Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-22-2024, 12:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Been there done that Star Wars Empire at War. 

Also heard Star Wars Outlaws from Ubisoft is going to be single player season pass kinda crap.

Edit: Also I love the Total War games lol.

i must have missed Empire at War...

Star Wars outlaws is the standard ubisoft setup...   Main game plus Season pass for DLC (Basically a DLC bundle)...        (not the seasonal battle passes many games have now)

Not sure what's coming in their Season pass at least 2 Expansion/Dlcs i would suspect....    Some games in the past have included remasters of older titles thought not sure what they have to pair with Starwars atm. (Farcry 5 gave us Farcry 3 remaster, Farcry 6 gave us Blooddragon remaster...)

Avatar was set up the same way and  Assassins Creed Shadows will be similar price points and set up.

That being said they are pricey as hell for the Legendary editions. If i pick any of these up day 1 its usually just the base game then i wait for the season pass to go on sale.

I am wait and see on the StarWars game myself.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bethesda just restructured to potentially make more fallout faster.. So we will see.

It will be interesting to see how many of the staff are retained from their closed studios.  Closing studios without retaining and re-directing the staff doesn't help Bethesda's core games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 01:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: It will be interesting to see how many of the staff are retained from their closed studios.  Closing studios without retaining and re-directing the staff doesn't help Bethesda's core games.

One of the studios was Merged into Zenimax online because they were basically supporting it anyways.

Tango was down to a skeleton crew from what i heard.   But maybe they restructure into a smaller online only studio (remote work) 

I havent heard of job losses yet  so will have to wait and see how they handle it.

I Believe Bethesda has a studio in austin so maybe the arkane austin folks slide over there.
Reply/Quote
Had a long weekend...

Finished my Evil difficulty run on Evil west... But it didnt give me credit so i gotta do it again lol.

played and 100% Hellblade 2. Its short about 8 hours or so depending on how you play.. The audio and the Visual are good. Combat is a little better than the first. But mostly you are just walking or looking at the views. 3/5 title for me. No replay value. I don't recommend for full price. (your mileage may differ)

Finished Harolds Halibut..

not much coming between now and Elden ring dlc.
Reply/Quote
i believe i saw there is a Playstation state of play today at 6pm... enjoy
Reply/Quote
Here is the upcoming Showcase Schedule events start thursday

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/summer-game-fest-2024-schedule
Reply/Quote
Guerrilla Collect starts now and Summer Game fest is tomorrow...

Xbox showcase this sunday set for around 2 hours with 30ish games.. (not including the CoD Direct afterwards)

Rumors of a HandHeld being revealed...
Reply/Quote
No handheld but 3 new versions of the existing consoles.

highlights for me
Doom Dark Ages
Fallout 76 Expansion
Starfield Shattered Space DLC
Diablo 4 Expansion trailer
Flight sim 24
Gears E-Day

Call of duty Black ops 6 new movement system looks interesting.
Reply/Quote
I'll just leave this here

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 03:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'll just leave this here

Interestingly, many DA fans are losing their minds due to the graphics.  It's a friggin Cinematic Trailer intended to introduce the characters/companions.  Not gameplay footage.  People are like "oh no it's a cartoon!"  "It looks like Overwatch!" - I don't care.  I don't play DA/Bioware games for the graphics.

Gameplay Reveal Trailer (15 minutes) Tuesday June 11th 8am PST
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No handheld but 3 new versions of the existing consoles.

highlights for me
Doom Dark Ages
Fallout 76 Expansion
Starfield Shattered Space DLC
Diablo 4 Expansion trailer
Flight sim 24
Gears E-Day

Call of duty Black ops 6 new movement system looks interesting.

I'm looking forward to Flight Sim '24
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Diablo 4 expansion. Lol. I wonder how long THAT will be broken and laggy? If they'll double down on the suck and with a straight face, charge $40+ for it. This is the MicroActiBlizz Way.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 03:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: Interestingly, many DA fans are losing their minds due to the graphics.  It's a friggin Cinematic Trailer intended to introduce the characters/companions.  Not gameplay footage.  People are like "oh no it's a cartoon!"  "It looks like Overwatch!" - I don't care.  I don't play DA/Bioware games for the graphics.

Gameplay Reveal Trailer (15 minutes) Tuesday June 11th 8am PST

well if anything Cinematic footage should look even better...      i think i mostly don't like the change in playstyle so ill avoid till super cheap.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 05:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Diablo 4 expansion. Lol. I wonder how long THAT will be broken and laggy? If they'll double down on the suck and with a straight face, charge $40+ for it. This is the MicroActiBlizz Way.

When game prices went up sadly DLC did too... Elden ring dlc 40     Diablo 4 35...  Cyberpunk 30   if there is enough content ill be overall okay with it (and wait for a sale in most cases) but you could also basically just buy a new/different game.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 08:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if anything Cinematic footage should look even better...      i think i mostly don't like the change in playstyle so ill avoid till super cheap.

I'll wait for the gameplay reveal today to make a judgement.  It's day 1 gamepass, so no buying necessary to start.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 09:20 AM)Stewy Wrote: I'll wait for the gameplay reveal today to make a judgement.  It's day 1 gamepass, so no buying necessary to start.

Dragon age 4 is gamepass day 1? i must missed that i know most EA Games get there about 6 months in. thru ea play
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 08:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if anything Cinematic footage should look even better...      i think i mostly don't like the change in playstyle so ill avoid till super cheap.

I'm kind of glad I held off on D4. Can purchase the base game plus expansion for the same price as Day 1 release. Nowadays there are many games that need that extra time to work out the glitches anyways through updates and patches.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dragon age 4 is gamepass day 1? i must missed that i know most EA Games get there about 6 months in. thru ea play

Maybe I'm wrong.  Saw a lot of trailers yesterday.  lol
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 12:36 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm kind of glad I held off on D4. Can purchase the base game plus expansion for the same price as Day 1 release. Nowadays there are many games that need that extra time to work out the glitches anyways through updates and patches.

thats what i did with Mortal Kombat 11  waiting till i got everything at or below launch price probably saved me 100$
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 12:36 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm kind of glad I held off on D4. Can purchase the base game plus expansion for the same price as Day 1 release. Nowadays there are many games that need that extra time to work out the glitches anyways through updates and patches.
I wish I'd have held off. I enjoyed the story and the gameplay, but about two weeks in they did an update that made it unplayable with lag and rubber banding. In-game simple functions (opening a menu) causing many PC players' high-end graphics cards to overheat and brick. With little to no interaction from MicroActiBlizz. All the while, "adding" new microtransactions to the store and working on "future content" rather than fixing the mess they created. Then, to further slap pre-orderers and Day 1 Launch customers who paid retail price (imagine wasting $100 on the "Utimate Edition" as a pre-order) they made the game available on Game Pass within its first couple months.

I'm just thankful I traded it in at GameStop when it still held high value, and I'm also thankful I'm not a PC player, because with MY luck, I would have been one of those who's $1000+ GPU got bricked!
Reply/Quote