Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, it was fun while it lasted
but the Steelers have basically locked up the AFCN after today. Now it's all about holding on to that #1 seed we currently got. Good luck in the draft.

I look forward to seeing what non-impact corner or tackle the Bengals waste their first round pick on this year. Hec, you guys might even draft a tight end straight to your IR again.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What? This isn't a thread about how it was fun to watch the Bengals between 2011 and 2015 (at least in the regular season) and not fun now?

I work hard and most movies today are shit (all those effing remakes, reboots, sequels, and overblown movies with a bunch of frowning elves just marching). And now, watching the Bengals is making me flash back to the late 90s early 2000s. Quickly running out of entertainment options here!!!
Reply/Quote
Well if it meant Marvin would be fired and not replaced by next man up I’d be ok with it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:44 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: What? This isn't a thread about how it was fun to watch the Bengals between 2011 and 2015 (at least in the regular season) and not fun now?

I work hard and most movies today are shit (all those effing remakes, reboots, sequels, and overblown movies with a bunch of frowning elves just marching). And now, watching the Bengals is making me flash back to the late 90s early 2000s. Quickly running out of entertainment options here!!!

Isn't that the truth. ThumbsUp 

Wonder what that D back said to AJ to piss him off so bad? Once AJ is gone the game was over.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if it meant Marvin would be fired and not replaced by next man up I’d be ok with it.

That's what I just don't get, the lack of any effort to really change anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's what I just don't get, the lack of any effort to really change anything.

It all depends on what your goals are. If Mike can maximize profits, do it his way and trip over a Super Bowl then great, but not a priority.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:22 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Wonder what that D back said to AJ to piss him off so bad? Once AJ is gone the game was over.

"You have 6 yards and play for the Bengals."
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: but the Steelers have basically locked up the AFCN after today. Now it's all about holding on to that #1 seed we currently got. Good luck in the draft.

I look forward to seeing what non-impact corner or tackle the Bengals waste their first round pick on this year. Hec, you guys might even draft a tight end straight to your IR again.
IR is a weak spot, need to strengthen that position.
(11-05-2017, 05:44 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: What? This isn't a thread about how it was fun to watch the Bengals between 2011 and 2015 (at least in the regular season) and not fun now?

Bruh, you're just watching the wrong movies. There are many great movies made every year. And literally every movie ever made is available for free on demand  Ninja  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:22 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Isn't that the truth. ThumbsUp 

Wonder what that D back said to AJ to piss him off so bad? Once AJ is gone the game was over.

"Marvin Lewis"
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: but the Steelers have basically locked up the AFCN after today. Now it's all about holding on to that #1 seed we currently got. Good luck in the draft.

Dead Horse
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's what I just don't get, the lack of any effort to really change anything.

Mike Brown is afraid of change because if change doesn't work then they're like the Browns or he fears it may be like the 90s again. 

But in not changing, they are taking steps back into the 90s. Look out our offensive line coach Paul Alexander. Been in the same spot for 25 years or so. I don't know of any other coach that's been in the same spot for that long in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
I was always a Lewis fan because he's local to me. I really did want to see him do well. But it's obvious the Bengals need coaching changes. I really don't think you guys are all that bad, you just need a new HC, line coach, and a few wise FA pick ups and drafts for the Oline. Defense is solid. You're set and decently deep at WR and RB, and Dalton is pretty good if given time.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I was always a Lewis fan because he's local to me. I really did want to see him do well. But it's obvious the Bengals need coaching changes. I really don't think you guys are all that bad, you just need a new HC, line coach, and a few wise FA pick ups and drafts for the Oline. Defense is solid. You're set and decently deep at WR and RB, and Dalton is pretty good if given time.

Kind words... But we suck.

Marvin's a good man, and by all accounts successful. He's just taken them as far as he can... Our playoff meltdown a few years back was his Waterloo. Management just doesn't realize it or doesn't care.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I was always a Lewis fan because he's local to me. I really did want to see him do well. But it's obvious the Bengals need coaching changes. I really don't think you guys are all that bad, you just need a new HC, line coach, and a few wise FA pick ups and drafts for the Oline. Defense is solid. You're set and decently deep at WR and RB, and Dalton is pretty good if given time.
I agree. What other organizations would let a coach stick around for fifteen years with the limited success Marvin has/had. The Bengals need a breath of fresh air. A lot of Football is psychological in nature. Marvin can't motivate anymore. Time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:08 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I agree. What other organizations would let a coach stick around for fifteen years with the limited success Marvin has/had. The Bengals need a breath of fresh air. A lot of Football is psychological in nature. Marvin can't motivate anymore. Time to move on.

Yeah we do need a breath of fresh air. Starts with Mike Brown. We can get another HC but if he fails to do anything good for us Mike will keep him around for another 15 years too, as long as they're selling enough tix to get by everything is good in Bengals land...

Marvin is not a motivational type coach. If he were our DC I wouldn't mind that much or even a GM wouldn't be a bad spot for him, but not as a HC. He needed to go after our 06-07 season 10 years ago. He's done nothing worth mentioning for this city (football related, still a good guy).

With that being said, I would love a John Gruden or Josh McDaniels to come in and give us a shot of resurgence. It's not going to happen under Lewis. Paul Alexander can go too. Hell Paul Gunther is starting to look overrated against mediocre-elite offenses lol. We need a lot of changes to happen. There's no heart anymore. Talent is on the roster, just no one to motivate them.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:39 AM)Takedown Wrote: Yeah we do need a breath of fresh air. Starts with Mike Brown. We can get another HC but if he fails to do anything good for us Mike will keep him around for another 15 years too, as long as they're selling enough tix to get by everything is good in Bengals land...

Marvin is not a motivational type coach. If he were our DC I wouldn't mind that much or even a GM wouldn't be a bad spot for him, but not as a HC. He needed to go after our 06-07 season 10 years ago. He's done nothing worth mentioning for this city (football related, still a good guy).

With that being said, I would love a John Gruden or Josh McDaniels to come in and give us a shot of resurgence. It's not going to happen under Lewis. Paul Alexander can go too. Hell Paul Gunther is starting to look overrated against mediocre-elite offenses lol. We need a lot of changes to happen. There's no heart anymore. Talent is on the roster, just no one to motivate them.

They're not even that talented either. We've heard it so long, that we just parrot it. They've got some nice players, but it's a stretch to claim they have a good roster anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I look forward to seeing what non-impact corner or tackle the Bengals waste their first round pick on this year. Hec, you guys might even draft a tight end straight to your IR again.

The Ravens will draft an Alabama defensive player who plays a position they have plenty of depth at or a bust WR. 

In Ozzie We Bust
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
At least....we didn't throw five picks to the Jags...TAKE THAT ONE!?

*Shrugs*

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Talking about winning the AFC North this year is a lot like winning the AFC South the last twenty. It's not impressive.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Talking about winning the AFC North this year is a lot like winning the AFC South the last twenty. It's not impressive.

The Steelers would have won it regardless. They own all of you Browns tainted schmucks.
What about the AFC East?....the Pats have been beneficiaries of perhaps a decade of horrible football when the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets were all bad at the same time.
Reply/Quote