Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westworld
Westworld is my favorite new show since GoT, which happens to be my favorite. Season 2 has been solid so far, though a bit confusing at times. However that is what makes it really good though, as it will all make sense by the end of the season.

Stranger Things, The Crown, & Billions are my runner ups to those two for shows that have yet ended.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had spoilers but deleted them. I know it's hard not to read them if you haven't seen the finale. I'll wait until y'all see the ending
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 12:36 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I had spoilers but deleted them. I know it's hard not to read them if you haven't seen the finale. I'll wait until y'all see the ending

I watched the finale too, but also wont give spoilers.

Dont know how I feel about this season yet. It may be better with how season 3 plays out, in terms of putting this season in the overall context of the show. But as of now I didnt enjoy it nearly as much as season 1. I still feel that season 1 was a 10/10 season for a start to a new show. This season was more like an 8/10 for me, maybe even 7/10 until I rewatch it eventually.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 02:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I watched the finale too, but also wont give spoilers.

Dont know how I feel about this season yet. It may be better with how season 3 plays out, in terms of putting this season in the overall context of the show. But as of now I didnt enjoy it nearly as much as season 1. I still feel that season 1 was a 10/10 season for a start to a new show. This season was more like an 8/10 for me, maybe even 7/10 until I rewatch it eventually.

Yeah, this season had a lot and I mean a lot of timeline issues in my opinion. It became hard to follow at times but over all, I thought it was good.

Remember the show "Heroes" on NBC with the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" thing going on during the first season? Once season two came about, you needed to take notes during every episode just to be able to follow that show, they made it so complicated. Westworld seemed to be on that path of complication but they were able to keep context and you could follow it, most of the time.

The next season should be better or it will fade away like Heroes did.
Reply/Quote
My thoughts:

I love twists and turns and the like, but they need to be deliberate and constructive.

Some of the twists this season have come off as doing twists just for the sake of doing twists. As alluded to above, maybe in the grand scheme of things this will make sense, but season 3 has some 'splainin to do.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think they overdid it on the timelines going back and forth. Should have been more straightforward at times. Season one was pretty straightforward between the two timelines being told coming together in the finale. This season though, I am still clueless on the order of the events of stuff lol.

Also a while back when they came upon the lake with all the bodies in it. I dont know, I need to rewatch this season because I still dont know when that all happened, unless I missed it in an episode. Or was part of last nights episode take place before that? Im so confused.

I also liked the post-credits scene, though now I am more confused and thinking than ever on what is happening lol.

Reply/Quote
I just watched season 2 episode 1. I’m a pretty simple guy and I sort of hoped this would be an R rated Fantasy Island with maybe a little AI intrigue. This kind of bores me.

Waiting for Floki to pull out his battle axe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 02:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My thoughts:

I love twists and turns and the like, but they need to be deliberate and constructive.

Some of the twists this season have come off as doing twists just for the sake of doing twists. As alluded to above, maybe in the grand scheme of things this will make sense, but season 3 has some 'splainin to do.

Not commenting on Westworld directly (as I've never seen a second of the show and don't care to) but THIS, so THIS!!!!

Twists just for the sake of twists is poor writing/characterisation and it SCREAMS of the writers not knowing how to clearly and concisely focus the plot.

Many people love it though and see it as a good thing, but people love shit anyways, so....
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote