Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s Life Like In The KY State Reformatory?
(06-20-2021, 11:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've been in a few jails, too many to remember....no prisons, but have known lots of people who have been in prison over the years. Keep to yourself, don't ask a lot of stupid questions and if you have to take an ass beating don't ever beg anyone to stop. Just cover up and hope they don't kill you and don't snitch on anyone over petty shit.. That's a sure way to get yourself murdered. 

Don't ever borrow money from anyone for any reason and never go in debt to anyone for anything. Do without if you can't afford it. Rape does happen in prisons a lot and it's often over someone owing money. Anyone who tells you any different is lying or has never been in prison or jail for that matter. I've seen it happen in the Dayton jail more than a few times.  

Guards are NOT your friends and are not there to protect your sorry ass. They're there to keep your ass locked in there..end of story. They might take you to the hospital, but they're probably not going to keep someone from beating your ass.. You learn the rules or pay the price.
Prison is definitely not a place you especially don't want to find yourself at Brad. I have a feeling it ain't for you and not just because it's a really lousy place to be in the first place. It's definitely not a naive friendly place to be. 

THANK YOU!

That's the kind of information I was looking for.

This definitely wasn't about me.  I have no reason to be worried about going to prison, but I know someone that's in one.  An arrogant hothead that mouths off to everyone.  He doesn't know when to shut-up and doesn't do well being confined or forced to follow rules.  I had heard he was having troubles in the prison around here and was doing everything he could to make them think he was crazy in order to stay out of general population but they just laughed at him.

It sounds like that prison could be an entirely different animal and he's probably not doing too well.
(06-21-2021, 11:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: THANK YOU!

That's the kind of information I was looking for.

This definitely wasn't about me.  I have no reason to be worried about going to prison, but I know someone that's in one.  An arrogant hothead that mouths off to everyone.  He doesn't know when to shut-up and doesn't do well being confined or forced to follow rules.  I had heard he was having troubles in the prison around here and was doing everything he could to make them think he was crazy in order to stay out of general population but they just laughed at him.

It sounds like that prison could be an entirely different animal and he's probably not doing too well.
Sounds like a guy who likes getting his ass beat daily and twice on Sundays..He's in the right place for it.  IDK..Some guys seem to do ok if they're around the same types. Jail and prisons aren't really a one size fits all kind of place. It's not as if there's a shortage of loud mouth assholes locked up. It's kind of a place they seem to gravitate towards. Nobody goes to prison just to meditate in peace and quiet although some do find ways to do it. 
Some come out doing better and most come out in worse shape. I guess it depends on what the inmate thinks about while they're there. I've had some really insightful conversations locked up. They definitely get time to think things through. I definitely changed from the first time I was locked up. All my stays were over drinking and drugs...nothing long term..knock on vinyl..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-21-2021, 08:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Sounds like a guy who likes getting his ass beat daily and twice on Sundays..He's in the right place for it.  IDK..Some guys seem to do ok if they're around the same types. Jail and prisons aren't really a one size fits all kind of place. It's not as if there's a shortage of loud mouth assholes locked up. It's kind of a place they seem to gravitate towards. Nobody goes to prison just to meditate in peace and quiet although some do find ways to do it. 
Some come out doing better and most come out in worse shape. I guess it depends on what the inmate thinks about while they're there. I've had some really insightful conversations locked up. They definitely get time to think things through. I definitely changed from the first time I was locked up. All my stays were over drinking and drugs...nothing long term..knock on vinyl..

He was just a spoiled kid growing up and thought he could do whatever he wanted, which is why he thought it was ok to get drunk and drive us to a party in the cemetery when he was 15.  His parents never made him fear any discipline, before or after the wreck (I've mentioned that before, maybe even in this thread), so he's always just freaked out when he can't do whatever the hell he wants.

In the news story where he attacks the guards in the courtroom, I think he was actually in the courtroom to go on trial for attacking guards in the jail.

Word is that he wasn't getting treated too well by other male inmates and he has done everything in his power to get out of general population.

It's sad but for the way he has treated me since the wreck and how he has pissed all over my family and I, I don't let him enter my brain too much.I have kind of been afraid for when he gets released, but just hoping he's closely monitored or a lot better mentally by then.

We've all done things we should have served time for, but glad it's never been anything too serious with you.
Sounds like a real winner. I'd keep on top of any parole hearings and make every effort to speak up at them at any opportunity. Years ago in a fine Ohio city i turned states evidence against a bunch of scammers I had worked for..real winners too. The youngest son got off, but the old man and his older kids all got sent up for wire fraud and several other counts. The kid started threatening me so I had a talk with the prosecutor and he leaned really heavy on him about witness tampering.. 
That was the last I heard from the bunch. 
They were "selling" phony credit repair over the phone targeting mostly the elderly and part of what nailed them was the phone script that literally had the words "Haha suckers!" typed into it.  The prosecutor about fell out of his chair when I gave him the script. 
I've done some sleazy things in my life, but theft and wire fraud targeting poor elderly people was never one of them .
I would definitely express any concerns about the guy you may have to the prosecutor in the case and report any contact he might initiate towards you or your family. That's the kind of stuff judges take a very dim view toward. Quick way to get years added to a sentence. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(06-22-2021, 02:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: Sounds like a real winner. I'd keep on top of any parole hearings and make every effort to speak up at them at any opportunity. Years ago in a fine Ohio city i turned states evidence against a bunch of scammers I had worked for..real winners too. The youngest son got off, but the old man and his older kids all got sent up for wire fraud and several other counts. The kid started threatening me so I had a talk with the prosecutor and he leaned really heavy on him about witness tampering.. 
That was the last I heard from the bunch. 
They were "selling" phony credit repair over the phone targeting mostly the elderly and part of what nailed them was the phone script that literally had the words "Haha suckers!" typed into it.  The prosecutor about fell out of his chair when I gave him the script. 
I've done some sleazy things in my life, but theft and wire fraud targeting poor elderly people was never one of them .
I would definitely express any concerns about the guy you may have to the prosecutor in the case and report any contact he might initiate towards you or your family. That's the kind of stuff judges take a very dim view toward. Quick way to get years added to a sentence. 

I'd speak up at parole hearings except I'd be afraid that he'll come after me when he gets out.

Like I said, he sounded sincere in our civil suit when he said I'm the last thing on his mind when he goes to sleep and the first thing on his mind when he wakes up, but then there's also things like when he tried to kill himself and said it was for my birthday present.  

I just don't want to give him any reason to be mad at me because his brain is so eroded from years of guilt and harsh drugs to drown the guilt.
You could always change your name and move out of the area..maybe become a transvestite and dress up like a woman.. 
If you're already a target don't make yourself an easy target..
I think I speak for everyone..you might make a better Brenda than a Brad.. lol
You know I'm kidding...right?  Nervous

(06-21-2021, 09:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's sad but for the way he has treated me since the wreck and how he has pissed all over my family and I,

I am not surprised.  Oftentimes when a teenager makes a horrible stupid decision that ruins his life he wants to blame someone else for the damage.  No matter how stupid the decision was he feel like it is not his fault and someone else should be held responsible and pay for the damage.
(06-25-2021, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not surprised.  Oftentimes when a teenager makes a horrible stupid decision that ruins his life he wants to blame someone else for the damage.  No matter how stupid the decision was he feel like it is not his fault and someone else should be held responsible and pay for the damage.
Amen brother.. I used to blame everyone but myself when I was young. Back when I was drinking and driving I blamed bars for even having parking lots. I still think that is a bad idea, but oh well.. 

(06-25-2021, 09:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Amen brother.. I used to blame everyone but myself when I was young. Back when I was drinking and driving I blamed bars for even having parking lots. I still think that is a bad idea, but oh well.. 

Just realized in a post above that I said jail when it was really prison.

Yeah, he's definitely always blamed other people and then I think shrinks in prison just made it worse (if they even have those, but I think they do). 

Like one time, when he was out for a while, he was making all these weird Facebook posts blaming me for the way his life turned out, and then I messaged him just asking what he was going on because I had just forgiven him for the umpteenth time and he starts going into how he's healing and I need to heal and how his parents "failed him" by never imposing discipline and how my parents "failed me" because they had known I had drank before, which was stupid because my parents always drilled into my head not to do anything stupid and always made me fear getting caught drinking or anything (my dad never hit us or anything but he was just an authoritative man, and plus it was just the fear of never letting him down).  

Right after that is when he jumped in front of the bus and told me it was for my birthday present ThumbsUp
(06-30-2021, 04:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: my parents always drilled into my head not to do anything stupid and always made me fear getting caught drinking or anything (my dad never hit us or anything but he was just an authoritative man, and plus it was just the fear of never letting him down).  

Well looks like you can't blame his parents. What they say obviously makes no difference. All of the blame is on the individual who makes the decision.
(06-30-2021, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well looks like you can't blame his parents. What they say obviously makes no difference. All of the blame is on the individual who makes the decision.

How do you get that from me saying that my father instilled in us never to make any stupid decisions and to fear discipline?

His parents never made him fear discipline, never instilled in him not to make stupid decisions, and let him do anything he wanted/

You make comments like that and think that we're all too stupid to see the obvious flaws in your "logic."
(06-30-2021, 01:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How do you get that from me saying that my father instilled in us never to make any stupid decisions and to fear discipline?

Because even though your parents told you not to you were still drinking and making bad decisions.
(06-30-2021, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because even though your parents told you not to you were still drinking and making bad decisions.

There's a big difference between drinking and driving underage without supervision, and an even bigger difference in drinking and driving underage.
Well Bill Cosby no longer knows what it's like to be in a PA Reformatory:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bill-cosby-sex-assault-conviction-163915409.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-30-2021, 04:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a big difference between drinking and driving underage without supervision, and an even bigger difference in drinking and driving underage.

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but my point still stands.

Your parents told you not to drink or make bad decisions.  His parents didn't.  Yet you both drank and made bad decisions.  Therefore the parents made no difference.
(06-30-2021, 09:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you are trying to say here, but my point still stands.

Your parents told you not to drink or make bad decisions.  His parents didn't.  Yet you both drank and made bad decisions.  Therefore the parents made no difference.

My point is there's a difference between doing something like underage drinking, which wasn't that uncommon back then, and driving alone underage, which not many kids do, and drinking and driving underage, which I've never even heard any other kids do before.

Your attempted argument here is horrible, at best.
(07-01-2021, 06:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:  which I've never even heard any other kids do before.

Unfortunately happened all the time when I was a teenager.  Was even a passenger in a car with someone drinking beer.  I think we both were (it was 33 years ago, but I was likely drinking too).  I only went out with the guy doing that once, but it was something he (and others) did routinely (late 80's).  

On a side note:
He was a big guy.  260lb all state power lifter (set records), all state discus/shot put (placed multiples times at the State Meet in both) and all state football Guard.  He was offered a full ride to Penn State to play football.  He was that good.  He declined the Penn State offer to attend Marshall, because he didn't want to move away from his girlfriend.  Sophomore year he was drunk, driving back from her house....went off the road at high speed....hit a tree....a spare tire sitting in the back rocketed forward and took his head off.  A hard lesson.  So much lost potential.

Perhaps there was no need for the above story, but kids do and have been drinking, driving and paying the consequences for a long, long time.  It is good, Brad, that you have made a life after your incident.  /cheers
(07-01-2021, 06:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: My point is there's a difference between doing something like underage drinking, which wasn't that uncommon back then, and driving alone underage, which not many kids do, and drinking and driving underage, which I've never even heard any other kids do before.

If you don't think kids go out alone, underage, and drink and drive, then you are naïve about the situation. You may not have ever heard of it, but is was a common arrest when I was still on the streets. Kids make bad decisions, like drinking and driving, or getting into a car with someone who is drinking and driving. Most survive and learn life's lesson. Some don't.  But it happens every night.
(07-01-2021, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you don't think kids go out alone, underage, and drink and drive, then you are naïve about the situation. You may not have ever heard of it, but is was a common arrest when I was still on the streets. Kids make bad decisions, like drinking and driving, or getting into a car with someone who is drinking and driving. Most survive and learn life's lesson. Some don't.  But it happens every night.

Definitely not naïve.

No one in our area ever had before back then.
(07-01-2021, 06:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: My point is there's a difference between doing something like underage drinking, which wasn't that uncommon back then, and driving alone underage, which not many kids do, and drinking and driving underage, which I've never even heard any other kids do before.

Still don't know what your point is.

I was talking about the influence your parents had on your behavior.

Did they tell you it was okay to drink underage and get into a car with a drunk driver or not?