Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
So I got bored and decided to give my recent "disappointments" another shot. I beat RE Biohazard (finally beating Jack was the catalyst, game was relatively fun from there on out. I'm presently playing through Village, which is the better of the two gameplay wise but I feel like Biohazard was the better "scare" (so far). I'm also giving BG3 another shot to impress me, slowly working my way through Act 1 on Balanced difficulty. I just can't bring myself to play it (or anything, really) on Easy mode.

PS+ Extra just added Tiny Tina's Wonderlands to their catalog so I've been getting my looter-shooter fix there. Had it on PS4 Pro when it released and I LOVE the Borderlands games. It's xplay (initially it wasn't?) so I can play with my XB friends. If anyone has a Shift account and wants to add me, hit me up and we can exchange I.D.s!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:13 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So I got bored and decided to give my recent "disappointments" another shot. I beat RE Biohazard (finally beating Jack was the catalyst, game was relatively fun from there on out. I'm presently playing through Village, which is the better of the two gameplay wise but I feel like Biohazard was the better "scare" (so far). I'm also giving BG3 another shot to impress me, slowly working my way through Act 1 on Balanced difficulty. I just can't bring myself to play it (or anything, really) on Easy mode.

PS+ Extra just added Tiny Tina's Wonderlands to their catalog so I've been getting my looter-shooter fix there. Had it on PS4 Pro when it released and I LOVE the Borderlands games. It's xplay (initially it wasn't?) so I can play with my XB friends. If anyone has a Shift account and wants to add me, hit me up and we can exchange I.D.s!

yeah i believe its cross platform and gen....   

Glad your Money spent hasnt completely gone to waste.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:13 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So I got bored and decided to give my recent "disappointments" another shot. I beat RE Biohazard (finally beating Jack was the catalyst, game was relatively fun from there on out. I'm presently playing through Village, which is the better of the two gameplay wise but I feel like Biohazard was the better "scare" (so far). I'm also giving BG3 another shot to impress me, slowly working my way through Act 1 on Balanced difficulty. I just can't bring myself to play it (or anything, really) on Easy mode.

Watch some combat tutorials and Youtube and respec ShadowHeart into Cleric Life Domain, that might change your healing value by a lot. But to be fair, the most difficult levels are the first ones. Until you reach level 4, you can strategize a lot more. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 07:37 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Watch some combat tutorials and Youtube and respec ShadowHeart into Cleric Life Domain, that might change your healing value by a lot. But to be fair, the most difficult levels are the first ones. Until you reach level 4, you can strategize a lot more. 
Not gonna lie, it's already been uninstalled yet again. I just couldn't get into it. Couldn't even make it outta Act 1. D&D games aren't for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:13 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So I got bored and decided to give my recent "disappointments" another shot. I beat RE Biohazard (finally beating Jack was the catalyst, game was relatively fun from there on out. I'm presently playing through Village, which is the better of the two gameplay wise but I feel like Biohazard was the better "scare" (so far). I'm also giving BG3 another shot to impress me, slowly working my way through Act 1 on Balanced difficulty. I just can't bring myself to play it (or anything, really) on Easy mode.

Sucks about BG3….thats the way it goes though I guess.

What style/genre is your cup of tea?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 06:08 PM)basballguy Wrote: Sucks about BG3….thats the way it goes though I guess.

What style/genre is your cup of tea?
I don't really have a specific genre but I gravitate towards stuff like Borderlands looter-shooters, single player role playing games like Final Fantasy (also played their mmorpg FFXI and FFXIV for many, many years), action stuff like God of War, the newer Square Enix versions of Tomb Raider, open world stuff like Assassin's Creed (I have yet to play Valhalla, and I NEED to, I really enjoyed the RPG aspects of Odyssey and Origins.) Metroidvanias are a lot of fun, Hollow Knight is incredible.

I used to enjoy Madden until it became a yearly lazy copy and paste with their focus on microtransactions and MUT. Haven't cared for basketball games or golf in a long time. Racing either. Although I was tempted to get Gran Turismo 7 while it was on sale. Might do pull the trigger next time I see it hit a sale.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 07:54 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I don't really have a specific genre but I gravitate towards stuff like Borderlands looter-shooters, single player role playing games like Final Fantasy (also played their mmorpg FFXI and FFXIV for many, many years), action stuff like God of War, the newer Square Enix versions of Tomb Raider, open world stuff like Assassin's Creed (I have yet to play Valhalla, and I NEED to, I really enjoyed the RPG aspects of  Odyssey and Origins.) Metroidvanias are a lot of fun, Hollow Knight is incredible.

I used to enjoy Madden until it became a yearly lazy copy and paste with their focus on microtransactions and MUT. Haven't cared for basketball games or golf in a long time. Racing either. Although I was tempted to get Gran Turismo 7 while it was on sale. Might do pull the trigger next time I see it hit a sale.

I really enjoyed Valhalla... A ton to do.    Playing thru Rise of the tomb raider right now believe im reaching the end of it.

Have you tried the First dying light game?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I really enjoyed Valhalla... A ton to do.    Playing thru Rise of the tomb raider right now believe im reaching the end of it.

I liked Valhalla but Orgins is still my favorite Assassins Creed title with AS2 coming in a close second.

To be fair I have Mirage and haven't played it yet but my free month is coming up soon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I really enjoyed Valhalla... A ton to do.    Playing thru Rise of the tomb raider right now believe im reaching the end of it.

Meh @ most zombie survival games. You play one, you've played them all, in my opinion. Had a buddy try and talk me into Back 4 Blood...(long-winded shart-noise). CoD Zombies? (equally obnoxious, but much smellier shart-noise) . Resident Evils are decent to good, but thats about where my zombie stuff starts and stops.

I recently attempted another go at FF7R. Everything is exceptional except the combat. The combat takes all the fun out of the game. This is the issue with 15 as well. I won't play 16 because I'm betting it has this same shitty system in place. Certainly glad I didn't spend money on this nostalgia-grab, it's on PS+ Extra. Dear Square Enix....STOP IT. Stop trying to move your best game series to action-RPG. All flash, little substance, the NEW Square Enix!

I know I've been burnt here recently with buying NEW games, but that new Prince of Persia looks dope AF. Metroidvania x Souls-like. Anyone play it yet? It's $50 so I'm leary how much content it has, but I've had some good luck w Ubisoft games. Loved The Division 1-2, the AC games, Immortals Fenyx Rising, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I liked Valhalla but Orgins is still my favorite Assassins Creed title with AS2 coming in a close second.

To be fair I have Mirage and haven't played it yet but my free month is coming up soon.
Mirage was a lot of fun, if a tad short. But they added a NG+ mode and a perma-death mode to give it some replayability but I haven't been back since I beat it. I have three trophies left to platinum it and one of them involves me restarting. I'll eventually get back to it.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:44 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Meh @ most zombie survival games. You play one, you've played them all, in my opinion. Had a buddy try and talk me into Back 4 Blood...(long-winded shart-noise). CoD Zombies? (equally obnoxious, but much smellier shart-noise) . Resident Evils are decent to good, but thats about where my zombie stuff starts and stops.

I recently attempted another go at FF7R.  Everything is exceptional except the combat. The combat takes all the fun out of the game. This is the issue with 15 as well. I won't play 16 because I'm betting it has this same shitty system in place. Certainly glad I didn't spend money on this nostalgia-grab, it's on PS+ Extra. Dear Square Enix....STOP IT. Stop trying to move your best game series to action-RPG. All flash, little substance, the NEW Square Enix!

I know I've been burnt here recently with buying NEW games, but that new Prince of Persia looks dope AF. Metroidvania x Souls-like. Anyone play it yet? It's $50 so I'm leary how much content it has, but I've had some good luck w Ubisoft games. Loved The Division 1-2, the AC games, Immortals Fenyx Rising,  etc.

i hear good things about Prince of Persia.    

But most ubisoft titles go on sale within 3 months if you can wait abit 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:44 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I know I've been burnt here recently with buying NEW games, but that new Prince of Persia looks dope AF. Metroidvania x Souls-like. Anyone play it yet? It's $50 so I'm leary how much content it has, but I've had some good luck w Ubisoft games. Loved The Division 1-2, the AC games, Immortals Fenyx Rising,  etc.

Just learned about Prince of Persia today. There's a demo and will certainly be checking it out. With any metroidvania the movement is really what makes or breaks the game and this one looks like it checks all the boxes. 

Edit: Apparently you cannot play the demo unless you sign up for a Ubisoft account. Hard pass.

Edit to my edit: Apparently you can wait out the sign up demand. Still a-hole design. Not a great first impression.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 04:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Just learned about Prince of Persia today. There's a demo and will certainly be checking it out. With any metroidvania the movement is really what makes or breaks the game and this one looks like it checks all the boxes. 

Edit: Apparently you cannot play the demo unless you sign up for a Ubisoft account. Hard pass.

Edit to my edit: Apparently you can wait out the sign up demand. Still a-hole design. Not a great first impression.

Nothing wrong with an ubisoft account you earn extra stuff for their games by playing their games.
Reply/Quote
Pal-world taking the gaming world by storm despite only being early access.. It looks like it combines aspects of Ark Survival / Minecraft / Pokemon and mess them together

It has sold over 8 mil copies on steam so far.in 5 days i believe the last tally was... (is only 27$)

Not a game for me but have any of you played it? one of my friends seems addicted already lol
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I liked Valhalla but Orgins is still my favorite Assassins Creed title with AS2 coming in a close second.

As someone who plays all the AC games Mirage didn't excite me much...  I like the new formats.  but will pick it up eventually when i can get a good sale.

I agree Origins was fantastic especially its Living World...  (i havent played much of Odyssey yet. so not sure how that one compares fully)

I think overall Blackflag is still #1 for me    
Reply/Quote
Hades 2 appears to have been announced

https://www.gamesradar.com/hades-2-guide/#:~:text=Hades%202%20is%20a%20direct,to%20Hades%20and%20his%20brothers.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Finished playthrough of Rise of the Tomb Raider... Still holds up extremely well

Somehow ended up back in Diablo 2 Resurrected
And still playing HotWheels unleashed
Reply/Quote
Sony State of play is Scheduled for tomorrow 1/31 @ 5PM (Est)

on Playstations youtube channel.
Reply/Quote
State of Play had some good games shown...

https://www.theverge.com/24055776/playstation-state-of-play-january-2024-sony

Ones that stood out to me were Dragons Dogma 2, Helldivers 2, Silent hill 2 remake (timed exclusive)

Another State of play 2/6 for FF7R part 2
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 11:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: As someone who plays all the AC games Mirage didn't excite me much...  I like the new formats.  but will pick it up eventually when i can get a good sale.

I agree Origins was fantastic especially its Living World...  (i havent played much of Odyssey yet. so not sure how that one compares fully)

I think overall Blackflag is still #1 for me    
Odyssey, to me, was the perfect mix of Origins and Black Flag. My favorite in the series (I have yet to play Valhalla)!
Reply/Quote