Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(02-22-2019, 11:33 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I still play loads of NES Tetris, and while I have a hard time adapting to some of the new mechanics (T-spins, hold box) it is surprisingly accessible and fun. Not to mention f2p and will be updated going forward. 

I've similarly gone all-in on the switch, and while Nintendo can be a royal pain in the ass, I have no regrets thus far. If they would just give us Netflix and a halfway decent retro store I'd be set for good. 

Oh...and Metroid Prime Trilogy port since 4 was delayed. 

Oh man I love my Switch. Probably my favorite system ever, and I've been gaming for 30 years. They're definitely a stubborn company, but they're also easily the best company, IMO. Always innovating. 

So, are there any micro-transactions with Tetris, or is it entirely free? Sure seems like they're gunning for more online subs with that and the upcoming release of Mario Maker 2 (which I'm hyped for). 

And yeah, total bummer on MP4, but I would expect a Trilogy announcement soon. Throw that in with Mario Maker and the Link's Awakening remake (and a few others) and it's going to be a pretty big year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:30 AM)Stewy Wrote: Persona 5 (got this for Christmas, and have over 320 hrs in two playthroughs)
Dragon Quest 11 again
Everquest (with the wife - we both 3 box)

Didn't know EQ was still around. I was a tester for that game for years. Was a lot of fun, but such a time sink. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 01:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oh man I love my Switch. Probably my favorite system ever, and I've been gaming for 30 years. They're definitely a stubborn company, but they're also easily the best company, IMO. Always innovating. 

So, are there any micro-transactions with Tetris, or is it entirely free? Sure seems like they're gunning for more online subs with that and the upcoming release of Mario Maker 2 (which I'm hyped for). 

And yeah, total bummer on MP4, but I would expect a Trilogy announcement soon. Throw that in with Mario Maker and the Link's Awakening remake (and a few others) and it's going to be a pretty big year.

If the rumors of xbox games coming onto the switch are true I might have more reason to use my switch..
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If the rumors of xbox games coming onto the switch are true I might have more reason to use my switch..

That would be interesting. Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo has been growing at a rapid rate, so it wouldn't surprise me THAT much to see games like Halo or Forza ported to a Nintendo console at some point. The Switch as it stands isn't powerful enough for that though, unless they just port older games or indie-style stuff.

I do wonder if eventually Microsoft will focus on streaming services and software (similar to what Sega does now), seeing how the Xbox brand has clearly fallen behind the Switch and PS4. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That would be interesting. Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo has been growing at a rapid rate, so it wouldn't surprise me THAT much to see games like Halo or Forza ported to a Nintendo console at some point. The Switch as it stands isn't powerful enough for that though, unless they just port older games or indie-style stuff.

I do wonder if eventually Microsoft will focus on streaming services and software (similar to what Sega does now), seeing how the Xbox brand has clearly fallen behind the Switch and PS4. 

dude xbox isn't threatened by Nintendo and shouldn't be... The switch sells well cause its like that side piece...  You have an xbox or ps as a main and everyone has a switch lol...    This will be an xbox streaming service for the games coming to switch using their xcloud that can stream forza 4 to a smartphone.

PS4 has big named exclusives but they are barely 10 hours long then quickly forgotten... Where as the games I have on xbox play for years.

Xbox wont be going the way of sega they just purchased a bunch of game studios to strengthen their library of games.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude xbox isn't threatened by Nintendo and shouldn't be... The switch sells well cause its like that side piece...  You have an xbox or ps as a main and everyone has a switch lol...    This will be an xbox streaming service for the games coming to switch using their xcloud that can stream forza 4 to a smartphone.

PS4 has big named exclusives but they are barely 10 hours long then quickly forgotten... Where as the games I have on xbox play for years.

Xbox wont be going the way of sega they just purchased a bunch of game studios to strengthen their library of games.

Lol okay man. Didn't know I was speaking to an Xbox die-hard. I'll just say this: in only 2 years, the Switch has already sold more than the Xbox One. So shrugging it off as a "side piece" seems kinda silly at this point. That may be how you and your buds see it, but Nintendo has a very die hard fan base that you may be underestimating. 

PS4 pretty much owned this console generation, regardless of how you feel about their games (and personally, I'm not a fan). The Switch has been top dog over the last 2 years, partially due to "newness", but partially because people WANTED Nintendo to make a comeback. The Wii was a massive short term success, but the motion controls turned off the die-hard fan base. 

The Switch was a great (and novel) idea, but I truly believe any Nintendo system would've sold well as long as they dumped the motion controls and the Wii name associated with them. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros and Metroid is easily the most popular first party lineup of any console, so a comeback was pretty much inevitable. 

Maybe you're right about Xbox. I wouldn't say they're dead yet, but just the fact that they ran out and bought a bunch of IP's shows that they realized they had an issue with this generation. That's why the Xbox One was so far behind the PS4 and Switch in sales. Don't mistake me as an Xbox hater. I sincerely don't get into blind allegiance to one console or another.

I based my statements about Xbox on their poor sales compared to other consoles, all this buddy-buddy stuff with Nintendo, as well as all the rumors about Microsoft possibly leading the way (eventually) with game streaming services. They seem the most eager to move on from home consoles.
Reply/Quote
My wife and I will be welcoming Player 3 in August, so I plugged my XB1 back in to see if there is anything I wanted to play through before I toss it. Realized that I had bought Dragon Age: Inquisition during a sale and never played it.

It is kinda on the slow side for my liking, but it seems interesting with the open world and crafting. 10 years ago I might have sunk crazy hours into a game like this, but I don't know if I have the patience now.

It should hold me over until the rest of the Final Fantasy games start rolling out on switch.
Reply/Quote
Running thru Far Cry Primal at the moment pretty cool fun game... Then I noticed ubisoft put a challenge on it... Beat the game on hardest difficultly with permadeath on... That's probly gonna be a no from me.. But worth 200 ubisoft credits on uplay.
Reply/Quote
Finished Primal..

Just found out Rage 2 (preorders) will come with the voice overs from the dude that did NBA jam back in the day... This game just keeps getting better and better imho
Reply/Quote

^Rage 2 Video^

Just got my Borderlands game of the year edition in the mail.. Working on finishing up the OG version on 360 before I export my character.

Also working on Pillars of Eternity
Reply/Quote
Picked up Sekiro. Its pretty fun so far.. Like assassins creed meets dark souls
Reply/Quote
Its RAGE 2 Day..... should be a lot of fun...

just finished up Dead Island

Playing thru Life is Strange.. (weird story but engrossing)

Not very far in Sekiro but haven't put much time in either.
Reply/Quote
I only play on my Phone these days.
My 8 year old hogs the Xbox1.

So I play
Cyber Knights (by Trese Brothers) It's like Cyber Punk
Mobile Legends Bang Bang
And then my son loves Roblox so we play Dungeon Quest together on that.
Reply/Quote
Auto Chess......neat concept that seems to originate from some old school SC/WC custom maps. The one I'm playing is TeamFightTactics. I like it because I don't have to do fast clicking at my old age.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Super Mario Makes 2 looks so good. Now I just gotta get a Switch.
Reply/Quote
Been playing far cry 4 here lately..

Recently finished
Life is Strange
Life is Strange Before the storm.

Cause someone told me they were Very good. Well Life is strange was okay except 1 ending makes playing the game pointless.
Before the storm was a snorefest in my opinion...
Reply/Quote
Well FAR CRY 4 is done.

ID software just re-released Doom 1,2,3 on all current gen consoles.. PS4, Xbox1, Switch.

They did delist the 2 versions from the last gen (if your on xbox) but you can still play them thru the BFG edition of Doom 3 from last gen.

Differences so far.
New Doom 1,2 only have local multiplayer.
Doom 3 has no multiplayer.

Doom 2 last gen had a new episode
Doom 2 This gen has the master levels.

(Original Doom 3 on the OG xbox/ps2 has the doom 2 tnt and pultonia (campaigns each 32 levels long))

Only thing really missing between all of these is the newly released(after 25 years) episode 5 for Doom 1 The Sigil... Hopefully it comes as dlc some day.
Reply/Quote
They released the Remastered Bards tale Triology… The RPG games from the 80's... This should be fun
Reply/Quote
Switch is saving my butt with having a newborn.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is good. Not as good as you'd want a FE title to be though, feels a little dumbed down and easy.
Reply/Quote

Also they state Wasteland 1 (the fallout before fallout was fallout) we be getting a remaster as well.
Reply/Quote