Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Currently 60 hours into Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) 7 and I'm not even halfway through the game yet Wink.

Phenomenal game, easily top 5 in the series, if not top 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:26 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm having fun with Outer Worlds. I didn't play any Fallouts but I did play Mass Effect before this. The text is pretty small, I did the config hack and "large text" config setting in the UI but it's still tough to play 17ft away.

We played Overcooked (2 players), it was pretty fun.

I got Outer Worlds for Christmas.  Played through it twice.

The combat is funny.  It is SO limited in what you can do yourself.  You have no abilities, but you can control your companions abilities.  However, the combat is so satisfying that I was halfway through my second play-through before I clearly realized, all one can do is shoot or melee the entire game.

One of the few games I've played where companions not only don't suck, but are almost essential.

Can't wait for the sequel/add on/expansion/DLC.

Currently and finally getting around to playing Witcher 3.  Tried to start it at least 6-8 times and never got past White Orchard.  Wow is this game huge and beautiful.  But that is the least of the good in this game.  

To me the quest system is the best I've every experienced.  I've done dozens of quests, side, contracts, treasure hunts and only rarely does one feel like a quest mechanic has been repeated aside from Monster Hunts.  But still they did such a great job of using the Witcher Senses to even make monster hunts seem varied.

I'm level 23 and enjoying every minute.  I can see now why it's called the greatest RPG of all time by so many.

Combat
Sidestep Dodge + Alternaive Quen + Yrden Traps
fun fun fun

Didn't find out about alternative sign usage until like level 21 (hangs head in shame).....would have made my early game much easier.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 02:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: I got Outer Worlds for Christmas.  Played through it twice.

The combat is funny.  It is SO limited in what you can do yourself.  You have no abilities, but you can control your companions abilities.  However, the combat is so satisfying that I was halfway through my second play-through before I clearly realized, all one can do is shoot or melee the entire game.

One of the few games I've played where companions not only don't suck, but are almost essential.

Can't wait for the sequel/add on/expansion/DLC.

Currently and finally getting around to playing Witcher 3.  Tried to start it at least 6-8 times and never got past White Orchard.  Wow is this game huge and beautiful.  But that is the least of the good in this game.  

To me the quest system is the best I've every experienced.  I've done dozens of quests, side, contracts, treasure hunts and only rarely does one feel like a quest mechanic has been repeated aside from Monster Hunts.  But still they did such a great job of using the Witcher Senses to even make monster hunts seem varied.

I'm level 23 and enjoying every minute.  I can see now why it's called the greatest RPG of all time by so many.

Combat
Sidestep Dodge + Alternaive Quen + Yrden Traps
fun fun fun

Didn't find out about alternative sign usage until like level 21 (hangs head in shame).....would have made my early game much easier.

nice witcher 3 is still something I need to get too..

Running thru DOOM 2016 again right now cleaning up anything I missed before eternal drops next week.

My Backlog Of Epic RPGs is growing.. Soon ill have to take the plunge.
Reply/Quote
Got Animal Crossing for wife an I to escape reality at night. In other words, I lost my switch.

Diablo III is a great time killer, picked it back up for season 20. I've played maybe 7 seasons (brother and some buddies needed a support) and had never played wizard. Pretty fun.

Picked up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night as it was on sale. I love me a metroidvania, so once I heard that the defects got patched on the switch I picked it up. If I can bargain with my wife to play is the only question.

I'm not a game developer, so this is said completely out of ignorance, but I wonder if it would be possible for them to move up some of the release dates while everyone is cooped up. Really looking forward to the Trials of Mana remake (the original was a top 10 jrpg in the 16 bit era). Shame it drops on the 24th.
Reply/Quote
I don't get to game much anymore. It can easily be 6 months or more without playing my PS4 (Netflix gets used fairly regularly) Recently I downloaded South Park The Fractured But Whole and have been playing it at every opportunity I get. As far as game play goes it's boring, but the story keeps me cracking up...
Reply/Quote
IRacing, I have been playing a lot lately. I was put on 14 day quarantine because I had all the symptoms except for shortness of breath for Corona.
Reply/Quote
whats everyone playing now

Been working thru a ton of games recently.
Doom expansion
Remnant expansion
Deponia series
Mad max
Mk11
Red dead 2 online side

Thinking I'm going to finally start breaking into my rpgs.

Mass effect or baldurs gate is probly next for me
Reply/Quote
lots of little interesting games coming soon

Spiritual successor to Left for Dead called Back for Blood.

And now theres a HOT WHEELS game where you race and can build tracks coming this year.

Diablo 2 is coming to console.
Reply/Quote
They announced an open world Pokémon game this morning. That could be brilliant if done well.

Scratched my Super Metroid itch. Really want to play the Prime Trilogy but I'm too lazy to dig out my Wii U and Nintendo are being buttmunches and not porting it to Switch.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 02:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: They announced an open world Pokémon game this morning. That could be brilliant if done well.

Scratched my Super Metroid itch. Really want to play the Prime Trilogy but I'm too lazy to dig out my Wii U and Nintendo are being buttmunches and not porting it to Switch.

thats weird nintendo is usually all about porting games and recharging full price.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats weird nintendo is usually all about porting games and recharging full price.

Right!?!?! And honestly for Metroid I'd pay it LOL

They're probably sitting on it until Metroid Prime 4 gets closer to release and they'll use the trilogy to build up hype.
Reply/Quote
Modest Mouse.

But if you’re old school... and haven’t heard it in a while ... check out LLCOOLJ’s ‘I’m Bad’. If it doesn’t take your breath away after all these years- then you’re a corps.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Check out a band/group/solo called Two Feet. The song is called ‘Go FVck Yourself’. You’ll like it.
Reply/Quote
Also- a band call Rumspringa. The song is called ... ‘shake em loose tonight’. The (video) version in the wharehouse is the best- but ANY version is better than no version.
Reply/Quote
And here I was thinking that Xeno and I were gonna have more company. Cry
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 01:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: And here I was thinking that Xeno and I were gonna have more company. Cry

2’s a crowd
Reply/Quote
And also a guy named Stephen Malkmus is a guitar GOD- no joke. He is Pavement (that’s a band named Pavement). Avant-garde.... but absolutely incredible music. Influenced by a band called Can. I’d be interested if any of you delinquents offered your ear.
Reply/Quote
Still funky but chunky;

A band called Built to Spill ... I mean ...if you like musac ...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 12:53 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Modest Mouse.

But if you’re old school... and haven’t heard it in a while ... check out LLCOOLJ’s ‘I’m Bad’. If it doesn’t take your breath away after all these years- then you’re a corps.

This isnt the music thread dude... you're in the wrong spot

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-are-you-listening-to-v2-0?pid=988807#pid988807
Reply/Quote
I've found a new appreciation for Rouge-likes. Great for the short spurts (30 min or so usually) of playing that I do. Pick up, have a few runs, put down.

Playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac recently.
Reply/Quote