Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman Returns
He has decided to not retire it appears. Let's hope he is now ready to win a job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 01:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has decided to not retire it appears. Let's hope he is now ready to win a job.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Thought he was going to retire yesterday, guess Taylor convinced him to come back?

Anyways always thought he played well pretty much so happy he is back.
Reply/Quote
still at this point don't see him grabbing a starting role. already having trouble figuring out how to play Miller,Price,Hopkins,MJ at the same time not even including JJ
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still at this point don't see him grabbing a starting role.  already having trouble figuring out how to play Miller,Price,Hopkins,MJ at the same time  not even including JJ

I am seeing Jordan at LG and Miller at RG at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am seeing Jordan at LG and Miller at RG at this point.

I have no idea. We have seen 2 games, 1 of them Westerman was not dressed so hard for me to say what the plan will be.

I would think ZT and the OL coach will have to see stellar effort and play from Westerman and I see a semi doghouse situation right now as he earns back the trust of his teammates and coaches.

I do think we will have a better idea tomorrow, not on who has won, but maybe who is no longer in the conversation to start.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I wish him all the luck in the world but I'd venture a guess that he's leaning pretty hard towards being a long shot to make the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 02:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wish him all the luck in the world but I'd venture a guess that he's leaning pretty hard towards being a long shot to make the roster.

He may be if ZT and Turner hold grudges, but if based on talent, I would venture to say he is one of 4 best guards on the team right now.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 02:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He may be if ZT and Turner hold grudges, but if based on talent, I would venture to say he is one of 4 best guards on the team right now.

Westerman may not start at LG but I don't see how he doesn't make the roster...at least until Redmond comes back.

OT - Glenn, Hart, Smith
OG - Jerry, Miller, Jordan
C - Price, Hopkins

That's only 8 OL, and with all the injury concerns I don't see why they would roll with just 8.

The tricky part will be cutdown day because don't they have to keep Jonah and Redmond on the roster until they can officially place them on PUP/IR and SUSP?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no idea. We have seen 2 games, 1 of them Westerman was not dressed so hard for me to say what the plan will be.

I would think ZT and the OL coach will have to see stellar effort and play from Westerman and I see a semi doghouse situation right now as he earns back the trust of his teammates and coaches.

I do think we will have a better idea tomorrow, not on who has won, but maybe who is no longer in the conversation to start.

Sounds like Taylor talked Westerman into coming back so I don't expect a doghouse situation.

(08-21-2019, 02:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He may be if ZT and Turner hold grudges, but if based on talent, I would venture to say he is one of 4 best guards on the team right now.

Doubt any grudge again but agree Westerman probably is one if not the best LG right now.

(08-21-2019, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Westerman may not start at LG but I don't see how he doesn't make the roster...at least until Redmond comes back.

OT - Glenn, Hart, Smith
OG - Jerry, Miller, Jordan
C - Price, Hopkins

That's only 8 OL, and with all the injury concerns I don't see why they would roll with just 8.

The tricky part will be cutdown day because don't they have to keep Jonah and Redmond on the roster until they can officially place them on PUP/IR and SUSP?

Dugas should be in this conversation as he has been playing well and Turner really likes him, but he is more of an OT.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like Taylor talked Westerman into coming back so I don't expect a doghouse situation.

Doubt any grudge again but agree Westerman probably is one if not the best LG right now.

Dugas should be in this conversation as he has been playing well and Turner really likes him, but he is more of an OT.

If Dugas makes this roster over Westerman, I will riot. (And by riot I mean I will be unhappy)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like Taylor talked Westerman into coming back so I don't expect a doghouse situation.

Probably correct on all. I agree and interested to see how Dugas does tomorrow night.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Dugas makes this roster over Westerman, I will riot. (And by riot I mean I will be unhappy)

Doubt that happens, if Westerman doesn't make the team something is very wrong.

Think Dugas is a PS guy in case one of the OT's go down.

(08-21-2019, 03:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Probably correct on all. I agree and interested to see how Dugas does tomorrow night.

Been playing very well, not as versatile as some of our other players but playing good at OT and he can play Guard.

Just not Center, Dugas told Hobspin to not even throw that out there lol
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Dugas makes this roster over Westerman, I will riot. (And by riot I mean I will be unhappy)

well we have a lot of OG's and not a lot of OT's which will make Dugas more valuable than an OG than didn't even want to play anymore.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doubt that happens, if Westerman doesn't make the team something is very wrong.

Think Dugas is a PS guy in case one of the OT's go down.

Been playing very well, not as versatile as some of our other players but playing good at OT and he can play Guard.

Just not Center, Dugas told Hobspin to not even throw that out there lol

Dugas was actually brought in as an OG but he's been playing OT due to the lack of depth.
If the Bengals don't actually pick up some cap casualty OL after cut day, I see Smith as the first OT off the bench and John Jerry as the emergency OT. Both Andre and Jerry have really low cap hits too, which helps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we have a lot of OG's and not a lot of OT's which will make Dugas more valuable than an OG than didn't even want to play anymore.

We don't know the reason that Westerman even considered retirement, and it was only for about a week. You're being way too harsh on the guy. He's still more talented than Dugas.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dugas was actually brought in as an OG but he's been playing OT due to the lack of depth.
If the Bengals don't actually pick up some cap casualty OL after cut day, I see Smith as the first OT off the bench and John Jerry as the emergency OT. Both Andre and Jerry have really low cap hits too, which helps.

Didn't know that, thanks, just knew Dugas was playing OT a lot.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know that, thanks, just knew Dugas was playing OT a lot.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/19/20811912/bengals-news-8-19-all-hands-on-deck-for-the-third-preseason-game
Quote:Left tackle Cordy Glenn wasn’t on the field, but it’s believed to be a nick and nothing major. If he doesn’t go Thursday, that’s an immediate scenario of who-is-the-next-left-tackle. It would probably be veteran Andre Smith, but in a pre-season game they may take a long look at O’Shea Dugas, a rookie free agent from Louisiana Tech signed as a guard but pressed into service as a tackle and has held up pretty well with the backups.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well, this has been absolutely confusing.

What makes it worse? We won't know what happened either.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Dugas played mostly OG in college, but OT in high school (state wrestling champ too) and was recruited as an OT. He had the longest measured arms and wingspan of any draft eligible lineman this year. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well he’s played LT and I’m sure he’ll end up being a good OG/OT swing backup someday.

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=586
Reply/Quote