Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-18-2018, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well outside of farm simulator...

Simulating a train on a track has got to be close to boring champion....

try Trailer park tycoon next   lol.

I think the game Desert Bus that was part of the Penn and Teller video game might win title of most boring.  It was basically a sim where you drive a bus from Tucson Arizona to Las Vegas, but in real time at 45mph. It took 8 hours to complete the trip and because the road was slightly angled the player had to pay attention the entire time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Just started playing the SC2 campaign.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:44 PM)magikod Wrote: Just started playing the SC2 campaign.

nice never played 2 but put well over 1000 hours in the original...  (still hoping they remaster that for consoles)
Reply/Quote
I did play a lot of Battlefield V open beta last week, forgot to post about it.

Definitely a 'not buy' at launch for me. Gun play is solid, best aspect of the game. Vehicles are weak and bad, and not enough. The weapon progression system is garbage with tree paths for guns, and you can't interchange in/out mods or attributes or whatnot. Once locked in a path for that gun, no going back. And to unlock the attributes you have to use credit points, so its that kind of garbage system they used in Battlefront 2.

DICE/EA has gone downhill so so so much beginning with Battlefront 1, it's sad. Remember the days of the old Battlefronts and Battlefields through BF4? Those days are long gone with the folks in charge over there now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 02:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I did play a lot of Battlefield V open beta last week, forgot to post about it.

Definitely a 'not buy' at launch for me. Gun play is solid, best aspect of the game. Vehicles are weak and bad, and not enough. The weapon progression system is garbage with tree paths for guns, and you can't interchange in/out mods or attributes or whatnot. Once locked in a path for that gun, no going back. And to unlock the attributes you have to use credit points, so its that kind of garbage system they used in Battlefront 2.

DICE/EA has gone downhill so so so much beginning with Battlefront 1, it's sad. Remember the days of the old Battlefronts and Battlefields through BF4? Those days are long gone with the folks in charge over there now.

original battlefronts are still the best lol...

new ones have nice graphics but no conquest.... and that's all I wanted.
Reply/Quote
playing FIFA 19 early access..game releases next Tuesday.

First there is a glitch I am exploiting. The early access trial for anyone that preordered or getting trial through 'EA Access' which is 5 bucks a month gets 10 hours to play of the game. However if you back out of the game, and keep going back in, it will eventually load the full game instead of the 'trial version'. Sooo right now I am probably 25 hours into it LOL. Screw them I dont care lol.

Anyways game is basically FIFA 17.3 at its core. Gameplay ai is the same, especially teammates ai. Player movements and whatnot seem better, but it still isnt that great of a game again. They have made tweaks to FUT champs and qualifying, but thats about it. Nothing added for offline really either. Few tweaks, thats it.

I am a fan of Fifa overall though, and will enjoy it for first few months til I rage uninstall it. Plus I am a big fan of Premier League and Euro soccer in general, so there is that as well as why I like it. Helps me get to know the players better like you would in Madden.

Reply/Quote
Playing thru forza horizon 2 almost done with the DLC.. Fun game lots of cool cars to drive...

Looks like I'm getting assassins creed odyssey day 1... So ill let you all know how it is.
Reply/Quote
Madden with the son...and not so patiently waiting for RDR2.

Fishing. It has fishing!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 01:49 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Madden with the son...and not so patiently waiting for RDR2.

I think I'm temporarly passing on RDR2    for odyssey and Fallout 76...

Eventually ill pick it up if the reviews sound favoriable...  (liked RDRedemption but not so into the rockstar formula)

the horse nuts thing didn't pull me any closer to grabbing it either lol
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 01:49 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Madden with the son...and not so patiently waiting for RDR2.

RDR 1 was so epic. i beat the campaign and the online was hella fun as well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I have spent a few hours on the fallout 76 beta

Gameplay is solid the online aspect didn't have any drawlbacks minus some server lag (but it was a stress test)

Next timeframe beta is open is Saturday 5-7 est and sunday 12-2 est for xbox...

Picked up AC Odyssey but haven't started it yet.

Anyone playing some of these new games or RDR2 or BO4 how are they?
Reply/Quote
Almost done with Fallout 4... Finished the railroad and institute quest lines... Going back for the BoS here tonight.. Great game overall.
Reply/Quote
Dark Souls Remastered is worth the 40 bucks alone to be able to run around Blighttown without wanting to throw your controller.

Kinda wish there were a few balance changes, but running around like a casual on easy mode with pyromancy/spells has its appeal.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 03:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Dark Souls Remastered is worth the 40 bucks alone to be able to run around Blighttown without wanting to throw your controller.

Kinda wish there were a few balance changes, but running around like a casual on easy mode with pyromancy/spells has its appeal.

being a pyro has its challenges as well...  frankly half the time I forget I'm a pyro and just bash stuff with my sword.  or arrows.

Finally 100% fallout 4... Ready for 76...

Now what to do for 14 days lol....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 09:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Almost done with Fallout 4...  Finished the railroad and institute quest lines...    Going back for the BoS here tonight..     Great game overall.

Yeah overall it's a good game. There are legitimate flaws about it though, especially when compared to New Vegas and the direction a character can go  that actually effects the game.

I went back recently and started a another Fallout 4 run, this time though heavily modded. I don't use mods for new weapons or gear though, mainly cause they could be pretty op which I dont want.

- Dogmeat companion, allows to take Dogmeat at all times with any companion. Apparently was in the code to be done, but devs backed out for whatever reason.
- Scrap Settlement mod makes settlement scrapping much better, and cleans up settlements a ton more than vanilla
- night sky texture mod
- crafting expansion mod
- couple new radio channels
- Wild Wastelands mod - this mod is actually really good. Adds a ton of easter eggs and other things inspired from New Vegas. (definite must to check out at least)
- and the snappy house kit mod - pretty much adds any kind of house/building etc in game to be built in settlement.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 12:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah overall it's a good game. There are legitimate flaws about it though, especially when compared to New Vegas and the direction a character can go  that actually effects the game.

I went back recently and started a another Fallout 4 run, this time though heavily modded. I don't use mods for new weapons or gear though, mainly cause they could be pretty op which I dont want.

- Dogmeat companion, allows to take Dogmeat at all times with any companion. Apparently was in the code to be done, but devs backed out for whatever reason.
- Scrap Settlement mod makes settlement scrapping much better, and cleans up settlements a ton more than vanilla
- night sky texture mod
- crafting expansion mod
- couple new radio channels
- Wild Wastelands mod - this mod is actually really good. Adds a ton of easter eggs and other things inspired from New Vegas. (definite must to check out at least)
- and the snappy house kit mod - pretty much adds any kind of house/building etc in game to be built in settlement.

nice overall I didn't have many issues...      There was at least more choices than fallout 3 for the character and their direction... Now if the DLC factions could have gotten a main game ending that would have been pretty neat like the raiders taking over everything etc...  (or even the children of atom.)

Any game this size will have some bugs.  Only thing that ever really annoyed me beside the occansional crash..  was some of the time when your having conversations it would take a weird camera angle. (3rd person) and sometimes would put your view right into a wall or something else..

Settlement building was pretty fun  I didn't spend a ton of time to make it pretty just functional.

For dogmeat  I wonder if they allowed that than the lone wonder perk would still work with him... makes sense for only 1 campanion overall... And there was a perk for the doggy..

Fallout NV has a leg up over Bethesda's fallouts simple cause some of the guys from black isle work for obsidian  so they were more intouch with the original titles.

overall great game only boring part was farming nuka-cade tickets.

spent over 200 hours with out any mods.
Reply/Quote
I have to admit I am worried about 76. I watched 4 hours of the PC beta couple nights ago, and I don't know. Graphics wise I thought were bad. They literally 100% copy & pasted the same textures of inside buildings and homes into this game from Fallout 4. And FO4 takes place 200 years later, where this is just 20 years after the bombs. The lack of any NPCs to interact with I think is a bad move on their part, and I dont know.

Anyways I will get it eventually here, but as of now mainly just to explore and find new lore within it, hopefully there will be some enviromental storytelling which they are good at.

Oxhorn, the best Fallout lore expert on Youtube will be livestreaming today starting at 2 pm est. Others on Twitch and youtube will be streaming it as well.

If you are a fan of Fallout though, Oxhorn has a ton of great lore vids within the Fallout games. https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassyManIAm/featured

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 12:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I have to admit I am worried about 76. I watched 4 hours of the PC beta couple nights ago, and I don't know. Graphics wise I thought were bad. They literally 100% copy & pasted the same textures of inside buildings and homes into this game from Fallout 4. And FO4 takes place 200 years later, where this is just 20 years after the bombs. The lack of any NPCs to interact with I think is a bad move on their part, and I dont know.

Anyways I will get it eventually here, but as of now mainly just to explore and find new lore within it, hopefully there will be some enviromental storytelling which they are good at.

Oxhorn, the best Fallout lore expert on Youtube will be livestreaming today starting at 2 pm est. Others on Twitch and youtube will be streaming it as well.

If you are a fan of Fallout though, Oxhorn has a ton of great lore vids within the Fallout games. https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassyManIAm/featured

I know there are some LORE concerns   (like why are the brotherhood or at least power armor... and why super mutants... etc...  )  but the explanations Bethesda gave were good enough for me.

So far ive only played about 2 hours of beta.  But it felt very much like a normal fallout game for the most part. Granted I'm not very far.

Most quest I got were received by Mr Handies or a holotape or a Computer terminal.

Graphics looked like an upgrade compared to 4. especially the environment.  

but looks like there will be plenty to do...  The survival aspect.. Gotta drink water eat food etc.  Not sure if there large groups of enemies that attack at night or anything. or its just explore level and explore some more.

Time will tell.   It seems like a game that will get support and new content for a good while.. And mods and private servers are in the plans down the road. 

other players weren't an issue.   Remember when watching a stream its only as good as what your watching it on.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 12:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I have to admit I am worried about 76. I watched 4 hours of the PC beta couple nights ago, and I don't know. Graphics wise I thought were bad. They literally 100% copy & pasted the same textures of inside buildings and homes into this game from Fallout 4. And FO4 takes place 200 years later, where this is just 20 years after the bombs. The lack of any NPCs to interact with I think is a bad move on their part, and I dont know.

76 may be the first Fallout game I don't play. I spent a couple years testing MMOs (EQ, WoW and a couple others) and it just burnt me out on it. Especially when I did regular servers. Nothing like spending hours looking for a spawn only to have a group/higher level character swoop in and screw up your farming/quest. There was one guy who — just to be an ass — would macro hailing quest givers, park his character and then tie up the quest for anyone else trying to complete it. If you couldn't find a mod to boot the guy, you'd just have to wait until he got round to finishing it.

Hell, the main reason I'm 40 and still play games is so that I don't have to interact with other people.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 05:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Hell, the main reason I'm 40 and still play games is so that I don't have to interact with other people.

From my time in the Beta interacting with any other people is completely optional... Occansionally I had to wait for a terminal but that was the first day of the beta when everyone was just starting out.

MMOs are taking though its best to play them in small burst instead of straight thru. imo.   I don't play many MMOs  but the nature of this one has me giving it a chance.
Reply/Quote