Poll: Bengals Podcasts you enjoy
Locked On Bengals
Bengals Booth Podcast
Hear That Podcast Growlin'
In The Trenches
Other/None
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bengals Podcasts Do You Listen To?
What Bengal Podcasts are your listening pleasure?

Locked On Bengals-  James Rapien and Jake Lisco

Bengals Booth Podcast:   Dan Hoard

Hear That Podcast Growling:  Paul Dehner, Jr. and Jay Morrison

In The Trenches:  Dave Lapham

I listen to them all and really enjoy all of them.  I just started following Dave's podcast and he does an excellent job getting to know a lot of the rookies in this year's draft class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I listen to all four of them.

HTPG is my favorite of the 4. I enjoy the work Dehner and Morrison put into it.

I enjoy LOB because of it being daily and I enjoy Jake's dive into the analytics side of the game.

Bengals Booth is awesome because of Dan Hoard. His work is unmatched on the effort he puts into the podcast.

I like In the Trenches because it's snackable. A quick 15-30 podcast most of the times. Lap's insight can be great, but sometimes he tends to ramble on. Other than that, I enjoy his player interviews. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I listen to a lot of them because it's something I do at work.

My top 3 are Locked On, The Orange & Black Insider, and D&H Sports.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 01:40 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I listen to all four of them.

HTPG is my favorite of the 4. I enjoy the work Dehner and Morrison put into it.

I enjoy LOB because of it being daily and I enjoy Jake's dive into the analytics side of the game.

Bengals Booth is awesome because of Dan Hoard. His work is unmatched on the effort he puts into the podcast.

I like In the Trenches because it's snackable. A quick 15-30 podcast most of the times. Lap's insight can be great, but sometimes he tends to ramble on. Other than that, I enjoy his player interviews. 

Pretty much my feelings exactly.  My fav is Locked on because it is daily, and Hoard is flat out awesome.  His interview with Mike Brown last year was incredible.  They went down a list and talked about a lot of former players and it was really entertaining.

I just started Lap's podcast and what I like best about his player interviews is you start to get a deeper dive on the background of the players.  It was funny hearing how guys like CTB played QB in HS, just because of their athleticism.  

The most recent HTPG with Callahan and ZT was absolute gold.  Taylor is fricking hysterical with his wit, and he and Callahan are really tight.  I died laughing about hearing how ZT's mom drove them all to a college bar in Norman while they were setting up a football camp in her Suburban. 
Reply/Quote
Only locked on

They break shit down as technically as i want while still being easy to listen to for casuals
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Favorite Sports Podcast at the moment is Pat Mcafee's show
Reply/Quote
I listen to Locked On very heavily during the season and intermittently throughout the offseason. HTPG is good too.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pretty much my feelings exactly.  My fav is Locked on because it is daily, and Hoard is flat out awesome.  His interview with Mike Brown last year was incredible.  They went down a list and talked about a lot of former players and it was really entertaining.

I just started Lap's podcast and what I like best about his player interviews is you start to get a deeper dive on the background of the players.  It was funny hearing how guys like CTB played QB in HS, just because of their athleticism.  

The most recent HTPG with Callahan and ZT was absolute gold.  Taylor is fricking hysterical with his wit, and he and Callahan are really tight.  I died laughing about hearing how ZT's mom drove them all to a college bar in Norman while they were setting up a football camp in her Suburban. 

Pretty funny those guys were all in their late 20’s. They had this camp with Kingsbury, Callahan, Zac, his brother and a couple others mentioned that have made their mark in the NFL. Being driven to a bar near the OU campus by Zac’s mother. Too funny. Hardly any campers showed up and Taylor went in the hole on it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I like Lap.. after that it's Solomon Wilcots and Pac when they're on together.. I'm old..I have the right to that.. 
There's something about Raipen that just rubs me the wrong way .. I don't believe he's a true Orange and Blacker.. and he does too many stupid ads.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: I like Lap.. after that it's Solomon Wilcots and Pac when they're on together.. I'm old..I have the right to that.. 
There's something about Raipen that just rubs me the wrong way .. I don't believe he's a true Orange and Blacker.. and he does too many stupid ads.. 

Rapien and his producer did a podcast on this. He didn't want to let out he was a Bengals fan to stay neutral when reporting. They had some drinks and he let it out that he was born and raised a Bengala fan.. He was born somewhere in the area and raised...
Reply/Quote
The in the trenches interview with Cordell Volson was brilliant. What a genuine, humble and likeable guy. I really hope he makes it and becomes a Bengals legend.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 11:10 AM)Tony Wrote: Rapien and his producer did a podcast on this. He didn't want to let out he was a Bengals fan to stay neutral when reporting. They had some drinks and he let it out that he was born and raised a Bengala fan.. He was born somewhere in the area and raised...

Rapien did grow up a Bengals fan. You can tell by the way he talks. He just does the professional sports writer etiquette and says he doesn't have a favorite team. 

It's the same with Dehner and Morrison. They've talked about going to Bengals and Reds games way before they were ever sports writers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There's a great Bengals United Kingdom podcast called 'CinciNatter'.

They sometimes get Bengals coaches, ex players , etc on. But a lot of it is the UK fans running it (Paul Hirons, Nathan Thomas) just talking Bengals from our perspective.

It's a grown a lot and was great to follow last season as the excitement built up to the Super Bowl run over here.
Reply/Quote
1a. Locked on Bengals
1b. HTPG
2. Orange and Black insider with Anthony and John
3. Bengals Booth
4. In the trenches
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 11:10 AM)Tony Wrote: Rapien and his producer did a podcast on this. He didn't want to let out he was a Bengals fan to stay neutral when reporting. They had some drinks and he let it out that he was born and raised a Bengala fan.. He was born somewhere in the area and raised...

Oh well...So I'm wrong for the first time ever..  Wait another 63 years for the next time..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I listen to all of the above.

As for my favorite, it has to be Zim and Ace of the Wincinnati podcast. Lots of guest appearances and theres no doubt they bleed orange and black. Would love to meet some of these folks who run the podcasts we all love at a game or tailgate some day!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 09:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What Bengal Podcasts are your listening pleasure?

Locked On Bengals-  James Rapien and Jake Lisco

Bengals Booth Podcast:   Dan Hoard

Hear That Podcast Growling:  Paul Dehner, Jr. and Jay Morrison

In The Trenches:  Dave Lapham

I listen to them all and really enjoy all of them.  I just started following Dave's podcast and he does an excellent job getting to know a lot of the rookies in this year's draft class.

All of them when I get a chance. They are all doing a pretty great job with them. I know Lap is sometimes the biggest homer
when he announces games but he DOES know O-Line play as well as about anybody besides Munoz. All these guys are pretty 
much sound in what they say most of the time. I think I like Rapien and Locked On Bengals the best though.

I know he is a Bengals fan like me so he also has some homerism but he will tell it like it is even if I don't like to hear it.
Reply/Quote