Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What’s worse for America
(01-26-2022, 03:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Neither are real threats but rather great talking points to push agendas.

How do we know you really believe that and aren't just an illegal immigrant who has taken over Au165's computer?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but why should we be the ones paying for all the supplies?

Because we're largely the ones responsible for the crisis. 
Reply/Quote
These illegals. What are they doing once they get here?

We talking invasion as in they have guns and they're trying to claim land on the border and moving inward with the intention of seizing the reins of control in the country?

Or are we talking invasion as in they are fleeing persecution and danger and are seeking refuge in America?

Because, if the former, I'd consider that a problem. If the latter, I'm not really concerned about that.

For the record, I'm also not really concerned about Ukraine. Call it an obtuse or ignorant viewpoint, but I don't really care about this whole situation. If Putin wants to start a world war, I'd let the EU deal with it and, if it comes to war, we can re-address that issue later.

We're too far from there to stick our toes in it at this point, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well just toss that onto my list and we can both be right.

I can live with that.  Cool
Reply/Quote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10448165/Leaked-video-shows-illegal-migrants-landing-Westchester-airport-secret-charter-flight.html#comments

If this actually legal why is it being done in the cover of darkness?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: These illegals. What are they doing once they get here?

We talking invasion as in they have guns and they're trying to claim land on the border and moving inward with the intention of seizing the reins of control in the country?

Or are we talking invasion as in they are fleeing persecution and danger and are seeking refuge in America?

Because, if the former, I'd consider that a problem. If the latter, I'm not really concerned about that.

For the record, I'm also not really concerned about Ukraine. Call it an obtuse or ignorant viewpoint, but I don't really care about this whole situation. If Putin wants to start a world war, I'd let the EU deal with it and, if it comes to war, we can re-address that issue later.

We're too far from there to stick our toes in it at this point, in my opinion.

You let Ukraine go without a fight then rest assured Taiwan is next, then the Baltic nations, and they won't be the last.  Have we forgotten already that appeasement does not work?  As for letting Europe handle it?  Europe's combined military would get steamrolled by Russia.  Not to mention the extremely complicated issues of logistics and command structure involving so many different nation's armed forces.  Regardless, Europe has no stomach (I could say balls if I was feeling less kind) for a fight with Russia.  They'll eat whatever shit Putin spoon feeds them so they don't all freeze to death every winter.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You let Ukraine go without a fight then rest assured Taiwan is next, then the Baltic nations, and they won't be the last.  Have we forgotten already that appeasement does not work?  As for letting Europe handle it?  Europe's combined military would get steamrolled by Russia.  Not to mention the extremely complicated issues of logistics and command structure involving so many different nation's armed forces.  Regardless, Europe has no stomach (I could say balls if I was feeling less kind) for a fight with Russia.  They'll eat whatever shit Putin spoon feeds them so they don't all freeze to death every winter.

The whole Russia thing is going to be extra interesting in an era where, for the past decade or so, there has been a lot of admiration for Putin coming from neo-cons.  The party that usually supports the warhawking initiatives also sees our president as being far inferior to that of our enemies. We had Obama and Biden who are seen as weak and "nice guys" who can't get stuff done like Putin, and for four years we had Trump who was Putin's buddy.

Interesting stuff, this. I haven't even looked into the national narratives on all this yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You let Ukraine go without a fight then rest assured Taiwan is next, then the Baltic nations, and they won't be the last.  Have we forgotten already that appeasement does not work?  As for letting Europe handle it?  Europe's combined military would get steamrolled by Russia.  Not to mention the extremely complicated issues of logistics and command structure involving so many different nation's armed forces.  Regardless, Europe has no stomach (I could say balls if I was feeling less kind) for a fight with Russia.  They'll eat whatever shit Putin spoon feeds them so they don't all freeze to death every winter.

I wouldn't put it past China to invade Taiwan simultaneously with Russia moving into Ukraine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I'm not saying America should be completely uninvolved. But it's ridiculous that America seems to be the front line when it comes to Russia. I would prefer the EU take the center stage and America be the one that "speaks softly and carries a big stick." If the EU completely fails to contain the situation, then we can step in with military force, but why is Biden, almost 5000 miles away, the front man to confronting Putin regarding a situation that should matter WAY more to the Europeans? If Russia takes Ukraine, they're right on Europe's doorstep. You'd think they'd have a vested interest in de-escalating all of this themselves. I'm so sick of America being the World Police (whether we want to be or not).
Reply/Quote
& the fact that Russia supplies our European allies with so much energy only further complicates things. Germany while trying to retire coal fired plants & working to do the same on the nukes continue to play right into Putin's hands.

What could possibly go wrong ?
Reply/Quote
If Taiwan became a ripple effect, that would be a big problem. Taiwan Semiconductor is the world's largest chip maker.
Reply/Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukraine-invasion-nato-allies-weapons-munitions-germany-helmets

A perfect example.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:29 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10448165/Leaked-video-shows-illegal-migrants-landing-Westchester-airport-secret-charter-flight.html#comments

Are you asking why a flight is at night? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'll be honest, the rhetoric surrounding Ukraine smells more like an effort to keep the war machines running than something we should be legitimately concerned about. I'd much rather that money be spent giving aid to folks coming to our southern border so we can improve the lives of people rather than beating the war drum.

another 10,000 tanks comin right up!
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should just takeover Russia and tell Putin to eat shit
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'll be honest, the rhetoric surrounding Ukraine smells more like an effort to keep the war machines running than something we should be legitimately concerned about. I'd much rather that money be spent giving aid to folks coming to our southern border so we can improve the lives of people rather than beating the war drum.

Well you know what they say. When you're tanking in the polls go to war.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:29 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10448165/Leaked-video-shows-illegal-migrants-landing-Westchester-airport-secret-charter-flight.html#comments

[Image: FKJJ9q4WYAE99MG?format=jpg&name=large]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I think this is pretty bad for America too.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/democracy-2020/ohio-politics/protesters-allegedly-supporting-trump-gather-outside-state-rep-weinsteins-hudson-home

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think this is pretty bad for America too.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/democracy-2020/ohio-politics/protesters-allegedly-supporting-trump-gather-outside-state-rep-weinsteins-hudson-home

Isn't kneeling pretty much a Catholic thing?  I remember the first time I saw a protestant church.  No kneelers, no kneeling, no holy water, no corpse on the cross...what the hell?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think this is pretty bad for America too.

Wait, didn't you ardently defend protesting outside someone's private residence while I stated it was a horrible idea and meant to intimidate?  Your inconsistency is delightfully inconsistent.  Cool
Reply/Quote