Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 1 stat through 3 games has your attention the most?
It certainally nice to be 2-1 and maybe headed
To 3 and 1 with a mini bye afterwards

When you are 2-1 your making timely
Plays in all 3 phases of the game

Since every hour of the day we are presented
With player and team stats, what one
Stat really gets your attention now regarding the
CATS?

Mine has to be the 10 sacks by the dline.
Thats almost 60% of last seasons sack total.
And slot blitzer extraordinaire Mike Hilton hasnt even
Got one yet.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon on pace for over 1600 yards at over 4 YPC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 03:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It certainally nice to be 2-1 and maybe headed
To 3 and 1 with a mini bye afterwards

When you are 2-1 your making timely
Plays in all 3 phases of the game

Since every hour of the day we are presented
With player and team stats, what one
Stat really gets your attention now regarding the
CATS?

Mine has to be the 10 sacks by the dline.
Thats almost 60% of last seasons sack total.

And slot blitzer extraordinaire Mike Hilton hasnt even
Got one yet.

I was about to make a thread about that.  17 sacks all last season and already 10 this year, which is tied for the fourth-most in the league!

I feel like it's been because our interior defensive line is getting such a push and then our ends are cleaning it up or just getting to the QBs on their own!
Reply/Quote
I love to see the 10 sacks by the defense. But we've given up too many sacks on offense. That would be the stat I go with (is it 10 we've given up, or 9?). Gotta improve on that.

Last week we didn't give one up against a handicapped dline. This week we have a bit of a break as well. Then we have the Packers (who are down a pass rusher I believe) and the Lions (who need help in this area as well). So 3 games where the competition isn't as stiff, then we play the Ravens in Balt.

Pressure and Sacks on Burrow is the stat I'm most concerned with. Hope to see improvement in this area. I'm curious what other stats people will post though. Fred's always good for a good stat or two.
Reply/Quote
Pressure-to-sack ratio. Cincinnati has logged 10 sacks on 36 pressures, facing 132 attempts (2nd most in the league). Cincinnati is converting 27% of their pressures into sacks. Basically, they aren't overperforming and this is legitimate production. Cincinnati has built a formidable defensive line and it is paying off. If we keep at this pace, Cincinnati should finish top 10 in both pressures and sacks.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Mixon on pace for over 1600 yards at over 4 YPC

Well those types of numbers would certainly qualify as “putting the city on his back.”

Reply/Quote
We have a LB leading the league in INTs......

yep read that one again
Reply/Quote
Some good ones already mentioned, so I’ll go with Ja’Marr’s 20.0 yards per reception average. That’s almost exactly what he had at LSU. We got us a legit deep threat, folks.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We have a LB leading the league in INTs......

yep read that one again

That is shocking
Reply/Quote
Both the pressures/sacks AND the run defense. Only 3.3 YPC.
Reply/Quote
48.5% of the offense has been run plays which is good for 4th highest percentage in the NFL (behind the Saints, Browns, Ravens).... and the surprising lack of play action.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good: our dline sacks, just awesome. Chase, as advertised but maybe even better seeing as he’s a rookie and putting up big numbers. LB’s, so good to see some signs of top end quality play from that position. Run defense, awesome.

Not so good: QB protection, kept Joe clean last game but still has leaked way too many sacks already. CB’s a concern, need Waynes fit and firing and Apple playing from the bench. Still a concern when Joes got the ball and just waiting for him to get hit or when he runs it’s still heart in mouth stuff, as he gets more confidence I hope I do as well.
Reply/Quote
For 2021?

1-0 vs Steelers; looking for 2-0, then I'll believe we got this annual monkey off our back. 

This team is too young to have experienced the BS that has gone on in the past with this rivalry. To them, football is football. They want it and they believe enough in themselves to take it.

NEW DAY!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Positive Stat: Defensive sacks and pressures especially with what we had last year

Negative Stat: Lack of 3rd down efficiency 33% especially throwing the ball since Burrow was known to be sharp in the clutch
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go with Chase with the 4 TD's. A lot of people (me included) figured he was gonna start kinda slow. He didn't
Reply/Quote
My most impressive positive: only 235 rushing yards allowed in 3 games, ranked 8th run defense in the league.
After being 29th or worse in yards allowed the past 4 years, this is impressive.

My worst negative: 10 sacks on Joe Burrow. If that trend keeps up, Burrow would be sacked 56 times.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My most impressive positive: only 235 rushing yards allowed in 3 games, ranked 8th run defense in the league.
After being 29th or worse in yards allowed the past 4 years, this is impressive.

My worst negative: 10 sacks on Joe Burrow. If that trend keeps up, Burrow would be sacked 56 times.

The Bears sacked Baker 5 times. And the Browns OL is arguably the best in the league. We’re obviously not going to keep Burrow completely untouched like against the Steelers every week, but I also don’t think we’ll see too many games like against the Bears.

Reply/Quote
Remember when the defense couldn’t get turnovers to save its life?

We’re getting a healthy amount of those now.
Reply/Quote
3 sacks from BJ Hill… Leading the team

Wtf?

Big time payoff on that trade. I love it
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 10:04 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Remember when the defense couldn’t get turnovers to save its life?

We’re getting a healthy amount of those now.

It's good to see defenders constantly trying to rip the ball out every play. In years past i'd almost say to myself, do you realize that you're allowed to try and create turnovers??

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote