Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westerman is considering retirement
(08-26-2019, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Sunset, the reason for the pushback is because there is claim of truth without any evidence to support those claims. When some of us get into debates, we often like to provide our own sources of information (right or wrong) and will push the opposition to do the same.

If the wording was "I believe" or "I feel" it probably wouldn't be met with as much criticism because it would be evident it was an opinion rather than fact.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, as it would apply to most debatable situations on here.  This situation is a bit different, in the way that there really is very little information to cite from, leaving much to the imagination.  That is why so many could only offer their guesses, "takes" and interpretations of what the reasoning could have been.  Several members used their imaginations and stated what they imagined the reasoning could have been, but only one was met with major push back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I read your post (170). You said...

There is NOTHING in that that confirms Zac Taylor begged him back. Begging is when someone says something along the lines of, "Please come back! We need you!" There has been nothing confirmed by Zac Taylor or anyone else of what was said, just that Zac Taylor had a conversation with Westerman.

Could you provide any proof that Taylor "begged" or even asked Westerman to come back?
The only evidence I've seen regarding Taylor speaking to Westerman at all was this...

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1163540203413352453?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1163540203413352453&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2019%2F8%2F19%2F20812993%2Fzac-taylor-christian-westerman-bengals-news

So this is what it's about? I wasn't attacking Zac, I'm all in on ZT. Who cares what he really said. To Westerman it was enough to get him out of retirement (try not to roll your eyes), and to me enough to sound like he made him feel wanted.

Whatever the case is it didn't help his starting chances. So it was a stunt in my book. When you play your card, you better play your card. That was an odd card to play (for whatever reasons), and anything important enough to play that card wouldn't be resolved in a week. He could have just got an excused absence and handled any business like that.

I live in a different world then the NFL, but I cant imagine someone retiring for a week, then coming back to work after the boss calls. To me, I classify that as some behind the scene fit thrown. That backfired. Since he's likely to be cut.

Not to name drop anyone, but the point is appreciated, and key to this whole little dustup. I've never said any of this was fact, and I kept saying yalls opinion was no better than mine. I'll provide facts for my opinions when everyone else does, for every single thought and opinion of their own. Until then I'll just say what's on my mind and accept others for there in the moment thoughts and feelings. If you looking for links, stats, blogs, pff and breakdowns of all that, you looking at the wrong poster. But I appreciate those posters too. We all bring our own little something to the board, and it's cool we disagree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote