Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Coast road games.
We have 3 west coast road trips this year (Rams, Seahawks, Raiders).  When was the last time that happened?  Have we ever had more?

We only play the AFC West and NFC West the same season once every 12 years.  The last time that happened was 2011 but we only had 2 true "west coast" trips. The Rams were still in St. Louis, and one of our AFC West trips was just to Denver.

**EDIT** Forgot Rams game is in London.
Reply/Quote
Rams isn't a west coast game.
Reply/Quote
Hate travelling to the West coast. Guys seem sluggish and jet lagged and although I don't know our record out there, my memory says "it sucks!"

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For some reason I can't figure out we also played both the AFC West and the NFC West in 2015. But again we only had 2 true west coast games because one was to Pheonix and one to Denver.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Rams isn't a west coast game.

Rep

Forgot that was in London.
Reply/Quote
don't like the 4 oclock games but other than that it hasn't been the struggle with Dalton as it was before hand. (meaning during the Dalton era)
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hate travelling to the West coast. Guys seem sluggish and jet lagged and although I don't know our record out there, my memory says "it sucks!"

Here is an article on teams and travel in 2018.  Apparently only 2 teams travel fewer miles than we did last year.  Not sure how this one stacks up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-schedule-raiders-have-ugliest-travel-slate-panthers-flying-fewest-miles/amp/
Reply/Quote
here is a link if you wanna try and look up our records vs any team

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/opponents
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Rams isn't a west coast game.

It's just farther west. We're taking the long way over.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
These numbers seem low, but according the ProFootballRefernce.com we only played 12 games in the Pacific time zone during the Marvin Lewis era ('03-'18). We were 6-6.

SF.....1-1
Sea...1-1
SD....3-1
Oak...1-2
LAC...0-1

From '03 through '09 we were just 1-5. Then we won 5 in a row from '11 through '15 before losing to the Chargers last year.
Reply/Quote
Man, we suck against those effing 49'ers but we totally own the Lions and Eagles. Weird to see us at .500 with the Ravens 23-23.

I fuc.king hate our record against the Jets!! 9-17-0
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: These numbers seem low, but according the ProFootballRefernce.com we only played 12 games in the Pacific time zone during the Marvin Lewis era ('03-'18).  We were 6-6.

SF.....1-1
Sea...1-1
SD....3-1
Oak...1-2
LAC...0-1

From '03 through '09 we were just 1-5.  Then we won 5 in a row from '11 through '15 before losing to the Chargers last year.

Yeah, but we have us a new West Coast Coach now.....
Reply/Quote