Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Were Hurst and Hendrickson dirty?
(01-04-2023, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Scroll down on the comments and there is a Kay Adams video. She has one of the Bengals white helmets on her shelf, along with a Bills helmet, and a 12x15 black and white photo of Joe Sheisty on her shelf. The girl is mad crushing.....

As for blaming Higgins, then only person I have heard saying that is Bart Scott, and he just needs to see a therapist and show them on the doll where the Bengals hurt him.

Yeah, that was pleasant.  The world needs more of Kay Adams and her compassionate attitude.
Reply/Quote
They were all doing some hard hitting in the game but that is two AFC teams going at it. No different than us and Steelers or us and Browns. Two top dogs fighting it out for a win. The Hurst tackle the Bills guy was running just as fast at Hurst as Hurts was moving towards him and got a shoulder in Hursts chest. The momentum carried Hurst on top of the guy since Hurst was the bigger player. Nothing dirty just playing hard from both guys.

Hendrickson looked like he did not want to stop his momentum with a broken wrist, so he rolled but he pulled his legs up to avoid the QB. Neither was dirty plays just two teams fighting for a top spot in the playoff seeding.
Reply/Quote
Hurst: No issue

Hendrickson: If I were a Bills' fan, I'd condemn the play. personally, I don't think it was intentional, but we love Trey.

How many still think Kimo's hit was dirty on CP9?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 06:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There is some talk, completely unrelated to Hamlin, that that Hurst block and when Hendrickson rolled up on Allen were dirty. I know the plays they are talking about, but I don’t recall the replays. That’s not unusual as I am often participating in the game day thread.  Hate to think either were dirty.

GUYS WE MUST REMEMBER - Hendrickson has a broken wrist so the roll prevented him from landing directly on the wrist...we learned this all in physical education when flipping! Morons don't know Hendrickson wrist is broken, and don't care, but we do! YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL he rolled to prevent landing on the wrist! SMH

WHODEY!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hurst: No issue

Hendrickson: If I were a Bills' fan, I'd condemn the play. personally, I don't think it was intentional, but we love Trey.

100%.  I'm pretty sure I remember him standing up and pointing at Carson and laughing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 100%.  I'm pretty sure I remember him standing up and pointing at Carson and laughing.

Pretty sure he kicked him after standing up too, if memory serves me right. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:01 AM)wcu Wrote: 1. Hurst - Absolutely not. He just steamrolled the db who did an astonishingly awful job of taking on the block. Hurst finished just like you’re taught to do.

2. Hendrickson - Maybe? In the slow mo replay, it kind of looks like he takes a bit of an extra roll to get up on Allen’s ankles. Real time replay just shows him playing with that high intensity we all love him for. I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

(01-04-2023, 08:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hurst blocking through his player like he’s supposed too, Hendrickson is questionable from 1 angle but not the other. As would said, should give him benefit of doubt. Hendrickson is not a dirty player.

(01-04-2023, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hurst: No issue

Watching the Hendrickson replay in slow motion makes it look worse than it is.  Rewatching in real time it is obvious it wasnt dirty.

Reply/Quote
The shot that Chase took on the TD to Boyd was by far the dirtiest play in the entire game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:52 PM)TheFan Wrote: Pretty sure he kicked him after standing up too, if memory serves me right. 

Oh yeah.  All kind of runs together for me now, BUT i KNOW WHAT I SAW!!!!!!!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Watching the Hendrickson replay in slow motion makes it look worse than it is.  Rewatching in real time it is obvious it wasnt dirty.

Yes after I finally got to see it, the slo-mo does look much worse than real time.  Slo-mo hides momentum.

Reply/Quote
every non bengals fan is always quick to call the bengals dirty whenever they get the chance
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: every non bengals fan is always quick to call the bengals dirty whenever they get the chance

Pacman legacy. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pacman legacy. 

and Tez
Reply/Quote
I went and checked the Buffalo Bills message boards and, gotta be honest, I lost a bit of respect for that fan base after seeing this thread:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/244923-bengals-playing-dirty

I saw the headline asking if Bengals players were playing dirty and I expected to see a few people complaining, but the majority of people understanding what happened in those two plays.

Unfortunately, it seems like the majority deemed the Hendrickson play dirty and at least half felt the Hurst block was as well.

Then I saw this comment:

Quote:Definitely Hurst's attempted hurdle was akin to the Antonio Brown punt return against the Browns years ago.

That was an attempt to show physical dominance.

Him getting up and screaming. That was you can't handle us, you can't handle our intensity.

This is the most absurd shit I've ever seen. He's trying to link Hurst trying to get extra yards and being hyped to "displays of physical dominance" and somehow linking that to dirty play...

I am very disappointed. I thought Bills fans were our bros.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I went and checked the Buffalo Bills message boards and, gotta be honest, I lost a bit of respect for that fan base after seeing this thread:

I saw the headline asking if Bengals players were playing dirty and I expected to see a few people complaining, but the majority of people understanding what happened in those two plays.

Unfortunately, it seems like the majority deemed the Hendrickson play dirty and at least half felt the Hurst block was as well.

Then I saw this comment:

This is the most absurd shit I've ever seen. He's trying to link Hurst trying to get extra yards and being hyped to "displays of physical dominance" and somehow linking that to dirty play...

They were clearly physically dominated on our first drive and their fans are butthurt because they couldn't stop it.  I loved every second of the 25 minutes of football we got to watch.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:01 PM)wcu Wrote: They were clearly physically dominated on our first drive and their fans are butthurt because they couldn't stop it.  I loved every second of the 25 minutes of football we got to watch.

Oh, we were absolutely physically dominating them. From the Hurst block just turning a guy around and planting his face into the turf to forcing contact on multiple receptions, Hilton blowing up their 2nd down play before it began forcing Allen to ground the ball and just generally keeping Allen moving in the pocket and, ultimately, off line on his 3rd down pass to Beasley, we were in the driver's seat in that game.

What I don't understand is how their whole message board is confusing physical, imposing, hard nosed play with dirty play.

These people are football fans, right?
Reply/Quote
Watch the Boyd touchdown. Watch how the linebacker launches himself into Jamarr when the ball is in the endzone

They wont mention that though. Both teams were hyped up and playing physical
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I went and checked the Buffalo Bills message boards and, gotta be honest, I lost a bit of respect for that fan base after seeing this thread:

Then I saw this comment:

I haven't lost any respect.  We do the same thing, and we most likely would react the same way.  They are calling out a couple of plays, not saying they are a dirty team or organization.  i almost didn't start this thread because I was afraid there would be some bad blood.

Reply/Quote

Then I saw this comment:

Yeah, when I saw that thread, I decided to post the difference between the edited and real-time clips, which IMO, clearly shows there was no intent to be dirty on Trey's part.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What I don't understand is how their whole message board is confusing physical, imposing, hard nosed play with dirty play.

These people are football fans, right?

I think it's probably just a result of what occurred Monday night and should be take with a grain of salt. If that event never occurs no one is likely paying any attention to those plays with there would have been 80 other  (and likely far more important) plays. 

People are likely just very on edge and emotional. With such a small sample size of plays to discuss its easy to pick those 2 out and focus on them/be overly sensitive given what occurred. 
Reply/Quote