less of an opportunity to score some of those points. Simple math, stop the run better, they score less and they're not leading by 3. 

You get it. I get it. You won't be able to explain it to most of these people because they don't want to hear it.

The Steelers consistently outgain us like 500 yards to 285 and we lose by less than 7 and people think we're in the games the entire time. It's a lot easier for people to think we're close to elite teams than to realize we're just really bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You get it. I get it. You won't be able to explain it to most of these people because they don't want to hear it.

The Steelers consistently outgain us like 500 yards to 285 and we lose by less than 7 and people think we're in the games the entire time. It's a lot easier for people to think we're close to elite teams than to realize we're just really bad.

This post is filled with extreme wisdom and intelligent thought. We’re pretenders, not contenders. It’s going to be the Steelers and the Saints in the Super Bowl year.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This post is filled with extreme wisdom and intelligent thought.  We’re pretenders, not contenders. It’s going to be the Steelers and the Saints in the Super Bowl year.

Steelers won't beat the Pats.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm in the minority with Sled and thinking the D looked better today. We lost by 3 points to a division rival on the road. The D was directly responsible for 14 of our points and that guy on the other teams that kicks the ball in the air is called a punter. We haven't seen one of those in quite some time.

Was it a great D? No

Were we short handed? Yes

Was it better? Yes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's truly a guru. A master of his craft. I wonder if Lamar Jackson took time to appreciate Marv's defensive genius as he was speeding by?

that effin college qb of the ratbirds is gonna get his ass tore up ala rg3. It won't be the Bengals but his ass will definately not be around for long!!!

Reply/Quote