Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What A Sad Year In The NFL
(11-03-2017, 12:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: some people would call it karma

Hmm, JJ Watt must have burned like 100 flags when I wasn't looking, or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With all these injuries...the NFL sure was wide open this year. Too bad we couldn't capitalize on it.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:11 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Let's keep the thread on topic. No politics. You can go to PNR to discuss that.

So says the admin with a joke about politics as an avatar.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 02:58 AM)Penn Wrote: So says the admin with a joke about politics as an avatar.

Isn't that a quote by Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean?

I guess there's a little politics in Pirates of the Caribbean aristocratics over the commoners, but I really can't picture it as a political satire.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 03:15 AM)Synric Wrote: Isn't that a quote by Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean?

I guess there's a little politics in Pirates of the Caribbean aristocratics over the commoners, but I really can't picture it as a political satire.

2020 Johnson Hanks is from a bad movie I could never make it through?

I suppose that might not be an avatar but still, sigs and whatever that is called having political overtones (even as jokes) means every single post by that person is political.

But since we are supposed to stay on topic, it doesn't seem to me that there is a significant increase in high profile injuries this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I haven't watched any NFL games other than the Bengals this year. I'm not spending a penny this year for anything NFL  .. no tickets,  Jerseys or Christmas gifts  of any kind regarding anything NFL. I feel bitter. The league has changed the game and the political stance has changed what was an escape time. Football is such a great game, I hope that the NFL again focuses on football.

Total boycott of the NFL is planned for Sunday, November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend.

Boycott all football telecasts.  All fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games; let the NFL play to empty stadiums.
Reply/Quote
I blame the CBA for all the injuries.

Scientists did a study a long time ago of NFL players bones. They found that NFL players bones are actually thicker and stronger than the average persons bones and said that constant strength and conditioning is the reason why. Interestingly enough, they study the bones of gladiators as well and found the same thing.

Anyway, since the players don't get to practice as much, maybe that is contributing to all the injuries. Well, that and because players are bigger and faster every year as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 06:31 PM)Derrick Wrote: Total boycott of the NFL is planned for Sunday, November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend.

Boycott all football telecasts.  All fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games; let the NFL play to empty stadiums.

Even though I am a season ticket holder, just for you, I will stay away from PBS on that day.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote