Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westworld
Anyone start watching it? Interesting concept though i can't say i'm sold yet. I did have to watch the pilot 3 times to figure it out.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 10:47 PM)basballguy Wrote: Anyone start watching it? Interesting concept though i can't say i'm sold yet. I did have to watch the pilot 3 times to figure it out.

I'm taking the bait so far. Episode 3 will go places and hook me. That's my prediction.
Reply/Quote
I have enjoyed it as well. Mrs. Llama's taste tends to run toward The Walking Dead and shows where people typically are dismembered and ooze things, so I was surprised when she expressed interest in Westworld. We've watched both eps and have enjoyed them. I loved the movie as a kid, it was perfect early '70s Sci-Fi, so i was concerned they'd sully the reputation of the movie with some lame knock-off, but that's definitely not the case.

Evan Rachael Wood is amazing in her role, as is the black actor (who's name escapes me) playing the programmer. Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins are turning in their consistently good work. Really intrigued to see where it's going to go.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm hooked already. Great acting and writing. Another popular cable show is very lacking in the latter...

Really interested to see what Ed Harris' character is up to.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:04 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm hooked already. Great acting and writing. Another popular cable show is very lacking in the latter...

Really interested to see what Ed Harris' character is up to.

Interesting how they flipped the Gunslinger character from being an android in the movie to being a guest in the tv show.  Yul Brynner was great in that role, but Ed Harris is no slouch, and pretty menacing in his own right.  Haven't watched ep 3 yet, trying to synch up viewing schedules with the wife.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 08:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Interesting how they flipped the Gunslinger character from being an android in the movie to being a guest in the tv show.  Yul Brynner was great in that role, but Ed Harris is no slouch, and pretty menacing in his own right.  Haven't watched ep 3 yet, trying to synch up viewing schedules with the wife.  

Didn't even know there was a movie.  I've watched the 1st two episodes, and I'm interested enough.  I love the west, and just imagining a place like this is pretty damn cool. I'm trying to figure out if I would be a serial rapist or not.

I like how Ed Harris truly seems to think he is a bad ass because he can kill things that can't shoot back. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't even know there was a movie.  I've watched the 1st two episodes, and I'm interested enough.  I love the west, and just imagining a place like this is pretty damn cool.  I'm trying to figure out if I would be a serial rapist or not.  

I like how Ed Harris truly seems to think he is a bad ass because he can kill things that can't shoot back. 

Grew up watching the movie.  It's from '73, written/directed by Michael Crichton (Mr. Jurassic Park himself).  Low-budget affair, but a great popcorn movie of its time.  Obviously the technology is very dated, but definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it.
Reply/Quote
This show is not getting enough praise right now. I think as GoT wraps up this could be the next great HBO series.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: This show is not getting enough praise right now. I think as GoT wraps up this could be the next great HBO series.

Definitely agree. I'd say it's the best cable show on TV right now. Keeps me glued to the TV for the entire hour. 

Spoiler alert: 

Totally called the black guy being a host  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Is Evan Rachel Wood super hot or super meh? Can't tell.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 12:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is Evan Rachel Wood super hot or super meh? Can't tell.

Somewhere in between?
Reply/Quote
No debate for me.

[Image: 000d6065c51b0ae7627b34.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:24 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Definitely agree. I'd say it's the best cable show on TV right now. Keeps me glued to the TV for the entire hour. 

Spoiler alert: 

Totally called the black guy being a host  :andy:

Son of a *****, I hadn't watched this week's ep yet  Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 08:45 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Son of a *****, I hadn't watched this week's ep yet  Bang Head

Dude. Dude.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Dude. Dude.

We hadn't discussed much from a plot standpoint, so I thought it was safe.  Regardless, I should have known better and lesson learned.  

This show just keeps getting better, I'll say that.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ujqi1T1gE-FEIOLmthLGBrbrzSrTAd8wPoSQ6RAe...43eb9f1600]
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Awesome show.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
The show is absolutely awesome, but I am a sucker for anything Nolan. Remember, Jonathan helped write The Prestige, Memento, and Interstellar. Those brothers know how to write a script that surprises me, while also making me feel smart lol.

I like how season 1 was wrapped. It tells a mostly complete story, while setting the stage for season 2.

The music stands out as one of my favorite parts of the show. The player piano plays more modern music in an old timey style and I love it. The Paint it Black song in the first episode was amazing along with Black Hole Sun, Fake Plastic Trees, No Surprises, Motion Picture Soundtrack, House of the Rising Sun, and, the clincher, Exit Music (For a Film). Whoever was in charge must have loved Radiohead.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 04:06 AM)MrRager Wrote: The show is absolutely awesome, but I am a sucker for anything Nolan. Remember, Jonathan helped write The Prestige, Memento, and Interstellar. Those brothers know how to write a script that surprises me, while also making me feel smart lol.

I like how season 1 was wrapped. It tells a mostly complete story, while setting the stage for season 2.

The music stands out as one of my favorite parts of the show. The player piano plays more modern music in an old timey style and I love it. The Paint it Black song in the first episode was amazing along with Black Hole Sun, Fake Plastic Trees, No Surprises, Motion Picture Soundtrack, House of the Rising Sun, and, the clincher, Exit Music (For a Film). Whoever was in charge must have loved Radiohead.

Freaking awesome show! Finale wrapped up the season well while setting up the next season. Blows that other cable show on at the same time out of the water.

Side note: One of the writers on Westworld  (I forget exactly which one) is helping write The Last of Us II. I'm insanely excited.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 12:03 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Freaking awesome show! Finale wrapped up the season well while setting up the next season. Blows that other cable show on at the same time out of the water.

Side note: One of the writers on Westworld  (I forget exactly which one) is helping write The Last of Us II. I'm insanely excited.

Oh that's awesome. The first game was incredible and I was a little worried about Joel and Ellie being the main focus in the second one since the first ended perfectly. This gives me more hope!
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote