Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman trade?
Everybody here is spot on. Who is the guy at bleacher report who reported (allegedly) this? Bills fan? Fake news designated pot stirrer?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't trade him.  I think he really was set back by his illness.  The guy still has potential and provides quality depth.

Agreed.

Also, we need to ponder the following ... 

Glenn was limited in practice Wednesday. Let's say that he gets hurt against the Dolts. Who comes in to replace him? Ced "The Turnstile" Oogieboogie. And Oogiboogie, as is his MO, fails as usual. Then what are our options?

IMHO, in the scenario mentioned above, Pollack shifts Boling to LT and inserts Westerman at LG, just like they did in the last two games of 2017.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 08:51 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Agreed.

Also, we need to ponder the following ... 

Glenn was limited in practice Wednesday. Let's say that he gets hurt against the Dolts. Who comes in to replace him? Ced "The Turnstile" Oogieboogie. And Oogiboogie, as is his MO, fails as usual. Then what are our options?

IMHO, in the scenario mentioned above, Pollack shifts Boling to LT and inserts Westerman at LG, just like they did in the last two games of 2017.

Exactly.  No way to we ruin Dalton's great (admittedly in the preseason but he was the #1 rated QB in the NFL in preseason, and still had a lot of drops) start with Ced O out there.  He is strictly the extra TE in goal line and backup RT.  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  No way to we ruin Dalton's great (admittedly in the preseason but he was the #1 rated QB in the NFL in preseason, and still had a lot of drops) start with Ced O out there.  He is strictly the extra TE in goal line and backup RT.  

We all saw what happened when Glenn came out during the Bills games. Ced gets shoved back into Andy on the very next play, then get called for holding... Andy get pulled from the game... If I ever had a civilian job, I would have hoped it would have been like Ced's.. Don't have to be good or show up ready to do your job and still get paid.
Reply/Quote
Can't see us making this trade, it would leave us even shorter on the O-line that is still finding its feet
Reply/Quote
Years ago, I would pay attention to Bleacher Report. Now, anytime I see an article is by them, I skip it. Their articles are nothing but click bait.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks really saying "no" to a Westerman for Shaq Lawson trade?

Say yes in about 1 second, cut MJ, promote Lundblake

Well, technically, we already DID cut MJ.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 12:41 AM)Brimey Wrote: Lawson has been a bust. 

Well it's a given he hasn't the illustrate NFL career that Westerman has had, but he is a young DE with lots of upside. He's just been hit by the injury bug.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: MJ had more sacks than Shaq last year.

And Jonathan Joseph had more INTs than WJIII.

Which one you want?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote