Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(11-22-2019, 12:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It has dark souls aspects...     IE.  Sitting at the "save" points respawns enemies and you can level up there...      If you die you have to hit the enemy that killed you to recover your souls(or whatever its called in this game)  but calling dark souls hard I don't think is correct... Its not forgiving but once you get the game its just your own mistakes that kill you.

Unlike dark souls it has difficulty settings so you can just play thru on story mode with out much of a challenge if you want.

Unfortunately in today's day and age of video games that are more cinematic experiences than gameplay challenges, calling a game "dark souls like" pretty much just means "you have to pay attention while you play."

I'm still playing through Fire Emblem 3 Houses on my first "maddening" difficulty playthrough. Some might call it "dark souls esque"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:58 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Unfortunately in today's day and age of video games that are more cinematic experiences than gameplay challenges, calling a game "dark souls like" pretty much just means "you have to pay attention while you play."

I'm still playing through Fire Emblem 3 Houses on my first "maddening" difficulty playthrough. Some might call it "dark souls esque"

the phrase dark souls like is extremely overused... and can be used just to say hey this game is hard lol....

Most games are far off the mark but its a good sales tactic I guess
Reply/Quote
If we want to play hard game, just play NES games, where there is no programmed lag adjustment since they were played on CRT, 0ms response time. Zelda 1 suddenly is much tougher than I remembered even on low lag set.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we want to play hard game, just play NES games, where there is no programmed lag adjustment since they were played on CRT, 0ms response time. Zelda 1 suddenly is much tougher than I remembered even on low lag set.

Not to mention that games back then were designed to mimic arcade games, which were designed to milk quarters out of you.

I still think the Dr Wily stages of Mega Man 2, Ghosts and Goblins, and the Ninja Gaiden NES games are still some of the toughest I've ever played.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think we were also just worse back then..I booted up MegaMan 2 and got farther than I should have. Same with ninja gaiden. Still can't beat those easily. Same with battletoads.

I went to buy an LG C9, left with a Samsung Q90R. The brightness on this thing is amazing. Haven't tried it with a game yet.
Reply/Quote
Been playing Crusader Kings 2 lately. Gave it a shot once before but it didn't stick because of the UI being a bit overwhelming. This second try though has been amazing and I can really see why people praise it so much.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know of any good 4 player local coop games I should play over Thanksgiving? (Switch or PS4, I don't have an XBOX ONE X but could get one if there was something fun).

We tried smash brothers on switch with 6+ players and it was confusing lol. I'd like to try some Switch games too.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 08:22 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone know of any good 4 player local coop games I should play over Thanksgiving? (Switch or PS4, I don't have an XBOX ONE X but could get one if there was something fun).

We tried smash brothers on switch with 6+ players and it was confusing lol. I'd like to try some Switch games too.

if you want a game that will cause many emotions get  overcooked lol
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 08:22 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone know of any good 4 player local coop games I should play over Thanksgiving? (Switch or PS4, I don't have an XBOX ONE X but could get one if there was something fun).

Overcooked
Castle Crashers
Diablo III
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Overcooked
Castle Crashers
Diablo III

not sure diablo 3 can do 4 via 1 console.... but it might.
Reply/Quote

Mario Kart 8 is always fun with friends/family. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm having fun with Outer Worlds. I didn't play any Fallouts but I did play Mass Effect before this. The text is pretty small, I did the config hack and "large text" config setting in the UI but it's still tough to play 17ft away.

We played Overcooked (2 players), it was pretty fun.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind playing cards with folks from this board on occasion. We could all play Texas Holdem with the PokerTH https://www.pokerth.net/download game if anyone's interested. Available for most systems..Windows, Mac and Linux along with an older android version..I have the Linux version.. It can be password protected so we could set it up specifically for this board, but there's other games out there we could all play on several other card game sites. I'm kind of partial to playing hearts and sometimes spades.. 
Anyone? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
for anyone that picked up the Recently released DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 on xbox/ps/switch

They will be adding Doom 1 Episode 5 Sigil (2018)
Doom 2 No rest for the Living (was on the last gen version)
Doom 2 Final Doom

For free soon

Doom 64 launches with Doom eternal 3/20/20
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 02:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: for anyone that picked up the Recently released DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 on xbox/ps/switch

They will be adding Doom 1 Episode 5 Sigil (2018)
Doom 2 No rest for the Living   (was on the last gen version)
Doom 2  Final Doom

For free soon

Doom 64 launches with Doom eternal 3/20/20

I Love me some classic Doom, but have never gotten used to playing it on console.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 03:21 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I Love me some classic Doom, but have never gotten used to playing it on console.

controller is much different than playing on the keyboards.  (and not having cheat codes lol) Doom was a lot harder than I remembered hahahaha
Reply/Quote
Finished Ghostbuserters Remastered.... Picked up Zombie army trilogy.

About 2 levels left on my LASO run of halo Reach
Reply/Quote
LASO is done..

started up star wars fallen order. pretty fun... Dark soulish combat with darksiders world exploration.... (can play on easy... if the Dark souls part scares you lol)
Reply/Quote
Anyone else playing Payday 2?

I've held off playing this game because I don't want to get sucked back into FPS's but I succumbed to to the call and started playing it about two weeks ago.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 05:14 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Anyone else playing Payday 2?

I've held off playing this game because I don't want to get sucked back into FPS's but I succumbed to to the call and started playing it about two weeks ago.

I have a copy of the 360 but never got around to playing it. (might have been payday 1 idk)
Reply/Quote