Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, they did it, we have Glass Eaters.
(03-20-2022, 11:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I could have seen one signing as “enough” In their eyes.  We all knew better.  This could be the best line since 2005/2015, and those lines saw Palmer/Dalton as MVP candidates and opened holes in our running game.  Mixon should be as excited as burrow for next year.

Yeah I think this is going so under the radar. Obviously we need an OL that can keep Burrow on his feet, that's how we win, but Mixon had a great year behind that awful line last year.... hopefully he can have an insane year behind this one.

The AFC is stacked, but if the O-Line comes in and works as we hope, we have incredible talent on offence both via the air or the ground.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:49 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah I think this is going so under the radar. Obviously we need an OL that can keep Burrow on his feet, that's how we win, but Mixon had a great year behind that awful line last year.... hopefully he can have an insane year behind this one.

The AFC is stacked, but if the O-Line comes in and works as we hope, we have incredible talent on offence both via the air or the ground.

All true, I just don't want to see us run Mixon into the ground as we were dangerously close to doing so last season.

Need to get another back besides Evans to spell Mixon. He will get his with this OL if they stay healthy. Best run blocking OL 
I have seen us have since 2005 when Rudi had his big season.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, I just don't want to see us run Mixon into the ground as we were dangerously close to doing so last season.

Need to get another back besides Evans to spell Mixon. He will get his with this OL if they stay healthy. Best run blocking OL 

Mixon ought to get at least 15 rush attempts/gm before playoffs, that’s 240 rushes over a 16 game season. With 3 games in the playoffs that’s another 45 rush attempts, giving him 285 rushes, just a few short of what he actually did in 2021. Mixon is very versatile, his use count ought to go up with the new line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:15 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Mixon ought to get at least 15 rush attempts/gm before playoffs, that’s 240 rushes over a 16 game season.  With 3 games in the playoffs that’s another 45 rush attempts, giving him 285 rushes, just a few short of what he actually did in 2021. Mixon is very versatile, his use count ought to go up with the new line.

Also would like to keep using Mixon more and more in the passing game. Been calling for this for years. Same with Evans
and wouldn't mind seeing a couple sets a game with both of these RB's out there at the same time either lining up at RB 
or WR to spell our other weapons at times. RB's are hard to tackle. That is what is so awesome about Chase, he is like a 
RB after the catch.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: All we asked for this offseason, all everyone (including national media) was clamoring for was to overhaul the OL.

I have to say I am impressed with the Front office.  There where many ways this could have been done and this is about as good as I could have imagined.  I never thought overhauling 4 was realistic as they invested some picks last year and I assume they will add with more picks this year, to fill out the 5th spot and depth.  Maybe I’m wrong and they still take care of that, but none the less… impressive job and kudos to all involved.

Getting a top 15 gaurd, an upgrade at center that can play multiple positions and arguably a top 5 RT.  

Don’t be surprised to see a top 12 OL next year, and continue to get better as the season goes on.  

I know they (the front office) are still not done, but so far… this is what everyone wanted and I think the urgency by the team meets the fan expectations.  

Also, hurst was a nice pickup to replace CJ, don’t be surprised if he exceeds everything CJ did last year.

Who dey.

Now lets hope Pollack finally lives up to the hype it seems he has been getting since Dallas but not much to show for it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, I just don't want to see us run Mixon into the ground as we were dangerously close to doing so last season.

Absolutely. Hopefully whoever is RB2 can be effective enough to take a load off of Mixon, but I think Mixon having a good year is paramount. O-Line looks great, and you know teams are going to zero in on Chase this year. Yes we have the targets to spread it around a bit, but nothing will free up Chase more than a good ground game.

Even better if RB2 gives us a serious dual-threat running game!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:43 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely. Hopefully whoever is RB2 can be effective enough to take a load off of Mixon, but I think Mixon having a good year is paramount. O-Line looks great, and you know teams are going to zero in on Chase this year. Yes we have the targets to spread it around a bit, but nothing will free up Chase more than a good ground game.

Even better if RB2 gives us a serious dual-threat running game!

Gonna be fun. We have 2 RB's that can pick up the blitz and catch the ball out of the backfield, need to add another one 
preferably a bigger back than Evans who is pretty much a scat back type. 
Reply/Quote