Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westerman is considering retirement
(08-15-2019, 07:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't recall him in many games.  Did he get concussions or something?  This is strange for such a young man that was in the mix for a starting NFL position.  

CTE doesn’t come from concussions per se, it comes from repeated impacts over time, so just blocking and tackling a lot can cause it. That happens in games and practice.

On a side note and another possible reason, we know Turner can create a pretty toxic environment, maybe Perkins and Westerman just don’t want to play for an asshole?
Reply/Quote
maybe it's the new bully coach and Boling, Perkins, and Westerman have the lowest self esteem
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah maybe turner hurt their whittle feelwings because he evaluated on more than how you handle a ketchup bottle.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 08:05 PM)bonesaw Wrote: maybe it's the new bully coach and Boling, Perkins, and Westerman have the lowest self esteem

That's a good zinger, for sure.  However, I think that Boling's retirement was legit.  Clint played his time, earned his pay, and still has plenty of life to live with his family.  Perkins?  I can't really remember any memorable game action from him.  Westerman?  You might be onto something.  He's been that "flash" guy for a couple years, but never quite did enough to win the job.  Perhaps this coach decided to push him a bit, make him "put up or shut up", so to speak?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Is the Oline coach a dick? What's going on here.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 08:14 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Is the Oline coach a dick? What's going on here.

Some are referring to this but I do not think this is warranted regarding the Bengals; at least I hope not:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2016/7/30/12332738/former-dolphins-coach-jim-turner-suspended-by-texas-a-m-for-inappropriate-jokes
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Or maybe there is something seriously wrong with our o line coach...

There definitely is, hes expecting his players to block...now that's some crazy talk there!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Or maybe there is something seriously wrong with our o line coach...

Turner to all the OL...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wow man. The bottom of our OL depth was pure chicken shit. I can understand it taking longer than 1 year to fix that train wreck. I think we are off to a good start though. Losing a lot of dead weight apparently.
Reply/Quote
Like his retirement is going to set the one back! The line ie putrid with him on the squad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I must say, I had high hopes for Westerman.  Maybe his heart was not into the game at this level.  Such a disappointment.   

Could be ?

I always thought that was Ogbuehi's biggest problem.
Reply/Quote
Could be the epiphany that he's just not good enough to cut it at the NFL level. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to try a few years then just call it quits. Heck, I wanted to play in MLB, but I knew I would never be good enough. My fastball couldn't ruffle a shower curtain..  LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Isn't he one of the guys we got on Marvin for not playing?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 07:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Isn't he one of the guys we got on Marvin for not playing?

Yes.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is shocking really:

Hoo 

Leeeee

Shhhhhiiiiiiiiittttt

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable.  I really thought coming in to this year as our highest rated olineman last year, that he would take the job and run with it.  I feel bad if the guy is going through something really tough, but...just.....wow.

Kudos to the coaching staff for apparently sniffing this one out and having Jerry and others to fill the gap.  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 08:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah maybe turner hurt their whittle feelwings because he evaluated on more than how you handle a ketchup bottle.

Zing!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hoo 

Leeeee

Shhhhhiiiiiiiiittttt

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable.  I really thought coming in to this year as our highest rated olineman last year, that he would take the job and run with it.  I feel bad if the guy is going through something really tough, but...just.....wow.

Kudos to the coaching staff for apparently sniffing this one out and having Jerry and others to fill the gap.  

So uhhh we still blaming all the previous OL coaches for Westerman not getting reps?  lol dude just didn't have it.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow man. The bottom of our OL depth was pure chicken shit. I can understand it taking longer than 1 year to fix that train wreck. I think we are off to a good start though. Losing a lot of dead weight apparently.

Turner has that special ability to destroy Soft on the OL 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: CTE doesn’t come from concussions per se, it comes from repeated impacts over time, so just blocking and tackling a lot can cause it. That happens in games and practice.

On a side note and another possible reason, we know Turner can create a pretty toxic environment, maybe Perkins and Westerman just don’t want to play for an asshole?

Very well said.

Aside from the CTE, many people leave their jobs because of management. Not all professionals respond well to being directed by a drill sergeant.

Perhaps he was ok with football in college because his life wasn't 100% consumed by football, unlike the NFL. Doing something professionally can make your passion feel like a chore. By getting out early without being on the field much, he might see this as an opportunity to keep his health and turn towards a different career.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Considering eh? Why not wait until the end of the season to consider it or the last couple of months to do so.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote