Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Starting over...  But what games are you playing now...  Or anything gaming related you want to talk about that doesn't need its own thread

Recently I finished up (100% of achievements)

Mortal Kombat X
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls ((w/Necromancer))
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin
Back to the Future *Tell Tale
Korgan *Free Prologue on xbox

Currently working on finishing up
Assassins Creed Black Flag X1 
Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut
Dead Rising 2/2 OTR

And still grinding away occansionally at Gears 4   (need new achievements and more coming in the fall)

Planning on going back and finishing up Fallout 4 sooner than later (have 4 months left till Fallout 76)
Reply/Quote
I've been playing Madden 18 (I'm jonesing for football, lol). Also playing Rory McIroys Golf with the wife.

Hey Xeno, has there been anymore additions to XBOX backward compatible games from the original console?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I refuse to recognize this thread until it is dubbed the "Video Games Your (sic) Playing Now" thread.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 03:08 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I refuse to recognize this thread until it is dubbed the "Video Games Your (sic) Playing Now" thread.

I know losing an old friend always hurts...  But sometimes you have to move on and let the healing process begin
Reply/Quote
Mário Tennis is deceivingly fun. 80% rip-off at a 60 dollar price point, but gameplay is airtight save 2 characters.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Octopath Traveler tomorrow. That will have my attention for a good while.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 08:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Mário Tennis is deceivingly fun. 80% rip-off at a 60 dollar price point, but gameplay is airtight save 2 characters.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Octopath Traveler tomorrow. That will have my attention for a good while.

let us know how it is... people keep talking about it but I have no clue what that is.

I have a switch now as I bought one for my wife.

Agree on the 80% rip off  how I felt on cart and odyssey.  But eh the wife was entertained
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 09:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: let us know how it is... people keep talking about it but I have no clue what that is.

I have a switch now as I bought one for my wife.

Agree on the 80% rip off  how I felt on cart and odyssey.  But eh the wife was entertained

I'd disagree on calling 60 bucks a rip off for Odyssey and Mario Kart. Both of those have plenty of single player content, unlockables and multiplayer content.

Mario Tennis has about a 1hr Single Player adventure mode, zero unlockables and an overall very shallow single player mode. The gameplay and online tournaments are great though. I guess it's just the state of gaming where games are rarely worth the 60 dollar price nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 10:25 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd disagree on calling 60 bucks a rip off for Odyssey and Mario Kart. Both of those have plenty of single player content, unlockables and multiplayer content.

Mario Tennis has about a 1hr Single Player adventure mode, zero unlockables and an overall very shallow single player mode. The gameplay and online tournaments are great though. I guess it's just the state of gaming where games are rarely worth the 60 dollar price nowadays.

If they were brand new just for the switch games sure but they were both ports I believe from an older system.   I agree I rarely pay full price for games anymore as I have plenty to play already and usually only buy games day 1 if I will drop everything to play it.

I saw kart is a ripoff at that price just because its like every other Mario kart before it.  But that's me I wont be putting 60 hours into it but if my wife does then its all good.  ill probly play odyssey at some point..

The disappointing thing for me was I wanted to play older games on the switch. and they aren't there.  cant even use Netflix on it.
of the 3 games we have on the switch
Kart
Odyssey and
Fallout Shelter..  Shelter is easily my favorite.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If they were brand new just for the switch games sure but they were both ports I believe from an older system.   I agree I rarely pay full price for games anymore as I have plenty to play already and usually only buy games day 1 if I will drop everything to play it.

I saw kart is a ripoff at that price just because its like every other Mario kart before it.  But that's me I wont be putting 60 hours into it but if my wife does then its all good.  ill probly play odyssey at some point..

The disappointing thing for me was I wanted to play older games on the switch. and they aren't there.  cant even use Netflix on it.
of the 3 games we have on the switch
Kart
Odyssey and
Fallout Shelter..  Shelter is easily my favorite.

Odyssey is a new game.

Kart was a "deluxe" version that was the base game, all the DLC and a few new features. Pretty standard stuff in today's industry, the merits of which are debatable.

Switch is pretty behind in the software department. They have Hulu, which is nice, but Netflix should be a pretty basic thing to have on the system.

They'll be releasing some classic games with the online service that goes live, but no word yet as to the robust virtual console that the wii had.
Reply/Quote
Octopath Traveler is amazing. If you enjoy traditional turn-based jrpgs, it's a must get.
Reply/Quote
Its been awhile since I posted about my Blood Bourne gaming exp.
Ive gotten better at that game but wow ..there is something around
every corner ..tough ..

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
This meme pretty much sums it up for me anymore, at least #3....

[Image: 85716430.png]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 05:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This meme pretty much sums it up for me anymore, at least #3....

[Image: 85716430.png]

Absolutely agree.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 03:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Octopath Traveler is amazing. If you enjoy traditional turn-based jrpgs, it's a must get.

Please see this review from Game Informer - https://www.gameinformer.com/review/octopath-traveler/an-arduous-but-rewarding-journey

For me GI has been the most consistent and fair evaluation source for a long time so I generally trust their reviews.  Please tell me what you agree or disagree with and if you know of another review which you feel better represents how you feel about the game.

I ask because I love turn based JRPG's but Im careful what I buy these days.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 03:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Octopath Traveler is amazing. If you enjoy traditional turn-based jrpgs, it's a must get.

(07-21-2018, 11:00 AM)Stewy Wrote: Please see this review from Game Informer - https://www.gameinformer.com/review/octopath-traveler/an-arduous-but-rewarding-journey

For me GI has been the most consistent and fair evaluation source for a long time so I generally trust their reviews.  Please tell me what you agree or disagree with and if you know of another review which you feel better represents how you feel about the game.

I ask because I love turn based JRPG's but Im careful what I buy these days.

Thanks!

Interestingly here's one from IGN, which basically says all the same things as the game Informer review, but basically doesn't punish the game as much for the same recognized flaws.

Unlike the GI reviewer, the IGN reviewer is a an unashamed "completionist", which I am as well, and I wonder if that's the difference.  In our twitter snap chat age game get punished for any kind of grind.

My guess is the game is in between their reviews and should be high 80's.
Reply/Quote
I've been putting time into Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It's a lot like the Elder Scrolls game, but the thing about it is its very in depth and early in the game things are difficult like Lockpicking.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Assassins Creed Black Flag X1
Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut

are both 100%

Been working on Burnout Paradise.
and Started Saints Row Gat out of Hell.

Just picked up Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
and Little Nightmares.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 01:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've been playing Madden 18 (I'm jonesing for football, lol).  Also playing Rory McIroys Golf with the wife.

Hey Xeno, has there been anymore additions to XBOX backward compatible games from the original console?

Here is the full list of Original Xbox games that can be played on the xbox 1.  (also if your playing back compat games all halos on the 360 dlc is free)

Black
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
BloodRayne 2
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dead to Rights
Destroy All Humans!
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Full Spectrum Warrior
Fuzion Frenzy
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
The King of Fighters Neowave
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Ninja Gaiden Black
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Red Faction II
Sid Meier's Pirates!
SSX 3
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Here is the full list of Original Xbox games that can be played on the xbox 1.  (also if your playing back compat games all halos on the 360 dlc is free)

Black

Electronic Arts
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
BloodRayne 2
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dead to Rights
Destroy All Humans!
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Full Spectrum Warrior
Fuzion Frenzy
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
The King of Fighters Neowave
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Ninja Gaiden Black
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Red Faction II
Sid Meier's Pirates!
SSX 3
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Republic Commando

Thanks Xeno!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 10:52 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thanks Xeno!

Have not heard any news on the next batch yet..
Reply/Quote