Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Are You Looking For in Friday Preseason Game One
Competition between QBs, who takes the lead in being the backup to Burrow. RB battle between Evans and Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mostly I want to see the second string defensive line. All of them will see alot of snaps this season and will be important to the teams success.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 09:48 AM)BengalBob Wrote: I will be looking at the shiny new toys:

Myles Murphy, Jordan Battle, and D.J. Turner on D

Iosivas and Chase Brown on O ...Jones as well if he's a go

This is exactly what I came to post. I especially want to see Murphy in action.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
carman
starting safety play
rookies flashing - murphy, jones, etc.
2nd string DL play (carter, ossai, sample, etc.)
punting (this is such a non topic that deserves more discussion)
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 09:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'll be looking at backup Olineman, specifically center and our undrafted free agent guard. Hoping to spot any steals.

I'll be looking at our young secondary. Mainly our draft picks and Anderson which they did trade up in the 4th for, but has had a pretty quiet camp. He showed well last preseason and it would be nice if there was something there given the unknown and youth at safety.

I'll be looking for RB 3 with an eye on our two undrafted free agents. One in which they paid extra for to sign as an undrafted free agent (Sanders - or something like that. I can't think of the name off the top of my head).

I'll also be looking at backup NT, which is a concern still given Tupou's age.

Outside of those, I love watching the back end of the wideout room - those wideouts outside of our top 5.

Is Tufele still around? 

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: carman
starting safety play

Good call Weez....count me in on that too. Hope we get a good look at the rookie.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: This is exactly what I came to post. I especially want to see Murphy in action.

I like the fact that Hendrickson and Murphy have a big brother, little brother relationship going!
Reply/Quote
I am really looking forward to watching Chase Brown. The RB2 position is going to be a really key battle this year and with Williams being hurt and Evans being such a question mark, now is the time for CB to show what he can do. And preseason games are usually run-heavy anyways so I think he's going to get some significant touches.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:07 AM)wanga Wrote: No injuries
Damn Aussies, why can't you guys ever follow the rules, you're not allowed to say that
Reply/Quote
No major injuries. Nothing else matters.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Damn Aussies, why can't you guys ever follow the rules, you're not allowed to say that

Well as I have the OP on ignore I didn't see the rules.....and if someone is looking for more than a lack of injuries, then their looking for the wrong things.
Reply/Quote
I'm not expecting a whole lot. I'm guessing nobody that is a locked in starter will play.

That being said, I want to see a guy have a "breakout" performance. Somebody that makes me say "oh shit, he's going to be a player with us"
Reply/Quote
I get to see this game in Florida on NFL network. I am anxious to see our rookie class and also FA's. I also want to see Jackson Carmen and the backup OL.

Our 2nd string guys like Carter, did they progress?

I also want to see our backup QB's, hopefully a series or 2 with our top WR's and then with our 2 rookie WR's.

I am excited the season is close. I think we can be better this year and hopefully this is the year we win it all.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:03 AM)Stewy Wrote: No major injuries.  Nothing else matters.

I think we have 100% consensus no major injuries. But, I do think there will be some great roster battles, some of our active 53 in 2022/2023 may lose their job in preseason.If so, I trust the coaches and think to beat out a veteran the player has to be upgrade.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: carman
starting safety play

Yes I 2nd the good call on the punting. Yet another thing to pay attention to so even if the offense struggles going 3 and out we can get a good look at the rookie punter. Also hopefully get a good look of the mechanics of the field goal operation. I know the Michigan kicker was taking somewhat early and I'm assuming Robbins was the holder?
Reply/Quote
I was gonna say NO INJURIES.

But Wanga beat me to it, so i'll say...

NO INJURIES.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Is Tufele still around? 

He is and he's always seemed to show well when called up and forced into action. I would love to see him step up and make the 53. 
I've been wondering if we do another player for player trade before the season maybe DE for DT as that seems to be a position everyone points out as being thin.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:59 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: He is and he's always seemed to show well when called up and forced into action. I would love to see him step up and make the 53. 
I've been wondering if we do another player for player trade before the season maybe DE for DT as that seems to be a position everyone points out as being thin.

Tufele is only 24, played well in limited time and can play DT and DE. He’s making the 53. Carter and Gunther may be on the bubble tho. Maybe even Basham.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 09:57 AM)kevin Wrote: Oh, that was a big story back in March.   Ravens excited over Bengals losing so many DB's in free agency.  The NFL was talking about the DB's Bengals lost, and Raven jumped in saying it opens the door for ravens to take over the AFC North......but as I say, I think Ravens and much of National News Media are wrong.  Bengals have a very good D Coordinator and Bengals have been stocking up on young DB's in recent drafts.  The cupboard is not bare. Bengals front office and coaches are in good shape.  So I think the surprise for Ravens and NFL is that Bengals had a Super Bowl Defense and will continue to have a Super Bowl Defense.  Much like Mark Twain once said, " The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. "  

So I think Bengals Defense will be just fine and NFL and Ravens over reacted to the DB's Bengals lost in free agency.  However what I think or what Ravens think doesn't matter, and you never say the Bengals D looks good on paper.  The game ain't played on paper.  So I do want t see the new backfield of DB's in Action on the Field. 

Kind of incredible that such a big story was missed by the rest of us.  I would guess that Pally would be all over those quotes, but I don't recall this ever being discussed here or on Twitter.  The only mention of the Ravens in March seemed to be Lamar's trade request.....?

Anyway, I am interested to watch these players in this game:

Oline:   Jaxson Kirkland, Ben Brown (Can either make the 53?)
RB:  Brown, Evans (How talented is Brown, is Evans done?)
WR:  Jones, Iosivas, Shedrick Jackson (Excited to watch the draft picks, can Jackson make the practice squad?)
TE:  Tanner Hudson (Can he make TE3?, even TE2?)

Edge:  Gunter, Basham (Can either make the 53?)
LB:  Shaka Heyward (Practice squad or threaten Bachie's spot?) 
CB:  Turner, Sydney Jones, Allen George, DJ Ivey (Turner just because, the others are fighting for a spot on the 53)
S:  Battle, Tycen Anderson. (What do we really have in these 2?)

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:59 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: He is and he's always seemed to show well when called up and forced into action. I would love to see him step up and make the 53. 

Thanks. Agree, I thought he played pretty well when called upon. Should be a good replacement for Tupou.

Reply/Quote