Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman Returns
(08-21-2019, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We don't know the reason that Westerman even considered retirement, and it was only for about a week. You're being way too harsh on the guy. He's still more talented than Dugas.

Maybe but Dugas can play OT....

Hopefully westerman can get it together but it looks like he has a lot of ground to make up if he wants to be a start and even for a backup role hes in for a fight.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe but Dugas can play OT....

Hopefully westerman can get it together but it looks like he has a lot of ground to make up if he wants to be a start and even for a backup role hes in for a fight.

Guess we'll see!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:29 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Well, this has been absolutely confusing.

What makes it worse? We won't know what happened either.

It's like we are a generic form of Raiders drama.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/19/20811912/bengals-news-8-19-all-hands-on-deck-for-the-third-preseason-game

Thanks again Ocho. ThumbsUp 

(08-21-2019, 03:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Dugas played mostly OG in college, but OT in high school (state wrestling champ too) and was recruited as an OT. He had the longest measured arms and wingspan of any draft eligible lineman this year. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well he’s played LT and I’m sure he’ll end up being a good OG/OT swing backup someday.

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=586

Great stuff Yo. Rooting for the guy, hope he can run block. This is what the LT has been lacking lately.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 04:04 PM)Destro Wrote: It's like we are a generic form of Raiders drama.

Gosh, if we just had an extremely insane older WR everyone hates...  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Very glad he’s back.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Not quite the same news as Brett Favre unretiring but it's something.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Westerman problem was handled, now he's back, lets see how it goes.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not quite the same news as Brett Favre unretiring but it's something.

Not at all. But I think he is highest rank OL on the roster. Of course, not a great feat since our OL in 2018 was horrid. Let's hope he helps the group and others step up as well.

We all know the OL is our #1 weakness on paper.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I hope Westerman Returns isn’t as bad as Superman Returns.
Reply/Quote
You mean it's not already a foregone conclusion that Westerman will scoop up a fumble in every game this season for 16 TDs? The smart money is betting on it.. You know..that money that has independent thought of its own?  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought he was going to retire yesterday, guess Taylor convinced him to come back?

Anyways always thought he played well pretty much so happy he is back.

Going to be tough for him since most of his evaluation has been against 2nd teamers, and now he won't be ready to run with the 1s....the 4th preseason game won't have any 1s.  I think he is done.  Sad.  It appears the Bengals have fallen in love with Michael Jordan.  He might just get the nod at LG.  
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Going to be tough for him since most of his evaluation has been against 2nd teamers, and now he won't be ready to run with the 1s....the 4th preseason game won't have any 1s.  I think he is done.  Sad.  It appears the Bengals have fallen in love with Michael Jordan.  He might just get the nod at LG.  

Definitely set himself back but if Taylor did convince Westerman to come back he will get a shot cause Turner and Zac see what we have all saw in him. He is a strong LG that can pull and blow defenders off the ball, Westerman is a good player, but like you said Jordan seems to be in the drivers seat at LG if he continues to impress and Jordan DOES have chemistry with Price already.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Going to be tough for him since most of his evaluation has been against 2nd teamers, and now he won't be ready to run with the 1s....the 4th preseason game won't have any 1s.  I think he is done.  Sad.  It appears the Bengals have fallen in love with Michael Jordan.  He might just get the nod at LG.  

I like that Jordan is really young and on a rookie deal. I think of the 3, he's the one I'd like to see starting and developing.

This likely isn't going to be our year...so we should play young guys and build.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely set himself back but if Taylor did convince Westerman to come back he will get a shot cause Turner and Zac see what we have all saw in him. He is a strong LG that can pull and blow defenders off the ball, Westerman is a good player, but like you said Jordan seems to be in the drivers seat at LG if he continues to impress and Jordan DOES have chemistry with Price already.

Well...IF the 3rd O-Line coach doesn't start Westerman...something has to be up.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...IF the 3rd O-Line coach doesn't start Westerman...something has to be up.

Yeah, I have been wondering for awhile why the guy continues to play well in games and the coaches refuse to start him...

Then the retirement thoughts...

Still makes a guy wonder. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I have been wondering for awhile why the guy continues to play well in games and the coaches refuse to start him...

Then the retirement thoughts...

Still makes a guy wonder. Mellow

every time they talk about him its the same really good N-S  but bad E-W
Reply/Quote

He's young (MJ), and admittedly i only focused on him for a couple series last night (rewatch 'skins) but he didn't really look like starting material yet, just from that very small sample size. He seemed to get pushed back a bit too easy for a man of his size and his movement looked a bit clunky. 

Very small sample size watched and i could be way off base. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I hope Westerman Returns isn’t as bad as Superman Returns.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 02:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: every time they talk about him its the same really good N-S  but bad E-W

Yes that is what i have heard but i have seen Westerman make some nice pull blocks moving East to West.

Perplexed by the Westerman situation to say the least.
Reply/Quote