Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s the RB’s you are following?
(04-21-2023, 04:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure what you consider the later rounds, but I think of rounds 6-7.  I don't see any of those 3 lasting to the 4th round, except maybe Bigsby, he might slide to the 4th.

I guess Zach Evans comes across as a me first guy when he talks, that might cost him. But yeah, if we are talking about late round RB's
Synric nailed a few in Peoples, Hull, Valladay and Laborn. Also like Keaton Mitchell a lot who could be a late pick because of his size, but 
he is really fast unlike Deuce Vaughn shown with his forty. I know, forty's aren't everything but watching Deuce on film he doesn't look 
like a burner much at all like Keaton Mitchell does.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess Zach Evans comes across as a me first guy when he talks, that might cost him. But yeah, if we are talking about late round RB's
Synric nailed a few in Peoples, Hull, Valladay and Laborn. Also like Keaton Mitchell a lot who could be a late pick because of his size, but 
he is really fast unlike Deuce Vaughn shown with his forty. I know, forty's aren't everything but watching Deuce on film he doesn't look 
like a burner much at all like Keaton Mitchell does.

Hate to learn that, based on production and ratings, he was my second choice of RB for the Bengals, behind Charbonnet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 09:48 AM)Synric Wrote: A few late day 3 to UDFAs to keep an eye on.

Cameron Peoples very good pass blocker.
Evan Hull thick change of pace back bigger Gio.
Xazavian Valladay off tackle slasher.
Khalan Laborn day 2 talent UDFA because of red flags.

Don't forget Deneric Prince .
Reply/Quote
No one on this board likes Gibbs huh? If he fell to late second round I would love to grab him. I know he’s only 200 pounds and it’s been awhile in the NFL since a smaller back like Charles or Johnson has been a year in year our starter. McCaffrey is probably closest small back comparison in recent years. Realistically the best of them last 8 good years so to get a smaller back to last 5 years when we have a Super Bowl window open would be fine with me. I think Robinson and Gibbs are the only real true NFL starters in the draft from what I see from film. I like some other guys but don’t think they bring much more than Williams could bring for us this year.
Reply/Quote
I am not sure what you mean by following but there are backs that I find interesting for the Bengals in this draft:

Bijan Robinson - It is a pipe dream for the Bengals but stranger things have happened in the draft I guess. What is not to like when there really is not true weakness to his game. Would effectively end the Joe Mixon saga on June 1st.

Tyjae Spears - One of my favorites in this draft. I think he would be the playmaker that this offense has sorely missed in the backfield. When this kid gets in the open field he is gone. He routinely runs through arm tackles and is effective in pass protection.

Roschon Johnson - I love the way this kid plays the game. He is 100% effort 100% of the time. I would really like to see him with Cincinnati.

Israel Abanikanda - His speed is very intriguing I guess the question is how effective he can be in the receiving game as it just was not something he was asked to much at Pitt.

Deneric Prince - I feel like he may well be the most underrated RB in this draft class and I think he has the skillset to be a very effective NFL back.

Hunter Luepke - Anyone pigeonholing this kid as a blocking back is crazy. This kid can do it all really.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hate to learn that, based on production and ratings, he was my second choice of RB for the Bengals, behind Charbonnet.

Yeah, never like a me first player no matter how good he is.

(04-22-2023, 08:16 PM)Justin1462 Wrote: No one on this board likes Gibbs huh? If he fell to late second round I would love to grab him. I know he’s only 200 pounds and it’s been awhile in the NFL since a smaller back like Charles or Johnson has been a year in year our starter. McCaffrey is probably closest small back comparison in recent years.  Realistically  the best of them last 8 good years so to get a smaller back to last 5 years when we have a Super Bowl window open would be fine with me. I think Robinson and Gibbs are the only real true NFL starters in the draft from what I see from film. I like some other guys but don’t think they bring much more than Williams could bring for us this year.

I think everybody likes Gibbs as a runner and pass catcher, it is his pass pro that scares people.

BTW, I will put Mcintosh RB Georgia on here as another RB I like in the mid to late rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 10:29 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am not sure what you mean by following but there are backs that I find interesting for the Bengals in this draft:

Bijan Robinson - It is a pipe dream for the Bengals but stranger things have happened in the draft I guess. What is not to like when there really is not true weakness to his game. Would effectively end the Joe Mixon saga on June 1st.

Tyjae Spears - One of my favorites in this draft. I think he would be the playmaker that this offense has sorely missed in the backfield. When this kid gets in the open field he is gone. He routinely runs through arm tackles and is effective in pass protection.

Roschon Johnson - I love the way this kid plays the game. He is 100% effort 100% of the time. I would really like to see him with Cincinnati.

Israel Abanikanda - His speed is very intriguing I guess the question is how effective he can be in the receiving game as it just was not something he was asked to much at Pitt.

Deneric Prince - I feel like he may well be the most underrated RB in this draft class and I think he has the skillset to be a very effective NFL back.

Hunter Luepke - Anyone pigeonholing this kid as a blocking back is crazy. This kid can do it all really.

So underrated I haven't mentioned Prince once this Offseason, good call on Deneric Prince.
Reply/Quote
Jahmyr Gibbs
Zach Charbonnet
Israel Abanikanda
Tyjae Spears
Tank Bigsby
Roschon Johnson
Keaton Mitchell

At this point I’m thinking the Bengals aren’t planning to move on from Mixon and are most likely trying to find a complimentary speed/receiving back in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 07:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I know alot of folks here think highly of Spears.  I really don’t know much about him though.  

Honestly Deuce is my favorite player in the entire draft.  If we got him in the third, I’d be very very happy.  Have you watched any of his highlights?  
To me he’s just impressive for his size.

His film is amazing.  His ability to change direction and make himself small instantly is elite.  And he has great contact balance and rarely goes down on first contact.   What I saw of his receiving was amazing.  He has great hands.   He's tough and creative.   If we paired him with someone that can block, run and receive (e.g. Hunter Luepke) I'd be psyched.   Pair them with a good blocking TE and our offense would be significantly upgraded.   I hear Brenton Strange is a vicious blocker and really a decent receiver as well.  And I've heard the Schoonover (s.p.?) TE also is a big time blocker.   We had so many good plays wrecked because our TEs could not reliably block and our RBs were just not scary enough.   You take care of those two things - along with good  blitz pick up play and we are VERY scary offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 05:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: In no particular order……

Bijan
Chase Brown
Deuce Vaughn (my favorite rb in this draft, will be a steal late)
Mohamed Ibreham -if he wasn’t so injury prone, I’d love him in stripes

But I don’t think any of these are bigger backs.  Who’s a big RB in this draft?

I love Roschon Johnson.  He split carries with Bijan and in PFF analysis, he had the 2nd best elusiveness score behind only Bijan.  Coaches love him.  He's a beast picking up pass rushers.  He may not take a ball 80 yards, but he has some juice and knows how to possess the ball.  If we got him in the 3rd round, I would be pumped.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 12:28 PM)3wt Wrote: His film is amazing.  His ability to change direction and make himself small instantly is elite.  And he has great contact balance and rarely goes down on first contact.   What I saw of his receiving was amazing.  He has great hands.   He's tough and creative.   If we paired him with someone that can block, run and receive (e.g. Hunter Luepke) I'd be psyched.   Pair them with a good blocking TE and our offense would be significantly upgraded.   I hear Brenton Strange is a vicious blocker and really a decent receiver as well.  And I've heard the Schoonover (s.p.?) TE also is a big time blocker.   We had so many good plays wrecked because our TEs could not reliably block and our RBs were just not scary enough.   You take care of those two things - along with good  blitz pick up play and we are VERY scary offense.

Same thing I see with Spears, my second favorite RB in the entire Draft after Bijan. Dude is electric with the ball in his hands.

Schoonmaker BTW. Great post, I am expecting us to take Forbes at 28 Thursday night but I did a Mock yesterday with us starting
out with Darnell Washington and Tyjae Spears and it might be my favorite scenario as long as Carman steps up at RT and we extend
DJ Reader and bring back Apple and Flowers at Corner.

If we aren't thinking about bringing back DJ, we should draft a DT that can stop the run somewhat early.

(04-24-2023, 01:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love Roschon Johnson.  He split carries with Bijan and in PFF analysis, he had the 2nd best elusiveness score behind only Bijan.  Coaches love him.  He's a beast picking up pass rushers.  He may not take a ball 80 yards, but he has some juice and knows how to possess the ball.  If we got him in the 3rd round, I would be pumped.  

Yeah, Roschon would be a great fit with our Offense. He is a much faster, more explosive Perine. Spears hasn't been falling to the 3rd 
round in many of the Mocks I have been seeing lately, let alone late in the 3rd, but Roschon could be there and I would take him in a 
heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
Sean Tucker 29 Reps of 225 at 5'9.5 209. That is ridiculous absolutely ridiculous... talk about projecting pass protection lol.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bigsby is interesting to me because it would be nice to see what he could do in a real offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same thing I see with Spears, my second favorite RB in the entire Draft after Bijan. Dude is electric with the ball in his hands.

Schoonmaker BTW. Great post, I am expecting us to take Forbes at 28 Thursday night but I did a Mock yesterday with us starting
out with Darnell Washington and Tyjae Spears and it might be my favorite scenario as long as Carman steps up at RT and we extend
DJ Reader and bring back Apple and Flowers at Corner.

If we aren't thinking about bringing back DJ, we should draft a DT that can stop the run somewhat early.

Yeah, Roschon would be a great fit with our Offense. He is a much faster, more explosive Perine. Spears hasn't been falling to the 3rd 
round in many of the Mocks I have been seeing lately, let alone late in the 3rd, but Roschon could be there and I would take him in a 
heartbeat.

Great analogy
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Sean Tucker 29 Reps of 225 at 5'9.5 209. That is ridiculous absolutely ridiculous... talk about projecting pass protection lol.

Impressive by Tucker, another RB I would be for in the mid rounds.

(04-24-2023, 04:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bigsby is interesting to me because it would be nice to see what he could do in a real offense.

Yeah, Tank was pretty much it all there. Imagine him with Burrow taking the focus off of him. Bigsby is a real smooth runner.

Reminds me of Jamaal Charles.

(04-24-2023, 06:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great analogy

Thanks, that is the thing. We all saw how the Offense was less predictable with Perine out there at RB last year. We need RB's that
can pass block, cach the ball out of the backfield and run the ball. Roschon Johnson provides this as do quite a few RB's in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Sean Tucker 29 Reps of 225 at 5'9.5 209. That is ridiculous absolutely ridiculous... talk about projecting pass protection lol.

Yet one of the biggest weaknesses to his game is pass protection:

Quote:Weaknesses
  • Tends to wait for fully formed entry points into the line.
  • Can be a little clumsy getting through tight crevices.
  • Needs discipline to keep runs on track.
  • Might not have enough burst to bounce runs wide.
  • Lacks dynamic qualities out of the backfield.
  • Teams likely will not be pleased with his pass protection.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sean-tucker/32005455-4329-9932-5316-9ae83817e6e1
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 10:35 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yet one of the biggest weaknesses to his game is pass protection:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sean-tucker/32005455-4329-9932-5316-9ae83817e6e1

Yea Syracuse gave Sean Tucker check releases this year and he struggled beating the rusher to the spot trying to process the protection. Most of these running backs are going to have a similar issue when they get to the Pros. Physically Tucker projects well in the passing game but he needs work as a protector and pass catcher that's why he's a day 3 running back. 

Evan Hull is another day 3 guy that needs a little work in pass protection but projects as a 3rd down back. He is a very good receiving back.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Impressive by Tucker, another RB I would be for in the mid rounds.

Yeah, Tank was pretty much it all there. Imagine him with Burrow taking the focus off of him. Bigsby is a real smooth runner.

Reminds me of Jamaal Charles.

Thanks, that is the thing. We all saw how the Offense was less predictable with Perine out there at RB last year. We need RB's that
can pass block, cach the ball out of the backfield and run the ball. Roschon Johnson provides this as do quite a few RB's in this Draft.

Yeah, and the biggest plus he brings over Perine is elusiveness so he can uncover quickly underneath and take advantage of single coverage.  

And I know we have all had a Chris Evans love fest (clearly, not all) and he kind of fizzled, but I still wonder why he wasn't used more in this role.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, and the biggest plus he brings over Perine is elusiveness so he can uncover quickly underneath and take advantage of single coverage.  

And I know we have all had a Chris Evans love fest (clearly, not all) and he kind of fizzled, but I still wonder why he wasn't used more in this role.  

For sure Roschon is more elusive and has better quicks and speed than Samaje. Also was surprised Evans didn't see more snaps 
last year which is another reason why RB is such a question mark going into the Draft. BTW, just saw PFF has us trading up 3 spots
with the Giants and grabbing Roschon's teammate Bijan...
Reply/Quote
With the way teams played us last year, it's imperative that we get a guy that can take a dump off and make explosive plays out of it. It's almost as important as getting another pass catching TE. We need a guy that can punish teams for laying back in 2 deep. I would love to see Gibbs here, although not so much in round 1, but I don't think he gets to 60.
Reply/Quote