Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-25-2019, 09:20 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Thanks! I'll probably pick them up. Been going on a real JRPG binge recently.

Played FFVIII remaster. One of the very first JRPGs I remember being old enough to really enjoy, but holy god can that game be busted from the very beginning LOL

I'm playing FF7 on switch. I could never get into FF8 or FF11.

FF7 on switch lets you go 3x battle/walk mode, so when I got outside of midgar I fought for about an hour and I feel like I have way too much gil already lol, sigh.
Reply/Quote
Finished Remnant From the Ashes (1 achievement left and about 3-4 items to hunt down for the full finish) but completed a plathru 3x

Baldurs Gate 1 2 SoD Torment and Icewind dale should be out tomorrow (hopefully tonight)

Games on my Want list remaining in 2019
Bards tale 4
New Starwars Game
Outerworlds
Reply/Quote
I never played baldur's gate. Is it a remake or the original, and is it worth a shot either way?

Just put this together, I don't know whoever said this shit is 30 minutes assembly.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I never played baldur's gate. Is it a remake or the original, and is it worth a shot either way?

Just put this together, I don't know whoever said this shit is 30 minutes assembly.

nice I might buy some of those one day.

Baldur's Gate is a remaster of the old Black Isle Studio games...  Its a top down rpg…  (kinda like diablo but more strategy than button mashing)  lots of story etc...  (its not the same as the games that came out on xbox /ps   Baldurs gate dark alliance)     Check out some videos if on the fence.

Reply/Quote
Remnant 100%
Bards tale Trilogy 100%

So I bought

Bards Tale 4
Outer Worlds.

(I seem to be leaning heavily towards rpgs lately...)
Reply/Quote
I did not buy Outer Worlds yet. A couple friends have. Can't decide if it will be better with keyboard/mouse (PC) or with a gamepad on ps4.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 10:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I did not buy Outer Worlds yet. A couple friends have. Can't decide if it will be better with keyboard/mouse (PC) or with a gamepad on ps4.

consider you can use both on a PC.... id suggest you just buy it there.

Edit: A thing to think about is Microsoft now owns Obsidian so any future games in this series if their are any will likely be Xbox-PC exclusive....
Reply/Quote
Friend and I Complete We Were Here... (took maybe 2 hours to play thru 4 times with a guide)

also we finished out Ryse Son of Rome's Multiplayer... (that level 200 looks harder than it is.... Went from 90ish to 205 in a few hours.)

and Started FRIDAY the 13th...…

also I started working on a Playthru of Planescape Torment and tinkering around with Remnant's new hardcore mode.
Reply/Quote
xbox is suppose to have a live event today announcing some new IPs and game pass games @ x019 in London.... should be live at around 3 pm EST. (probly on mixer)

wasteland 3 should be announced... (release date etc...)
and possibly halo reach release into the MCC
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 10:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I did not buy Outer Worlds yet. A couple friends have. Can't decide if it will be better with keyboard/mouse (PC) or with a gamepad on ps4.

I started it a couple of days ago. I dont know if its a current deal or a first time deal, but I got Xbox Game Pass that is normally $15 a month for $1 first month trial. 

So basically I am playing it for $1 then will cancel the Game Pass. Though there are a few games on it I wanted to play, so may keep it for one more month. The Tomb Raiders 2 & 3, Wolfenstein 2, and Dead Rising 4. That's about 200-300 $ worth of games for $16 bucks. Good deal imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I started it a couple of days ago. I dont know if its a current deal or a first time deal, but I got Xbox Game Pass that is normally $15 a month for $1 first month trial. 

So basically I am playing it for $1 then will cancel the Game Pass. Though there are a few games on it I wanted to play, so may keep it for one more month. The Tomb Raiders 2 & 3, Wolfenstein 2, and Dead Rising 4. That's about 200-300 $ worth of games for $16 bucks. Good deal imo.

over the next year FF7-15 and the yakuza games are going to game pass... and I think maybe kingdom hearts

they announced  a bunch of stuff yesterday...  But yes you ultimate game pass for a dollar should extend for as long as you had your gold prepaid for...

https://kotaku.com/everything-announced-for-xbox-one-and-pc-at-x019-1839867694

heres a link to a recap from yesterdays X019 event in London

I personally don't have it but it is a good deal... I just already have more games than time.
Reply/Quote
Anyone tried jedi fallen order?
now i need to try outer worlds and fallen order over thanksgiving. work f'd up and didn't pay a bonus i was supposed to get on 11/15. They "apologized" and will have it on the 11/30 check, was going to use that to pay for a new TV to play gamez on....have enough mula but kind of wanted to use bonus to get TV before thanksgiving festivities.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Anyone tried jedi fallen order?
now i need to try outer worlds and fallen order over thanksgiving. work f'd up and didn't pay a bonus i was supposed to get on 11/15. They "apologized" and will have it on the 11/30 check, was going to use that to pay for a new TV to play gamez on....have enough mula but kind of wanted to use bonus to get TV before thanksgiving festivities.

haven't played it but a reviews say its like a mix of God of War /  Dark Souls  / Assassins Creed.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Anyone tried jedi fallen order?

I’ve started it and am probably about halfway through.  I’ve seen it described as part Dark Souls, part Uncharted.  I can’t speak to the former, but I can definitely see the influence of the latter, particularly in the cinematic feel and seamless transitions to and from cutscenes.  It’s a little less linear, though.  You never go back to the same place twice in Uncharted, but here there’s a bit of a Metroid feel, inasmuch as you often can’t access certain areas until you’ve augmented your abilities.  That ends up making for a lot of backtracking, but it's all incorporated into the story, so it feels natural.    

All in all, I like it a lot and look forward to completing the story.  
Reply/Quote
Saturday Morning RPG (best 74 cents I've ever spent)
Northgard
Astral Chain
Waiting on Outer Worlds to come to Switch in February
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
just picked up Ghostbusters Remastered and probly grabing either MK 11 or Injustice 2...

but been playing Friday the 13th. // Quantom Break // And have a group of 4 running thru dying light.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 03:56 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’ve started it and am probably about halfway through.  I’ve seen it described as part Dark Souls, part Uncharted.  I can’t speak to the former, but I can definitely see the influence of the latter, particularly in the cinematic feel and seamless transitions to and from cutscenes.  It’s a little less linear, though.  You never go back to the same place twice in Uncharted, but here there’s a bit of a Metroid feel, inasmuch as you often can’t access certain areas until you’ve augmented your abilities.  That ends up making for a lot of backtracking, but it's all incorporated into the story, so it feels natural.    

All in all, I like it a lot and look forward to completing the story.  

OK, I will purchase it based on this review. I don't think I will like dark souls part (I heard that game was very hard). Too much stars wars happening at once these days, the VR game is on episode 3 and already falling behind on the mandalorian.

I started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on switch, the graphics are pretty good for Nintendo. I never played other LM games, this seems fun, didn't know there would be puzzles. Only seen people speed run it and they're just eating up ghosts for no reason, thought that was all there is.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 11:45 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: OK, I will purchase it based on this review. I don't think I will like dark souls part (I heard that game was very hard). Too much stars wars happening at once these days, the VR game is on episode 3 and already falling behind on the mandalorian.

I started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on switch, the graphics are pretty good for Nintendo. I never played other LM games, this seems fun, didn't know there would be puzzles. Only seen people speed run it and they're just eating up ghosts for no reason, thought that was all there is.

It has dark souls aspects...     IE.  Sitting at the "save" points respawns enemies and you can level up there...      If you die you have to hit the enemy that killed you to recover your souls(or whatever its called in this game) but calling dark souls hard I don't think is correct... Its not forgiving but once you get the game its just your own mistakes that kill you.

Unlike dark souls it has difficulty settings so you can just play thru on story mode with out much of a challenge if you want.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 11:45 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: OK, I will purchase it based on this review. I don't think I will like dark souls part (I heard that game was very hard). Too much stars wars happening at once these days, the VR game is on episode 3 and already falling behind on the mandalorian.

I had it on the next to easiest level and I did okay.  There were a couple of bosses that I didn't have the patience to figure out, so I put those on the easiest level to advance the story.  
Reply/Quote
I have an older GTX 1080 PC being unused so I'm thinking of plugging it into a TV to play fallen order and outer worlds. I'm planning on buying an LG C9 65", I wish the 77" was cheaper, over double the price.

I read LG C9 has GSYNC now but only for RTX cards. Not sure how it will look with my 1080 but guessing it will have better frame rate than an XBOX One X or PS4 pro.
Reply/Quote