Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(03-08-2021, 03:37 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I've found a new appreciation for Rouge-likes. Great for the short spurts (30 min or so usually) of playing that I do. Pick up, have a few runs, put down.

Playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac recently.

Nice ive been playing a few indie games myself....  Havent done to many rouge like games myself but they generally look fun for small doses.
(i have wizards of legend --just havent put in much time..  unless dark souls counts as rouge like lol)

Been working on Mastering things in Gears 5
Playing Star Wars Squadrons with a few friends on the weekends
And building up my Vermintide 2 characters...

Also found this little gem called Tricky Towers.

Reply/Quote
Microsoft has completed its deal for Zenimax (parent company of Bethesda,ID and others)

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/9/22319124/microsoft-bethesda-acquisition-complete-finalized

There were already some playstation time exclusives in the works and they will still be playstation timed exclusives.. But going forward many of the titles will be exclusive to the xbox brand. (console and PC)
Reply/Quote
the 2nd dlc for the Outer worlds is finally dropping on 3/17

Trailer for Doom eternals 2nd DLC drops on 3/18
Reply/Quote
DND Dark alliance Release Date of 6/22 Announced...

(suppose to be in the same vein as the old Baldurs gate Dark Alliance games 4 player coop hack en slash
Reply/Quote
Doom Eternals 2nd dlc trailer

Releases tomorrow

Reply/Quote
This thread title should be changed to "What Xenomorph has been playing today". Mellow

I've been playing Scott Pilgrim, Stardew Valley (massive update recently), Mario 3D world + Bowser's Fury and Tetris 99.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 on the Dreamcast.

Best racing sim ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread title should be changed to "What Xenomorph has been playing today".  Mellow

I've been playing Scott Pilgrim, Stardew Valley (massive update recently), Mario 3D world + Bowser's Fury and Tetris 99.

Well i wanted to give everyone a chance to be involved...  Plus its general Games discussion.     Friend suggested Stardew valley to me havent tried it yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well i wanted to give everyone a chance to be involved...  Plus its general Games discussion.     Friend suggested Stardew valley to me havent tried it yet.

I wasn't taking a shot at you, just wish this thread was a little more lively. It's fun to get some ideas on new games to try, so the more people, the merrier.

Stardew to me is the best indie game ever made, but it's not for everyone. It's kind of a just a chill game to throw in when you're not in the mood for COD or any game that demands intense concentration. The guy who made the game constantly updates it with new content. I've put 580 hours on it in 3 years time, but I still haven't touched most of the new content, which is probably 100 hours worth if you stretch it.

Plenty of stuff to collect, weapons/tools to upgrade, crops to try and fish to catch, and that's not even getting into mingling with the townfolk and all the storylines. Sorry for rambling, but it's just an amazing game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wasn't taking a shot at you, just wish this thread was a little more lively. It's fun to get some ideas on new games to try, so the more people, the merrier.

Stardew to me is the best indie game ever made, but it's not for everyone. It's kind of a just a chill game to throw in when you're not in the mood for COD or any game that demands intense concentration. The guy who made the game constantly updates it with new content. I've put 580 hours on it in 3 years time, but I still haven't touched most of the new content, which is probably 100 hours worth if you stretch it.

Plenty of stuff to collect, weapons/tools to upgrade, crops to try and fish to catch, and that's not even getting into mingling with the townfolk and all the storylines. Sorry for rambling, but it's just an amazing game.

Well i will pick it up next time its on sale..  Any  co-op or multiplayer i  think is saw there was a hub to meet up with others or is that just the npcs?

i could use a little chill game on the side.

any upcoming games on your wish list?

I always have a list lol dispite having a backlog a few years long.

So far things i believe are coming in 2021
Diablo 2
Aliens: fire team (and all the other Co-op Shooters i posted about)
DnD Dark Alliance
Halo Infinite
Elden Ring (although who knows if will be on my list until its out lol)
Dying Light 2
***Saw a rumor Starfield from Bethesda (no MS Exclusive could drop this year)

Prbly more that slipped my mind and still havent grabbed
Valhalla (assassins creed)
Cyberpunk
Borderlands 3
or the new Tetris
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well i will pick it up next time its on sale..  Any  co-op or multiplayer i  think is saw there was a hub to meet up with others or is that just the npcs?

i could use a little chill game on the side.

any upcoming games on your wish list?      

I always have a list lol dispite having a backlog a few years long.

So far things i believe are coming in 2021
Diablo 2
Aliens: fire team (and all the other Co-op Shooters i posted about)
DnD Dark Alliance
Halo Infinite
Elden Ring (although who knows if will be on my list until its out lol)
Dying Light 2

Prbly more that slipped my mind and still havent grabbed
Valhalla (assassins creed)
Cyberpunk
Borderlands 3
or the new Tetris

They added split screen multiplayer with the last update. There is also online multiplayer so you can play with friends. Pretty simple to set up, you just click "co-op" then "online". Then start a new farm and tell someone on your friends list to click "co-op", "online", then "join".

My Wife and I play every night before bed and we just divvy up tasks and pick goals to work towards.

----

Off your wish list, I think the only games I've really looked into are Cyberpunk and Borderlands 3...but I mostly play on my Switch these days. It's just too convenient. I did like the old Borderlands collection on there.

I haven't played any Alien games since Alien Isolation, which almost gave me a heart attack like 37 times but really is an amazing game. Best looking game on Switch by a country mile, IMO.

Down the road I'm looking at Mario Golf, Fall Guys (coming to Switch finally), and whatever Zelda games release for the anniversary this year. Monster Hunter Stories looks fairly interesting, Tony Hawk 1+2 remake and a few others. Nothing too exciting yet.

Edit: I just looked up Dying Light, and I'd totally forgotten about that game. It was something I was very interested in - to the point where I watched several gameplay videos back when it released. I just never got around to it. If that's dropping anytime soon, I may have to pick up a next gen system finally.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They added split screen multiplayer with the last update. There is also online multiplayer so you can play with friends. Pretty simple to set up, you just click "co-op" then "online". Then start a new farm and tell someone on your friends list to click "co-op", "online", then "join".

My Wife and I play every night before bed and we just divvy up tasks and pick goals to work towards.

----

Off your wish list, I think the only games I've really looked into are Cyberpunk and Borderlands 3...but I mostly play on my Switch these days. It's just too convenient. I did like the old Borderlands collection on there.

I haven't played any Alien games since Alien Isolation, which almost gave me a heart attack like 37 times but really is an amazing game. Best looking game on Switch by a country mile, IMO.

Down the road I'm looking at Mario Golf, Fall Guys (coming to Switch finally), and whatever Zelda games release for the anniversary this year. Monster Hunter Stories looks fairly interesting, Tony Hawk 1+2 remake and a few others. Nothing too exciting yet.

Edit: I just looked up Dying Light, and I'd totally forgotten about that game. It was something I was very interested in - to the point where I watched several gameplay videos back when it released. I just never got around to it. If that's dropping anytime soon, I may have to pick up a next gen system finally.

first dying light is definately worth it as well if you have never played  goes on sale on xbox at least pretty frequently...  (At least once a quarter) not sure on switch  mine just kinda collects dust (well technically its the wifes)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: first dying light is definately worth it as well if you have never played  goes on sale on xbox at least pretty frequently...  (At least once a quarter) not sure on switch  mine just kinda collects dust (well technically its the wifes)

It isn't on Switch. I do have an Xbox One S... that ironically is used by my Wife these days. Our situations are reversed. ?

I'm sure I could use it to check out Dying Light though 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It isn't on Switch. I do have an Xbox One S... that ironically is used by my Wife these days. Our situations are reversed. ?

I'm sure I could use it to check out Dying Light though 

buddies and I had a blast playing the First dying light..  (can have up to 4 people total.  And a ton of cool easter eggs like the mario level and excaliber lol)

Wife just picked up Man Eater for me to play been waiting to try this game.  

Reply/Quote
Also new trailer for Atomic Hearts dropped showing off its camera mode.. This game looks kinda nuts..

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread title should be changed to "What Xenomorph has been playing today".  Mellow

Stardew valley just went on sale and i Picked it up..

Anything i should know before diving in ?
Reply/Quote
friend wants me to grab this

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: buddies and I had a blast playing the First dying light..  (can have up to 4 people total.  And a ton of cool easter eggs like the mario level and excaliber lol)

Wife just picked up Man Eater for me to play been waiting to try this game.  

**Dying light 2 announced a release date of 2021*** 

Man eater has been pretty fun so far.   It seems like its going to be short overall to 100% the game. as ive played 5-6 hours now and am about at 50% 

Its basically 3d hungry sharks.

You swim you eat things to get bigger (level up)  you find collectibles and complete quest.  your typical rpg adventure but as a shark.

Story doesnt revolve around you so much as your hunter. (im underselling the fun by a lot... at least im having a lot of fun lol)
Reply/Quote
I've been playing through all the Final Fantasy games in my downtime, starting FFIX now. Was really only old enough to start appreciating them around the time FF7/FF8 came out. Must say that except FFVI, most of the games have not aged that well. Maybe that's why they re-released all of them on mobile/3DS LOL

Started IX, which for some reason I never played as a kid. Very slow start but I've always hear it rivals VI for "best in the series" honors.

Maybe I really just don't have the patience anymore, as I find myself preferring Isaac runs to dialogue boxes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I've been playing through all the Final Fantasy games in my downtime, starting FFIX now. Was really only old enough to start appreciating them around the time FF7/FF8 came out. Must say that except FFVI, most of the games have not aged that well. Maybe that's why they re-released all of them on mobile/3DS LOL

Started IX, which for some reason I never played as a kid. Very slow start but I've always hear it rivals VI for "best in the series" honors.

Maybe I really just don't have the patience anymore, as I find myself preferring Isaac runs to dialogue boxes.

one of the Major series in gaming i just could not get into. I have a friend replaying them though and he hates 8 i believe manly cause its all humans? ill have to ask again.
Reply/Quote