Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welp, time for Sanders to step down
She clearly has mental issues and/or an inability to not lie.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/30/sarah-sanders-god-wanted-donald-trump-become-president/2727530002/

Quote: In an interview on Wednesday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said she believes that God wanted Donald Trump to be president. 

Talking with the Christian Broadcasting Network, Sanders offered her thoughts on a wide array of topics, including immigration, a border wall, the White House press briefings and how real estate mogul Donald Trump ended up at the White House. 

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders said, according to CBN News. "That's why he's there and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about." 

Much of Sanders' 20-minute interview with the media organization revolved around the intersection of faith and politics, including how Christians in Syria will be affected by pulling troops out of the country, abortion and whether a wall along the southern border, Trump's key campaign promise that led to a 35-day government shutdown, is moral. 

Sanders argued that Trump is the "most conservative president that we've ever had," pointing to how the administration has reshaped the judicial system with a wide assortment of conservative judges. 

"I think that will be one of the greatest legacies that the president has after his 8 years in office is how he has completely remade the judiciary and started to stop this activist court that we've started to see over the last 8 years," Sander said. "There's a reason evangelicals are sticking with the President, and that's because he's delivered on all the things he said he would do."

Sanders questioned whether press briefings were the best way to distribute information and criticized members of the press who used the briefings as a way to "find this gotcha moment." 

Sanders said her faith helps comfort her in her daily duties at the White House and when she faces tough questions from the news media about the administration.

"The goal is to be the best version of who God created us and who he called us to be," Sanders told CBN. "Some days I do that better than others, but the goal is always to be open about my faith. I think it's part of the reason it gives me a sense of calm when I'm in that room." 

If your "faith" comforts you while you lie on a daily basis I question which faith you have.  

If any of these people could feel shame they probably would.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-31-2019, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote:  In an interview on Wednesday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said she believes that God wanted Donald Trump to be president. 

That's why I usually hope there is no God. If there was one, he'd be quite the cynic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-31-2019, 10:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: That's why I usually hope there is no God. If there was one, he'd be quite the cynic.

A lot of good responses to the article about how this isn't the first time God has been accused of sending a plague on the people as punishment!  Smirk
(01-31-2019, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: A lot of good responses to the article about how this isn't the first time God has been accused of sending a plague on the people as punishment!  Smirk

He should go back to letting grasshoppers rain though. It's just more impressive.
What god wants
god gets
god help us all
Good news is God seems to have lowered his standards as the "Christian' broadcasting network applauded the election of this admitted pu**y grabber, wife cheater, liar, and many times over divorcee.

Unless that is they are calling Putin God now.

Either way they are all going to Hell and I hope real Christians stick to our teaching and not give it all up for a man with the moral compass of Trump.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-31-2019, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good news is God seems to have lowered his standards as the "Christian' broadcasting network applauded the election of this admitted pu**y grabber, wife cheater, liar, and many times over divorcee.

Either way they are all going to Hell and I hope real Christians stick to our teaching and not give it all up for a man with the moral compass of Trump.

God once believed that adulterers should be put to death, but now he helps make them president.  What the hell, god?  Geez.  Make up your mind!
(01-31-2019, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good news is God seems to have lowered his standards as the "Christian' broadcasting network applauded the election of this admitted pu**y grabber, wife cheater, liar, and many times over divorcee.

I think it would be great to have a god who lets you do and say what you want--then claim it's what HE wanted you to do.  Part of His "plan." 
It's just your typical Republican in Christian's clothing act.

I've grown pretty numb to the Republican party abusing religion to their own ends. It doesn't really bother me anymore.
(01-31-2019, 12:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's just your typical Republican in Christian's clothing act.

I've grown pretty numb to the Republican party abusing religion to their own ends. It doesn't really bother me anymore.

I have to say, I didn't sour on American Christianity until I started paying attention to politics.  Ye gods.  I love Trump, but the same part of the Bible that says we should put him to death also says homosexuality is wrong...you think I'd be conflicted, but no.

I'm actually jealous that people can be that delusional self-serving and confident and I can't.  
Loved the comment about stopping "activist courts" considering the first thing she wants the Supreme Court to do is overturn the precedent of Roe v. Wade.
People can say whatever dumb shit regarding their religion that they want, even if it contradicts it. Believing that a vain adulterer was sent by god to protect your religion and lying to promote him will be something she will have to justify to her god if her god exists.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-31-2019, 12:19 PM)Dill Wrote: I think it would be great to have a god who lets you do and say what you want--then claim it's what HE wanted you to do.  Part of His "plan." 

In a way (according to the religion of Mike) that's exactly correct.  Religion has so distorted everything, that we now believe God has an undisclosed plan that we are somehow supposed to discover.  Life isn't a test.  It's an experience.  (I felt we needed a little R in the P&R.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-31-2019, 03:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: In a way (according to the religion of Mike) that's exactly correct.  Religion has so distorted everything, that we now believe God has an undisclosed plan that we are somehow supposed to discover.  Life isn't a test.  It's an experience.  (I felt we needed a little R in the P&R.)

LOL I think you may describing the Evangelical/protestant legacy as it has adapted to consumer culture.  What kind of religion is right for you, fits your needs?  Experience is the test. Personal experience.
(01-31-2019, 03:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People can say whatever dumb shit regarding their religion that they want, even if it contradicts it. Believing that a vain adulterer was sent by god to protect your religion and lying to promote him will be something she will have to justify to her god if her god exists.

Pretty sure the Evangelical's god will be ok with this.

For them, at least, Cyrus the Great seems to be the precedent.  Not a Jew, but he was an essential element in God's plan to return the Jews to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple. 

If Trump is the Cyrus of this age, then we need to stop wasting time complaining about his womanizing and uncharitable behavior. He was chosen to get the right people on the court, to move the embassy to Jerusalem.  That's what you judge him on.  You wouldn't hold it against Cyrus that he worked on the Sabbath. Same for Trump.  Look at how his works fit God's plan. not his tweets.
(01-31-2019, 03:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People can say whatever dumb shit regarding their religion that they want, even if it contradicts it. Believing that a vain adulterer was sent by god to protect your religion and lying to promote him will be something she will have to justify to her god if her god exists.

True, you'd think she might be in trouble on judgement day even if ol' Jesus is the one she finds on the other side.  Personally, I'm hoping god is a cat.  I've been pretty good to cats my whole life.
(01-31-2019, 03:33 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL I think you may describing the Evangelical/protestant legacy as it has adapted to consumer culture.  What kind of religion is right for you, fits your needs?  

Sorta but not really.  It's not about religion as I think they all have it wrong.  Maybe not the eastern ones.  It's about the perception of God.  This all knowing loving being who throws you into the world with zero knowledge and says, "Figure it out before you die.  Oh and if you don't, I'm going to torture you forever."  so as long as you have this unbelievably egotistical Being with the need to be constantly told how awesome He is (no Trump comments-but yeah like that) then you are going to have religions like we do today.   
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Dill Wrote: Pretty sure the Evangelical's god will be ok with this.

For them, at least, Cyrus the Great seems to be the precedent.  Not a Jew, but he was an essential element in God's plan to return the Jews to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple. 

If Trump is the Cyrus of this age, then we need to stop wasting time complaining about his womanizing and uncharitable behavior. He was chosen to get the right people on the court, to move the embassy to Jerusalem.  That's what you judge him on.  You wouldn't hold it against Cyrus that he worked on the Sabbath. Same for Trump.  Look at how his works fit God's plan. not his tweets.

Evangelicals love to save people, which may be why so many love him.

(01-31-2019, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, you'd think she might be in trouble on judgement day even if ol' Jesus is the one she finds on the other side.  Personally, I'm hoping god is a cat.  I've been pretty good to cats my whole life.

I hope so. Cat God might be happy to see my tattoo.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-31-2019, 03:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Evangelicals love to save people, which may be why so many love him.

I hope so. Cat God might be happy to see my tattoo.

Mellow

[Image: Red-And-White-Hello-Kitty-Tattoo-On-Wrist.jpg]
(01-31-2019, 03:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I hope so. Cat God might be happy to see my tattoo.

Actually, cat god is a big fan of Leviticus, so your tattoo isn't cool with him.