Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wendy's and Pepe
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2017/01/05/wendys-Pepe-the-frog.html

Quote: 

Social media less amused by Wendy's Twitter after Pepe tweet

Just days after winning kudos on social media for its witty handling of an internet troll, the Wendy's Twitter account has been the subject of criticism for tweeting what some say is a racist meme.

Wendy's responded to a Twitter user's request for memes Wednesday by  tweeting a picture of the cartoon character Pepe the Frog made up to look like the famous Wendy's mascot of a girl with red hair in pigtails. Pepe was initially an internet meme that had no racial overtones, but it has since been appropriated by white supremacists on social media.

Wendy's quickly deleted the post and tweeted that its "community manager was unaware of the recent evolution of the Pepe meme's meaning."

Wendy's was widely praised earlier this week for mocking a Twitter critic of the chain.

And just a warning for what is to come.....
4chan /pol/ is attempting to transform the wholesome, red-haired Wendy's girl into a Nat. Soc. symbol.

[Image: 1483662784939_zpssu7sy6dz.png]

[Image: 1483667800219_zpspmteyrhi.png]
Wendys is still the best fast food chain. Ninja
(01-06-2017, 12:01 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Wendys is still the best fast food chain.  Ninja

For overall quality product, I agree.
But if we throw value in with quality, I really like Rally's.
I've been attempting to get my finances in order to possibly open a franchise, in my little town.
(01-06-2017, 12:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: For overall quality product, I agree.
But if we throw value in with quality, I really like Rally's.
I've been attempting to get my finances in order to possibly open a franchise, in my little town.

Been a while since i had Rallys. There fries are the best though imo.
Gestapo Wendy is pretty hot....I'd bring down the furor [sic] on that ass

yeah, you see what I did there
--------------------------------------------------------

Rally's fries taste like pure grease. And their sandwiches do too. No where near quality. That's why they have such a cheap menu. Not to mention they're always out of something. And every single one I've ever been to is filthy inside and out.

20 years ago they were great though.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
I guess I'm an old fart whose foray into Facebook lasted maybe 6 months. I don't do Twitter. Snapchat. Instagram. Or any of the other social media apps. This is about it. So I don't understand the whole Pepe thing.
(01-06-2017, 11:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I guess I'm an old fart whose foray into Facebook lasted maybe 6 months. I don't do Twitter. Snapchat. Instagram. Or any of the other social media apps. This is about it. So I don't understand the whole Pepe thing.
It's just a cartoon frog that people altered a bazillion ways, to use as a reaction image.
Somebody, at some point, altered Pepe to be wearing an WW2 German SS uniform.
A lot of the alt-right gleefully used it.
Hillary's camp found out about it and blew it up into a worshipped mascot of the alt-right.

The Wendy's cat knew that Pepe's origin as being adaptable and made his version.

However, the left's definition and squawking insisted that this altered version was also racist/alt-right/nazi....ect...

All over a cartoon frog.
(01-06-2017, 11:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Somebody, at some point, altered Pepe to be wearing an WW2 German SS uniform.
Hillary's camp found out about it and blew it up into a worshipped mascot of the alt-right.

Accurate. There eventually became a Pepe Trump, used almost exclusively by the alt-right, usually on those image boards where their racism runs rampant. 

It wasn't originally racist nor is it really racist.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-06-2017, 11:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I guess I'm an old fart whose foray into Facebook lasted maybe 6 months. I don't do Twitter. Snapchat. Instagram. Or any of the other social media apps. This is about it. So I don't understand the whole Pepe thing.

I'm a young turd (24) and I am off of the social media grid.

From my experience it's just a way to stroke your ego.
I'm going to go learn about this Pepe so I can get outraged.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-06-2017, 11:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: It's just a cartoon frog that people altered a bazillion ways, to use as a reaction image.
Somebody, at some point, altered Pepe to be wearing an WW2 German SS uniform.

The Wendy's cat knew that Pepe's origin as being adaptable and made his version.

However, the left's definition and squawking insisted that this altered version was also racist/alt-right/nazi....ect...

All over a cartoon frog.

I could see the documentary now:

Pepe: How shitposters on the internet pissed off millions.
(01-07-2017, 02:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I could see the documentary now:

Pepe: How shitposters on the internet pissed off millions.
Exactly !

It's a beautiful example of how politics and each end of the media spectrum are anymore.
People just eat up whatever is put in front of them, as long as they can use it to support their agenda.

The reason I like this forum is that most here have opinions, but they're willing to hear the other side out.
Sure, we poke the bear a little, but few have a narrow perspective.
I don't recall anyone here complaining about a cartoon frog, but Hilldog was massively triggered.
You'd think someone would explain the concept of shitposters.

Here's a real, medium-rare Pepe (alaBig Grinenny's) for your contribution.

[Image: f897c654fcc328c886b7253bd0f9ed38d108ab61...2691_1.jpg]
(01-07-2017, 02:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Exactly !

It's a beautiful example of how politics and each end of the media spectrum are anymore.
People just eat up whatever is put in front of them, as long as they can use it to support their agenda.

The reason I like this forum is that most here have opinions, but they're willing to hear the other side out.
Sure, we poke the bear a little, but few have a narrow perspective.
I don't recall anyone here complaining about a cartoon frog, but Hilldog was massively triggered.
You'd think someone would explain the concept of shitposters.

Here's a real, medium-rare Pepe (alaBig Grinenny's) for your contribution.

[Image: 4df.jpg]

I'll try.

Shitposters are posters that post shit. The shit in their posts are delivered in a way where audiences question their sincerity or intent.

This community is a break form other ones I frequent. But there are times where I think i've acted like an ass.
(01-07-2017, 02:36 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'll try.

Shitposters are posters that post things that leave audiences questioning their intent or sincerity.

This community is a break form other ones I frequent. But there are times where I think i've acted like an ass.
Shit.... you quoted before I could edit the image...lol

But anyway.... we all act like an ass, on occasion.
That's passion and I can respect that.
How we act after the fact is what defines us.

I like your definition, too.
Shitposting has a place, in a way.
It's an art, but it's not the most delicate way to broaden someone's scope of the world.