Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were folders stuffed with Trump's 'business plan' papers blank props?
(01-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Benton Wrote: to the secondly, that depends. A blind trust allows him to get around requirements of disclosing business interests, which is good when you're heavily in bed with foreign powers. If he doesn't go with a trust, he has to disclose where his money comes from. And he's avoided that so far.

Trump will continue to doge and parry.  

Anyone who question him in the press will be a "loser" "failing" and "fake".

Anyone who challenges him in government will come under "scrutiny" by GOP commissions.

Citizens that speak out will be "snowflakes" "sore losers" and "elitists out of touch with normal people".

And he'll either quit or get get caught or both at some point...if enough of the above can survive.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-14-2017, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am derailing a thread about papers in a folder perhjaps being blank by suggesting who cares?

Yes the plan is important; whether or not it was in the folder he pointed to was not. The title and motive of this thread are both petty and I have no problem pointing it out and enjoy watching those feign outrage.

It is not as important as the plan itself.

Just because YOU do not care that Trump is a showman that lies regularly does not mean I do not care.

Thanks.
(01-14-2017, 12:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is not as important as the plan itself.

Well then, why make a thread about it?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-14-2017, 12:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then, why make a thread about it?

Mellow

(01-13-2017, 06:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I forgot to really address the OP. Who cares? He had a table full of Trump goodies at his press conference. He is a salesman, he likes props. His will be the infomercial presidency. He is full of shit most of the time, but let's focus on the important stuff he is bull shitting us about. Whether or not the folders they were pointing to were real or just blank pages matters very little.

(01-13-2017, 09:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Something about the past 30 or so years has people on edge about trusting Trump. I know, judging a man by his actions is pretty radical thinking, but it seems to be what is happening.

(01-13-2017, 09:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Why would the president-elect waste time and money to set up a fake prop and then lie about it and act like they are real should be your question. 

OK Trump, say you signed some papers to turn your business over to your sons. No need to have fake paperwork and your lawyer from the Russian Law Firm of the Year blow smoke up our asses. 

(01-13-2017, 09:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Being a fraud and a con man?

His first press conference since election night and he is lying to the American people.
Just a little foreshadowing. And the reason more than half the voters in the country voted against him.

(01-13-2017, 09:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're basically asking why would people care if he is a liar. 

(01-13-2017, 09:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess I'm just wondering why he'd bother incorporating community theater-grade props into the situation.  Maybe every president pretended blank pieces of paper were documents pertinent to his oath of office and Trump just has the balls to admit it's all a farce (once he is caught, that is).

(01-13-2017, 09:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: According to the article, Trump indicated the paperwork in the stack of folders dealt with him turning over control of his business operations before assuming the presidency. If the papers are blank then they don't relate to transition of control of his businesses. So if he indicating the papers dealt with the transition, but they didn't, wouldn't that be a lie?

(01-13-2017, 11:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I care more about the fact that he went through the trouble of pretending he had an impressive amount of pertinent documents and then prevented them from being exposed as props.  True to Trump fashion, he didn't have ONE folder of documents, he had a veritable pile of important documents!

So, based on actions alone I suppose a better question would be why did Trump feel like he needed to pretend he had a whole stack of important documents?  You yourself have stated why the copious folders stuffed to the brim with "important and pertinent documents" were unnecessary, so why did he take them?

We can all draw our own conclusions, but I can certainly see why a guy who is known for fraud and selling the sizzle, not the steak could be frowned at for this.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go wrap a $20 bill around a bunch of monopoly money and pay off some debts.

SHORT VERSION:  I think it would be wise for someone who is criticized for being full of crap to NOT go out of his way to plop down a bunch of props and hope no one tries to verify that they are what he says they are.  As much as I really want to just forget about this stuff it seems like every day he does something new that is eye-rollingly in tune with his criticisms.

(01-13-2017, 11:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because he, through his attorney, said they were.

If they were not...why say it?

If they were not...why have them?

Show over substance.

Again and again and again.

(01-14-2017, 12:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This.  Trump put himself in a situation where his claims were easily verifiable, and go figure, it was a farce.  This one just seems particularly lazy on his part.

The guy's ethics regarding this situation are called into question by actual experts (dumbass doctoral-level experts) and his response is to put blank papers into an impressive pile and either hope no one looks, or just flat-out not give a damn if his latest charade is exposed.  My biggest concern with this is how amazingly lazy and half-assed the whole thing is.  Trump knows it doesn't matter what he does, and it shows.

(01-14-2017, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Without bringing Obama into this, you don't think it is somewhat concerning, or at least noteworthy that Trump just threw his detractors a hanging curve by doing this?  Just seems like it would be easier and more reasonable to not bring a bunch of blank paper to make a an impressive pile of nothing.  He gave us the ammo.  It's just amazingly lazy on his part.

Then again, maybe if Trump hadn't brought the prodigious pile of prop paper and said he was going through the process some liberal media dolt would have shouted "Yeah right!  If you're doing business stuff where is the big pile of documents to prove it!"

(01-14-2017, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was explained, multiple times and quite clearly, that what was actually in the folders is only important as (another) sign of the snake oil show Trump is.

I've also answered your question about the plan itself.

But you can continue to try and derail the thread because YOU don't care about either.

I know none of the responses will be read so you can continue get the vapors over it...but I had to try one more time.

Things can be important and not as important as each other.

What's most important is the plan that the ethics people say is not good enough.

What is also important that such a horse and pony show just reflects on the charlatan of a "man" that will be the POTUS in less that a week.
(01-14-2017, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt he must be transparent with his business matters while serving as POTUS to those that have oversight; it's just that the press may not be the one charged with oversight. Not sure what depends.
LOL
(01-14-2017, 12:56 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Oh, you thought I was serious when I said the media "may not be". I suppose I should use the sarcasm thingy more to avoid confusion. Of course the media is not the ones charged with oversight of Trump's business affairs.  

(01-14-2017, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump will continue to doge and parry.

[Image: 18x89k.jpg]
(01-13-2017, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What past action(s) would lead folks to care about whether folders pictured contained actual paperwork or not?

It highlights a method he used to manipulate people into believing he's not full of shit.
(01-14-2017, 11:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What's amusing is watching the Left's witch hunt.

First off,Nobody here or those reporting on it know what was in the folder. "Wrong paper size" (for real).

Secondly, regardless what the media think they are entitled to; they may not be entitled to review Trump's business plan. I am sure it will be presented to those that have a need to know.

Finally, remove the emotion, step back, and openly look at what folks are upset about in this instance: The files are in the Computer Zoolander.

What's amusing is watching the Right's ass kissing by defending someone they claim they aren't defending. If the files are in the computer then indicating they are in the folders (when they aren't) is a lie.  Like clockwork, here you are not defending Trump again because you won't even admit a lie is a lie. Some people would call you petty. 
(01-14-2017, 05:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the files are in the computer then indicating they are in the folders (when they aren't) is a lie.  

[Image: zoolander-files-in-computer-becauseyougoogledme.gif]

I'm convinced Trump could club a child's head in with a lead pipe on live TV and people would still defend him.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-14-2017, 07:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm convinced Trump could club a child's head in with a lead pipe on live TV and people would still defend him.

..and I'm convinced he could cure cancer and folks would be mad at the way he did it.

No doubt there are closed-minded folks on both sides of the fence.

(01-14-2017, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and I'm convinced he could cure cancer and folks would be mad at the way he did it.

This is such a bs claim.  I have two piles of papers that list all the closed-minded people grouped by their political affiliation.  The closed-minded Democrat pile is 3 folders with 100 sheets of names in each.  The closed-minded Republican pile is actually being backed in now in a dump truck and contains 1,463 folders with 100 sheets of names in each.

Both piles are full of blank paper, but you need to just trust that I have the data on a spreadsheet somewhere.  Clearly the piles just represent what I already know.  Presidents have fake book facades in the background of their videos.
(01-14-2017, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and I'm convinced he could cure cancer and folks would be mad at the way he did it.

I am a nationalist. I would love to like my president. I intend to give him a chance. From my point of view as someone who didnt vote for Trump this was a chance for him to score some points.

In his first press conference he lies to America about a fake stack of papers like we are all fools. And has some lawyer from the Russian law firm of the year blow some smoke about how having his sons running his multi national company will have no conflicts of interest. He goes on to attack the press. Then he boasts about his ability to run my country and his business at the same time and acts like he did me a favor not taking a big deal in Dubai. While claimng nobody cares about his tax returns.

Needless to say , im probably not the only one who considered giving him a chance but was greeted by the reality clown show.
(01-14-2017, 10:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am a nationalist. I would love to like my president. I intend to give him a chance. From my point of view as someone who didnt vote for Trump this was a chance for him to score some points.

In his first press conference he lies to America about a fake stack of papers like we are all fools. And has some lawyer from the Russian law firm of the year blow some smoke about how having his sons running his multi national company will have no conflicts of interest. He goes on to attack the press. Then he boasts about his ability to run my country and his business at the same time and acts like he did me a favor not taking a big deal in Dubai. While claimng nobody cares about his tax returns.

Needless to say , im probably not the only one who considered giving him a chance but was greeted by the reality clown show.

Color me skeptical, as to your and others approaching his Presidency with an open mind. 

http://www.snopes.com/trump-busted-using-empty-folders/

Quote:CLAIM:
Quote: Stacks of file folders presented as evidence that President-elect Donald Trump was turning his business holdings over to his children were empty and/or contained blank sheets of paper.
Quote:[Image: mostlyfalse.gif]UNPROVEN

In the end, however, all the chatter about "empty files" and "blank" or "fake" documents is mostly speculative. As we noted above, what gave rise to the suspicions in the first place was the fact that none of the reporters in the room was allowed to examine the file folders and documents. If no one examined them, we can't corroborate what was or was not in them.

It's certainly possible that the mounds of paperwork displayed during the press conference were blank and just for show, but there is not enough evidence to prove it.

(01-14-2017, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Color me skeptical, as to your and others approaching his Presidency with an open mind. 

http://www.snopes.com/trump-busted-using-empty-folders/

Just because snopes cant prove it doesnt mean i cant form my own opinion. And I dont believe a narcissistic business man would sign over his lifes work then jam all the documents into a bunch of unmarked folders and not want to show them off.  But I do believe the man who hasnt even been sworn in yet and already admitted some of his campaign rhetoric was just for show thinks showing a stack of papers to his minions would impress them.
Man who constantly lies, gets caught lying, and openly admits to being a liar doesn't let anyone look at his folders that are totally not full of blank paper = UNCONFIRMED!

Checkmate!

But seriously, Trump's supporters should really stop acting like public distaste for the guy magically appeared as soon as he became president. The guy has been a raging d-bag liar for decades. Trusting Trump is like letting a heroin addict watch your house while you are on vacation...you know, have an open mind!

More passive aggressive insults. Petty. 

LOL

nice comparison. Making fun of disabilities = curing cancer.
(01-15-2017, 01:29 AM)Benton Wrote: LOL

nice comparison. Making fun of disabilities = curing cancer.

Or 

calling others petty = not petty

calling others closed minded = open minded

repeal Obamacare = be careful about repealing Obamacare

the agreement is in the folders = the agreement is in the computer file

folder = file 

Just pointing out the pettiness