Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westerman is considering retirement
(08-16-2019, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Very well said.

Aside from the CTE, many people leave their jobs because of management. Not all professionals respond well to being directed by a drill sergeant.

Perhaps he was ok with football in college because his life wasn't 100% consumed by football, unlike the NFL. Doing something professionally can make your passion feel like a chore. By getting out early without being on the field much, he might see this as an opportunity to keep his health and turn towards a different career.

if it was just a problem with turner he would just ask to be cut so he could find a new team....

Its year 4? he hasn't cracked the starting line up and is moving Down on the Depth Chart it seems....

He decided he cant do it. like perkins
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: End of the day he's 26, has made $1.85m, and once he turns 35 he will be able to collect a pension of over $21k/yr to supplement that $1.85m.

Not a bad start to enjoying the rest of your life.

No way in hell thats enough to live off of the rest of your life. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if it was just a problem with turner he would just ask to be cut so he could find a new team....

Its year 4? he hasn't cracked the starting line up and is moving Down on the Depth Chart it seems....

How do you know he didn't ask and they told him no?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 10:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No way in hell thats enough to live off of the rest of your life. 

You couldn't live off of $2.7m ($1.85m + ~$850k for a pension between age 35-75) between age 26 to age 75? That's like saying there's no way $54,000/yr for life is enough to live off of.

That's not touching if he has invested anything and assuming he gets 0% interest on his money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe Westerman is giving up because he reads this message board and was convinced the only reason he wasn't starting was because Marvin Lewis hated playing younger players and he figured his problem would be solved as soon as Marvin was gone.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if it was just a problem with turner he would just ask to be cut so he could find a new team....

Plus Turner knows he’s on his last chance as a coach in the NFL and is probably on his best behavior.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:37 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Plus Turner knows he’s on his last chance as a coach in the NFL and is probably on his best behavior.

Yep I seriously doubt Turner is in there throwing chairs, putting his fist through the wall and kicking guys in the behind.
Reply/Quote
There can be any number of reasons a player retires
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep I seriously doubt Turner is in there throwing chairs, putting his fist through the wall and kicking guys in the behind.

I think another major difference between the 2019 Bengals and the bully gate-era Dolphins is that Richie Incognito, a man who is legitimately criminally violent and insane, isn't there to cause havoc.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You couldn't live off of $2.7m ($1.85m + ~$850k for a pension between age 35-75) between age 26 to age 75? That's like saying there's no way $54,000/yr for life is enough to live off of.

That's not touching if he has invested anything and assuming he gets 0% interest on his money.

Depends where he wants to live, what lifestyle he wants to have, and the size of his family.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think another major difference between the 2019 Bengals and the bully gate-era Dolphins is that Richie Incognito, a man who is legitimately criminally violent and insane, isn't there to cause havoc.

Not to mention the man who was supposedly bullied is also insane. Johnathon Martin is facing criminal charges for threatening to shoot up his alma mater and former dolphins teammates on social media.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 10:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No way in hell thats enough to live off of the rest of your life. 

He'll get a job, start a business. It's not like he's going to do nothing for the rest of his life.

Reply/Quote
Looks like they are going to weed themselves out. Looks like Michael Jordan is separating himself from the bunch anyway. I even think Hopkins may be pushing Price for the starting Center job which is fine with me. Having either Hopkins or Price as the first man off the bench at any of the three interior line positions is hard to beat.

I believe the starting line will look like:

LT - Glenn
LG - Michael Jordan
C - Price/Hopkins (coin flip right now. Could be price as Hopkins had OT experience as well)
RG - John Miller
RT - Bobby Hart

OT - Depth: LT- Andre Smith, RT- John Jerry
OG - Depth: Hopkins(or Price), John Jerry, Alex Redmond
C - Depth: Hopkins(or Price), Emergency - Michael Jordan

I also believe they are going to be watching cuts extremely closely and will not hesitate to make a claim if a good situation presents itself.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think another major difference between the 2019 Bengals and the bully gate-era Dolphins is that Richie Incognito, a man who is legitimately criminally violent and insane, isn't there to cause havoc.

Yep. He's in Oakland with AB and Vontaze.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Not to mention the man who was supposedly bullied is also insane. Johnathon Martin is facing criminal charges for threatening to shoot up his alma mater and former dolphins teammates on social media.

Right, and my issue with Turner isn't that he's a jerk, but that he was the coach of a position group that let the bottom of the barrel players become the biggest story of the entire team.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. He's in Oakland with AB and Vontaze.

Incognito probably won't make the cut, so you never know where he will land.  I think he's too genuinely insane to be picked up by any roster by this point, though.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. He's in Oakland with AB and Vontaze.

If that ain't a recipe for a toxic locker room, I don't know what is..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You couldn't live off of $2.7m ($1.85m + ~$850k for a pension between age 35-75) between age 26 to age 75? That's like saying there's no way $54,000/yr for life is enough to live off of.

I would really struggle to live the way I would want off of that. Especially with a family. Thats not even taking inflation into account. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would really struggle to live the way I would want off of that. Especially with a family. Thats not even taking inflation into account. 

Well one could live off of it...…  if one doesn't blow it needlessly...

But you use that as your base as to what you can afford and get a job to pay for luxury things   and it should last you...   and if done well there be some left over.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:19 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Looks like they are going to weed themselves out. Looks like Michael Jordan is separating himself from the bunch anyway. I even think Hopkins may be pushing Price for the starting Center job which is fine with me. Having either Hopkins or Price as the first man off the bench at any of the three interior line positions is hard to beat.

I believe the starting line will look like:

LT - Glenn
LG - Michael Jordan
C - Price/Hopkins (coin flip right now. Could be price as Hopkins had OT experience as well)
RG - John Miller
RT - Bobby Hart

OT - Depth: LT- Andre Smith, RT- John Jerry
OG - Depth: Hopkins(or Price), John Jerry, Alex Redmond
C - Depth: Hopkins(or Price), Emergency - Michael Jordan

I also believe they are going to be watching cuts extremely closely and will not hesitate to make a claim if a good situation presents itself.

I want to see this start up next ps game

Glenn
MJ
Price or Hopkins...
John Jerry
Hart

JJ put a lot of time at RG yesterday it seemed.
Reply/Quote