Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well who comes back ?
What do you think?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whitworth--FO will bend over backwards.

Lafell--Earned it. We have other needs in the draft aside from WR.

Dre--He likes it in the Natti.

Dansby--Muh veteren hard-on.
Reply/Quote
They need to keep Burkhead in this building.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:17 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Whitworth--FO will bend over backwards.

Lafell--Earned it. We have other needs in the draft aside from WR.

Dre--He likes it in the Natti.

Dansby--Muh veteren hard-on.

3 out of 4 hopefully. I thought Dansby would be better than he was. Time to move on. I'd add Peko to the list of they can get him reasonably cheap.
Reply/Quote
Burkhead will get an opportunity to start elsewhere so I think he's gone. Why sit and wait being a #3 back when you can probably be a #2 elsewhere?

I don't think Dansby will be back.
Whit will be back.
Kirk will be back but the Bengals won't match any crazy offers someone may give him.
Reply/Quote
Fortunately for us, I don't see any contenders in need of a LT, and I don't think Whit will move on for better money on a crappy team.

Peko I think will stay if offered a contract

Dre I think will get suitors and chase the money

Zeitler is a question mark, as I don't know that he played well enough to get suitors willing to pay a top contract.

Burkhead will leave for a bigger role, regardless of the money.

Hunt will probably stay if offered a contract

Gilberry will definitely stay since he just pulled an MJ already.

Lafell might come down to guarantees of playing time. At 30, he won't have many suitors as more than a depth player. If he thinks Boyd or Core will get his snaps, he might try one of those teams and hope he can win time in competition.

Peerman will stay if offered a contract

Thompson will probably move on regardless of our offer.

Chykie Brown and Brandon Boykin, who knows or cares.

Bullock will probably sign but have to win the job in the preseason.

Oops, forgot Dansby and Winston. I think they will both retire.
Reply/Quote
Marvin
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: 3 out of 4 hopefully. I thought Dansby would be better than he was. Time to move on. I'd add Peko to the list of they can get him reasonably cheap.

Dansby actually played well later on the year I think he had to adjust to our scheme. Anyways I think we re-sign most. Hopefully we cut Peko though
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
FYI, below are the folks whose contacts expire and their age

Domata Peko DT 32 
Andrew Whitworth LT 35
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27 
Kevin Zeitler G 26 
Margus Hunt DE 29 
Brandon LaFell WR 30 
Rex Burkhead RB 26 
Cedric Peerman RB 30
Karlos Dansby ILB 35 
Eric Winston RT 33
Wallace Gilberry DE 32
Brandon Thompson DT 27 
Chykie Brown CB 30 
Randy Bullock K 27 
T.J. Johnson C 26 
Paul Dawson OLB 23
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lots of desicions to be made on that list
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FYI, below are the folks whose contacts expire and their age

Domata Peko DT 32 
Andrew Whitworth LT 35
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27 
Kevin Zeitler G 26 
Margus Hunt DE 29 *
Brandon LaFell WR 30 
Rex Burkhead RB 26 
Cedric Peerman RB 30
Karlos Dansby ILB 35 
Eric Winston RT 33 *
Wallace Gilberry DE 32 *
Brandon Thompson DT 27 
Chykie Brown CB 30 
Randy Bullock K 27 *
T.J. Johnson C 26 
Paul Dawson OLB 23 **

If Billings comes back healthy and strong, I don't think Peko makes it. Peko is a locker room guy, but a detriment on the field.

Whit NEEDS to be brought back. They have 0 other starting caliber tackles on this team.

Kirkpatrick will probably get a big offer elsewhere. A shame they spent 5 years to finally turn him into a decent starter, but there was some ridiculous CB money being thrown around last offseason. There are 10 CB making $10m/yr+ in the NFL in 2017, 16 CB making $9m/yr+ in 2017. Not sure I would want to drop 5yr/$45m on a CB who has one good year as a starter (his contract year) and still makes a lot of boneheaded penalties.

Zeitler had a down year, but from what I have read he is chasing the money. He cut off contract negotiations with the Bengals after DeCastro got his $10m/yr deal. I think he chases the money and goes elsewhere.

Hunt probably gets a 1 year offer based off his blocked kicks, and is given a chance to compete with Gilberry, Clarke, and a draft pick to make the team.

LaFell was a good signing at 1yr/$2.5m, but he's rebuilt his value now. Not sure I like the probable 3yr/$15-18m for a guy who will turn 31 next season and had under 40 yards receiving in 8 of the 16 games this year. Bengals need to get someone who can stretch the field and get separation.

Burkhead will be this year's Andrew Hawkins. Someone they should keep, but will let slip away. I am not sure I see the Bengals being able to cut ties with Jeremy Hill, and they just gave Gio a contract extension this season, so not sure Burkhead will stay as a 3rd stringer.

Peerman really doesn't bring anything to the team anymore except some locker room leadership. That's less useful when you can't help on the field, too.

Dansby was signed in FA 3 years too late. Guy is done.

Winston will probably sign a 1 year deal again to be a backup tackle. Might have to compete with Ogbuehi/Fisher/or Draft Pick for a roster spot.

Gilberry likely comes back on a 1 year deal to compete for a roster spot with Hunt, Clarke, and a draft pick.

Short any injuries, I don't see Brandon Thompson being brought back.

Chykie Brown should have never made the 2016, so watch the Bengals bring him back for 2017.

Bullock probably signed on a 1 or 2 year deal with no dead money to be cut, and competes with a late draft pick or UDFA.

With my prediction of Zeitler leaving, Westerman goes to RG, leaving TJ Johnson as the backup LG, C, RG. Probably along with a draft pick.

Paul Dawson likely comes back on a 1 year minimum deal, gets beat out for a roster spot in preseason, and goes back on the PS for the 3rd year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
* = They will be brought in on a 1 year deal to try to win a roster spot.

** = Will probably go back on the PS, for his 3rd and final year of eligibility.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Missed part of the post-game broadcast but Peko gave an emotional interview to Lap, according to Allen Cutler. Did anyone here that and can provide some details about what he said? He thinking of retiring?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No, he wants to come back. And with the question marks on Billings health we probably need him to.
Reply/Quote