Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, well, well.. He told you they would pay for the wall.
Better late than never.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/first-on-abc-mexico-to-pay-1-5-billion-for-us-border-source-says/ar-AAZvcCB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f9fb651f66f2493fdabe96078961e05b

Quote:Mexico on Tuesday agreed to contribute $1.5 billion to a joint initiative with the U.S. to improve infrastructure along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a person familiar with the commitment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm missing something but your thread title indicates credit for Trump but the article is more crediting to Biden and his administrations approach to border security being a two country process rather than a military style defense against an invasive foe.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Better late than never.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/first-on-abc-mexico-to-pay-1-5-billion-for-us-border-source-says/ar-AAZvcCB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f9fb651f66f2493fdabe96078961e05b

More money to improve the infrastructure and security AND more efficient?

Biden seems to be able to make a deal.

Quote:The agreement came on the same day President Joe Biden hosted his Mexican counterpart, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, for a meeting in the Oval Office.

Part of their discussions were expected to include a commitment from the two countries to carry out "a multi-year, joint, U.S.-Mexico border infrastructure modernization effort for projects along the 2,000 mile border," a senior Biden administration official told reporters on Monday ahead of the meeting.

The infrastructure project is intended to improve processing and security along the border, the person familiar with the agreement said.
[color=var(--neutral-foreground-rest)][Image: AAZvksk.img?w=768&h=491&m=6&x=156&y=43&s...s=167&d=64]
 Sandy Huffaker/AFP via Getty Images, FILEPedestrians, coming from Mexico, exit the San Ysidro Port of Entry along the U.S./Mexico border in San Ysidro, Calif., Dec. 29, 2019.

[/color]
Biden alluded to Mexico's investment in remarks alongside López Obrador before their meeting, saying, "We're also making historic investments in infrastructure modernization across our 2,000-mile border with Mexico."

He noted the $1.2 trillion infrastructure law he championed last year was "delivering $3.4 billion to major construction projects at the ports of entry between our two countries to make our border safer and more efficient for people, trade and commerce."
[color=var(--neutral-foreground-rest)][Image: AAZvrRi.img?w=768&h=576&m=6]
 by Omar Martinez/Picture Alliance via Getty ImagesHundreds of people watch from the border fence in Playas de Tijuana, Mexico, as U.S. Independence Day fireworks were launched several miles away in San Diego Bay, Calif., July 4, 2022.

[/color]
"And the American people should know, Mr. President," Biden told López Obrador, "that you’re also making a significant investment on your side of the border to improve infrastructure to meet the needs of our times and the future."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Record economic growth AND sealing the deal with Mexico that Trump couldn't deliver on!? People should be praising Biden in the streets!!!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Yea, Biden's economy & border security are real success stories.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Record economic growth AND sealing the deal with Mexico that Trump couldn't deliver on!? People should be praising Biden in the streets!!!

record economic growth?  Is there a  Ninja missing?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:24 AM)basballguy Wrote: record economic growth?  Is there a  Ninja missing?

I doubt it, but I think the health of the economy and the fiscal stability of us regular folks have been exposed as being unrelated. 

I've been told Trump was rocket fuel for the economy but many employed Americans were on the verge of financial ruin after missing a paycheck or two. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I doubt it, but I think the health of the economy and the fiscal stability of us regular folks have been exposed as being unrelated. 

I've been told Trump was rocket fuel for the economy but many employed Americans were on the verge of financial ruin after missing a paycheck or two. 

At what point in history was this not the case ?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:30 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: At what point in history was this not the case ?

I'm sure one of the more historically learned people here can answer this.  Im more of a cynical social sour grapist. 

I feel like our post Reagan era of trickle down disparity and inflation combined with our government printing paper money at every opportunity has us more susceptible to such things now. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:24 AM)basballguy Wrote: record economic growth?  Is there a  Ninja missing?

Nope, it's actually accurate. GDP growth has been good and unemployment and layoffs are down. Plus, corporations are making record profits. I mean, that last part is really the reason for this inflation we are experiencing right now, but profits, right!? Hard to blame government leaders for capitalism.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure one of the more historically learned people here can answer this.  Im more of a cynical social sour grapist. 

I feel like our post Reagan era of trickle down disparity and inflation combined with our government printing paper money at every opportunity has us more susceptible to such things now. 

You're about spot on, here. It has been in the last 40-50 years or so that we have seen this.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're about spot on, here. It has been in the last 40-50 years or so that we have seen this.

As you said, corporate profits are up. If you aren't in on that it's your fault, not Joe Blow Biden. 

But back to my point, we average schlubs have to turn into our favorite propaganda outlets to be told how the economy is doing.  Shows how much impact that actually has on us. 
Reply/Quote

via GIPHY

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 11:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As you said, corporate profits are up. If you aren't in on that it's your fault, not Joe Blow Biden. 

But back to my point, we average schlubs have to turn into our favorite propaganda outlets to be told how the economy is doing.  Shows how much impact that actually has on us. 

Up from like 2020 when a lot of businesses were shut down?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 01:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Up from like 2020 when a lot of businesses were shut down?

No, record profits. Corporate profits are the highest they have ever been. Some of the change can be attributed to catching up, but not this much. It is the primary driver of inflation, the price increases by corporations.

https://www.bea.gov/sites/default/files/2022-03/gdp4q21_3rd.pdf

https://fortune.com/2022/03/31/us-companies-record-profits-2021-price-hikes-inflation/

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, record profits. Corporate profits are the highest they have ever been. Some of the change can be attributed to catching up, but not this much. It is the primary driver of inflation, the price increases by corporations.

https://www.bea.gov/sites/default/files/2022-03/gdp4q21_3rd.pdf

https://fortune.com/2022/03/31/us-companies-record-profits-2021-price-hikes-inflation/

Corporate profits are through the roof while we normal folk are talking about how shitty everything is for us. 

I think we've been snookered. Ah well, live and don't learn. More GOP policies, please!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Corporate profits are through the roof while we normal folk are talking about how shitty everything is for us. 

I think we've been snookered. Ah well, live and don't learn. More GOP policies, please!

It's all the oil companies fault.

Exxon's CEO has a personal vavle in his office like the presidents red telephone to start a nuclear war.  If prices go down too far, he just turns the valve.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 02:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's all the oil companies fault.

Exxon's CEO has a personal vavle in his office like the presidents red telephone to start a nuclear war.  If prices go down too far, he just turns the valve.

I knew it! Ninja

Reply/Quote