Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well the Dolphins won...
Now the only shot at the playoffs is the AFC North which is unlikely
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 01:50 AM)Trademark Wrote: Now the only shot at the playoffs is the AFC North which is unlikely
Not as unlikely as it seems. I actually think the Browns have a coin flip chance to win against Steelers. They were in that game right up until the end last time they played and if they're 0-15 they will be trying harder than anything to not go 0-16
Reply/Quote
Guys... Come on. Let's be realistic here: we were all but elimated from contention after the Bills loss (and debatably the Giants loss). We are not going to the playoffs this year. We had a damn good run, 5 years in a row with playoff appearances is nothing to scoff at. But it's over as far as this season.

On the bright side, we should have a decent draft selection. We'll have an extra first round talent (Jackson III) and a potential Peko replacement (Billings). We should (God willing) get through training camp healthier... If we avoid any significant injuries the rest of the way, we can hopefully make it back to the postseason next year.
Reply/Quote
We were eliminated at 1-2, xD.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengals have lost to every seriously contending team that they have faced this season. Anyone hoping to see this team in the playoffs, is just a glutton for punishment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:50 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We were eliminated at 1-2, xD.

Exactly. When we were 1-2 I knew at that point this team wasn't going anywhere this year and it's very comical people really believe we will make the playoffs. I want what they are smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:47 AM)Clappington Wrote: Exactly. When we were 1-2 I knew at that point this team wasn't going anywhere this year and it's very comical people really believe we will make the playoffs. I want what they are smoking.

I doubt anyone truly believes we're going to the playoffs.  I think it's more a case of a typical fan base reaction of hoping for the best until we reach the point where we're mathematically eliminated.  That could come about 4:15 today and this sort of overly optimistic talk will end for good for this season.  

But, if the stars align and we somehow manage to beat the Steelers today, then ooh boy, it's gonna get crazy up in here  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals have lost to every seriously contending team that they have faced this season.  Anyone hoping to see this team in the playoffs, is just a glutton for punishment.

The best things we can hope for are a new coaching staff and a high draft pick.  We might get the high draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals have lost to every seriously contending team that they have faced this season. Anyone hoping to see this team in the playoffs, is just a glutton for punishment.

The team that wins the AFC North could host a backup QB, so that's always winnable. Moore looked solid, but I wouldn't be surprised if he melts down on the road in a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 04:08 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not as unlikely as it seems. I actually think the Browns have a coin flip chance to win against Steelers. They were in that game right up until the end last time they played and if they're 0-15 they will be trying harder than anything to not go 0-16

They have to start someone other than RGIII.  He is horrible. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals have lost to every seriously contending team that they have faced this season.  

@ Pitt, @ Dallas, @ NE, @ Giants. @ Balt  Ninja

Reply/Quote
I just want a win against the Steelers. Don't care about playoffs as I've given up weeks ago.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 12:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: @ Pitt, @ Dallas, @ NE, @ Giants. @ Balt  Ninja

Makes no difference, tough teams win on the road.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
For a while now, the Bengals were never in any real contention to make it into the playoffs. We're not mathematically eliminated yet, but even if we made it in, we're looking at the likely possibility of another one and done.

No thanks. I'd be happy with beating Pittsburgh today, and hope for some type of team restructure after the season is done.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Makes no difference, tough teams win on the road.

I guess the Stools aren't all that tough then.

@ Skins W, @Eagles Crushed, @Finns Crushed, @ Balt L, @ Cle W, @ Colts W, @ Bills W

They got NE, Dallas, and Giants at home, and lost 2-3. In fact their only impressive win was over the Chiefs at home. (43-14)

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 04:08 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not as unlikely as it seems. I actually think the Browns have a coin flip chance to win against Steelers. They were in that game right up until the end last time they played and if they're 0-15 they will be trying harder than anything to not go 0-16

The Browns have had all year to win a game and prevent an 0-16 season.  There is just something bitterly amusing about hoping a team that is shaping up to be one of the least competitive teams in NFL history will help you into the playoffs.  Perhaps an 0-15 team is a dangerous cornered rat, or perhaps they're just going to be as talent deprived and incompetent as they've been for the past 365+ days.

Side note, I will say it's amusing that so many NFL fanbases wonder why teams are so hesitant to pull the plugs on vets and "see what they have in the young guys" and we are all watching the Browns and Jets throw every youngun who isn't ready out there and they are playing some amazingly embarrassing football, their fanbases are appalled, and people are calling for the HCs to be fired.  Funny how that works.
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it, but if you've lost all of your games probably winning that last one doesn't have much meaning.

For the vets, especially those under contract, you might even expect them to not to stick their neck out to make a play.

After all... one game left and then it's officially off season. Might as well enjoy it being healthy.

Only the young guys and players looking for contracts would put in the extra effort IMO.

Lastly... I agree with Sunset. RGIII is frickin' terrible. If he even makes it that far.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 01:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hate to say it, but if you've lost all of your games probably winning that last one doesn't have much meaning.

For the vets, especially those under contract, you might even expect them to not to stick their neck out to make a play.

After all...  one game left and then it's officially off season.  Might as well enjoy it being healthy.

Only the young guys and players looking for contracts would put in the extra effort IMO.

Lastly...  I agree with Sunset.   RGIII is frickin' terrible.  If he even makes it that far.

Based on past history, RGIII and Hue are more likely to dial up some insanely incompetent and goofy crap in desperation to avoid 0-16 than they are to pull off an inspirational upset.  I expect RGIII to take off in a full on flail-run ala Olive Oyl and Hue to call more septuple reverses from his own endzone.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 01:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Based on past history, PRYOR and Hue are more likely to dial up some insanely incompetent and goofy crap in desperation to avoid 0-16 than they are to pull off an inspirational upset.  I expect PRYOR to take off in a full on flail-run ala Olive Oyl and Hue to call more septuple reverses from his own endzone.

Fixed it for ya. :andy:

I doubt that Subway eatin' mop makes it that far.

"Trash can, Omaha, garbage, garbage...  hike!"
[Image: th?id=OIP.Me6c315de067da32f5e5c75ba7b4b5...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 01:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Fixed it for ya. :andy:

I doubt that Subway eatin' mop makes it that far.

"Trash can, Omaha, garbage, garbage...  hike!"
[Image: th?id=OIP.Me6c315de067da32f5e5c75ba7b4b5...=300&h=300]

True....RGIII will probably get injured running around like a skinny maniac trying to avoid 0-16 prior to the last week of the season.
Reply/Quote