Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bengals move would surprise in this years draft?
    What move in this years draft, by the Bengals, would leave you in disbelief, shaking your head or possibly cause your head to explode? Mine would be if Bowers were there at 18 and the Bengals showed restraint and passed on him, specially if they picked a position other than RT, DT or picked a WR if they intend to keep Tee this season.
      I know Bowers would be a luxury pick but if, and that's a big "IF", he is still on the board at 18, I would hate to be the one that had to make the decision to pull the trigger or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Surprise? Bengals take Jared Verse DE.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 03:42 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Surprise?   Bengals take Jared Verse DE.

Well, he is from Dayton but it would be surprising to go DE in round 1 two years in a row.
Reply/Quote
Bengals trading up to get their man would be shocking in it's self.

But to pick a player it would be Joe Alt
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It honestly wouldn't be a surprise to me if Bowers fell to us and we didn't take him. We don't value TE's at all, we value them less than
any team in the NFL and just had a nice pick up in Gesicki. Also wouldn't surprise me if a Corner like Quinyon Mitchell fell to us and we
would take him, he fits us like a glove.

What would surprise me? The Bengals draft JC Latham after not working out. We have seen how this hasn't worked in the past with Og
and Price. Bama OL have also not played well in the NFL lately.

But even more shocking to me would be if we traded up in the first for someone.
Reply/Quote

Big Surprise:

Frank Crum in round 1 (and his Lettuce hair) (see Combine interview & photos)
Reply/Quote
I would run to the podium if Bowers fell to us with #18 pick.

I may be in the minority, buy if Bowers is not there, but Brian Thomas is available I hope they grab him. I think he will be a great WR.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Right before draft some unfavorable reports on JBs wrist and they sell the farm to draft one of the top 3 QBs
Hows was that!?
Reply/Quote
Xavier Worthy.

If they draft the fastest 40 time ever because Mikey wanted him because Paul invented the 40 time evaluation… I’ll be pissed. And shocked just like the John Ross pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 06:25 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Right before draft some unfavorable reports on JBs wrist and they sell the farm to draft one of the top 3 QBs
Hows was that!?

Don't float that out into the universe Kali. Whatever 

(04-05-2024, 07:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Xavier Worthy.

If they draft the fastest 40 time ever because Mikey wanted him because Paul invented the 40 time evaluation… I’ll be pissed. And shocked just like the John Ross pick.

Yes, that would be surprising especially since Mikey Boy doesn't run things anymore...
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Xavier Worthy.

Worthy is actually skinnier than John Ross based on Combine weights.

Xavier Worthy 5 foot 11 and 1/4  165 pounds

John Ross 5 foot 10 and 3/4  188 pounds 

*Ross was around the 190 pound mark which was more than I remembered him being.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:33 PM)depthchart Wrote: Worthy is actually skinnier than John Ross based on Combine weights.

Xavier Worthy 5 foot 11 and 1/4  165 pounds

John Ross 5 foot 10 and 3/4  188 pounds 

*Ross was around the 190 pound mark which was more than I remembered him being.

Ross was never skinny. Dude was weak mentally and got hurt too often and I don't think it was because of his size.

But yeah, it would surprise me if we took the newest fastest forty Receiver after what happened with Ross and us.
Reply/Quote
Drafting a position other than DT, o-line, CB, or Bowers in the first.

Are they trying to win, or play Madden?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:46 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Drafting a position other than DT, o-line, CB, or Bowers in the first.

They might want to grab their WR to replace Tee before trading him which would add another early 2nd rounder so we can go after those
positions after and I wouldn't be against that. A start to the Draft of Brian Thomas WR, Blake Fisher OT, T'Vondre Sweat NT, Ben Sinnott TE 
sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They might want to grab their WR to replace Tee before trading him which would add another early 2nd rounder so we can go after those
positions after and I wouldn't be against that. A start to the Draft of Brian Thomas WR, Blake Fisher OT, T'Vondre Sweat NT, Ben Sinnott TE 
sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.

While I agree, when has the ideal ever happened for the Bengals recently in the draft, aside from snagging Burrow?

Love that line up, even though I am opposed to a WR in the first...
Reply/Quote
I will be surprised if we take a WR before day 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 09:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: I will be surprised if we take a WR before day 3.

I'd be surprised if we didn't take one before Day 3.

When Bates was tagged, they drafted Hill in the first.  When AJ was tagged, they drafted Tee in the 2nd.  When MJ was tagged, they drafted Hunt in the 2nd.  Plus, it's a strong WR class and we have no starting WR3 in an 11 base offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:46 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Drafting a position other than DT, o-line, CB, or Bowers in the first.

And yet the last two times the Bengals returned to postseason play after missing the playoffs the prior year, the first round pick was a WR.  

I still prefer an OT, but is it about winning games or building the team around a certain style or aesthetic?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't float that out into the universe Kali. Whatever 

Yes, that would be surprising especially since Mikey Boy doesn't run things anymore...

yep, sorry but that would be a shocker 
More crazy is the Worthy discussions....please god NO! 
Something more out of character is if they packaged some picks and TEE to move up in Rd1 
Im not sure what to expect from Tee this season if they keep him... 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 02:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'd be surprised if we didn't take one before Day 3.

When Bates was tagged, they drafted Hill in the first.  When AJ was tagged, they drafted Tee in the 2nd.  When MJ was tagged, they drafted Hunt in the 2nd.  Plus, it's a strong WR class and we have no starting WR3 in an 11 base offense.

Strong WR class means you can get quality day 3.  You're assuming that they don't see either of last years WRs as starters and I wouldn't be so sure of that stance if I were you.
Reply/Quote