Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Were about to get one more veteran Olineman (Speculation)
(05-03-2021, 06:48 AM)WhoDey Wrote: "Are" Hilarious

Could have been Aaaargh...and you would think this was the Buccaneers message board.   Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 09:05 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I agree that more free agents will likely be added. It does seem that the UDFA signings are down compared to other years. 

I understand your point about not adding a DL guy, but I think we'll still see a DT-3 technique to rotate in. I'm a little surprised they didn't draft one. I do think that the draft took away the possibility of adding Kerrigan or another edge.

Agreed on Kerrigan, but I am not sure on the 3T.  There is a lot of talk about moving to some new fronts in a 3-4 hybrid that Shelton could anchor and use Hubbard and Sample in the 3T as inside rushers.  Ossai and even ADG can be used to rush from various spots.  We need to figure out how to stop the run in this division along with getting pressure on passing downs.  
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What do you see on the Bengals roster that the Eagles would even want?

I think we still have the rights to Sean Brewer. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 10:43 AM)yang Wrote: Agreed on Kerrigan, but I am not sure on the 3T.  There is a lot of talk about moving to some new fronts in a 3-4 hybrid that Shelton could anchor and use Hubbard and Sample in the 3T as inside rushers.  Ossai and even ADG can be used to rush from various spots.  We need to figure out how to stop the run in this division along with getting pressure on passing downs.  

You mean Shelvin, but yeah. He can man Nose in a 3-4 set no question. Hubert too can fit in this scenario. We speak about this
every year lol but we might be seeing more 3-4 sets with these selections. Ossai and ADG are a lot alike honestly in their athleticism
and body types it is just Ossai is WAY more pro ready as a rookie. I bet this guy can be a game changer right off the bat. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean Shelvin, but yeah. He can man Nose in a 3-4 set no question. Hubert too can fit in this scenario. We speak about this
every year lol but we might be seeing more 3-4 sets with these selections. Ossai and ADG are a lot alike honestly in their athleticism
and body types it is just Ossai is WAY more pro ready as a rookie. I bet this guy can be a game changer right off the bat. 

Yeah, the reality is that we will have 2 or fewer linebackers on the field 80% of the time.  All these 3-4 and 4-3 sets people talk about are only used about 10-12 plays per game.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, the reality is that we will have 2 or fewer linebackers on the field 80% of the time.  All these 3-4 and 4-3 sets people talk about are only used about 10-12 plays per game.

Just saying we might see it a little more now with these selections. I agree, we definitely aren't going to a primary 3-4 set.

Will be in a 5-2 set most of the time with Wilson and the best other LB IMO. Lots of competition now I just think Wilson is the 
main man after what he shown as a rookie and us not bringing back Bynes. Need to use Ossai as a pass rusher and as a down
hill defender. Guy is great at getting TFL...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been saying it for month, trade for Zac Ertz, a complete TE.

Ertz
Uzomah
Sample

One 3 down TE in Ertz, one pass catching TE with Uzomah to team with Ertz in 2 TE sets and Sample a run blocking TE to use with Ertz.

A TE is a young QB's best friend and a running game with Mixon and company helps Joe B.

Sample and Uzomah both are three down TEs.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 04:28 AM)EasyPeasy Wrote: I'm genuinely concerned that anyone with English as a first language cannot differentiate between "are" and "our." I don't even care about were/we're. Or starting a contentless thread with a bullshit title implying there's actual content. It's inconceivable. A troll? Speach-to- text gaffe? 
You were doing OK until "Speach-to-text." Is English your first language? JK Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 05:28 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: You were doing OK until "Speach-to-text." Is English your first language? JK Tongue

I could of done better Sad
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean Shelvin, but yeah. He can man Nose in a 3-4 set no question. Hubert too can fit in this scenario. We speak about this

Looking forward to seeing Ossai in Stripes

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I had a dream that the Bengals bought a time machine and went and got a young Gene Upshaw to play guard. I’m sure it will come true.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 06:57 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: I could of done better Sad

Welcome to the club!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Looking forward to seeing Ossai in Stripes

He wasn't in any of my thoughts cause I thought he would be gone in the 2nd and I thought we HAD to take an OL in the 
2nd. For Ossai to drop to us in the 3rd and grab him up was insane in a great way. Can cover, tackle, rush the passers is 
great at getting tackles for loss, takes great angles with speed.

Will be fun watching this guy. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, the reality is that we will have 2 or fewer linebackers on the field 80% of the time.  All these 3-4 and 4-3 sets people talk about are only used about 10-12 plays per game.

Or against Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 04:28 AM)EasyPeasy Wrote: I'm genuinely concerned that anyone with English as a first language cannot differentiate between "are" and "our." I don't even care about were/we're. Or starting a contentless thread with a bullshit title implying there's actual content. It's inconceivable. A troll? Speach-to- text gaffe? 

If you want to play grammar Nazi you should learn how to write complete sentences and not use made up words like "contentless"
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been saying it for month, trade for Zac Ertz, a complete TE.

Ertz
Uzomah
Sample

One 3 down TE in Ertz, one pass catching TE with Uzomah to team with Ertz in 2 TE sets and Sample a run blocking TE to use with Ertz.

A TE is a young QB's best friend and a running game with Mixon and company helps Joe B.

So....  no Moss?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you want to play grammar Nazi you should learn how to write complete sentences and not use made up words like "contentless"

He had multiple gaffes in his grammar Nazi critique lol
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:30 PM)Yogo Wrote: So....  no Moss?

Thaddeus makes the team, Ertz is Luvnit's pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you want to play grammar Nazi you should learn how to write complete sentences and not use made up words like "contentless"

Agreed, but I can imagine that he's simply expressing his discontent with the lack of content in the OP..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Recognizing this to be excessively pedantic, I believe there should be a comma after "Nazi," "made up" should be hyphenated, and "contentless" is, in fact, recognized by both Merriam-Webster and Oxford Dictionaries as a legitimate word.
Reply/Quote