Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Did We Learn
What did we learn? That many Bengals fans in the Game Day thread are STILL drama queens. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What did we learn? That many Bengals fans in the Game Day thread are STILL drama queens.  Whatever

That place is toxic.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: That place is toxic.

Yeah, but I enjoy it. Their toxic negativity forces me to counter with optimism and positivity at times when I may not want to be either optimistic or positive. So, I'll take it.

Though, it is nice when we ALL are bitching about the officiating.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:23 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Though, it is nice when we ALL are bitching about the officiating.  ThumbsUp

Even that turns into  "Woah is me they are out to get our team". 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I learned players can get better quickly, the OL play was stellar against maybe the best front 7 in football. Those who said Suggs will get 4 sacks need to eat some crow. Those who said Hopkins is a scrub, well he replace Price and did a very good job against great nose tackles. Congrats OL, keep getting better every week.

We learned this team had a great draft in 2018 already. Price, Bates and Hubbard will help anchor this team for years. We learned Shaun Williams is better than most of us thought, great game last night Mr. Williams.

We learned again this team can overcome adversity, the Ravens got within 5, had all the momentum and then AD led the offense on a crucial long field goal drive. It gave our defense a blow they needed and put us by 8. A rested defense comes back out and Williams sacks and strips Flacco for the game winner.

We learned so much more about our team in prime time. What did you learn?

I think the biggest thing to learn is that "knee jerk" is not a solid reaction to have to 1 game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I learned our offensive line is above average to good. Which says a lot about our current OL coach. Huge props to him. And thank god we got rid of our ex OL coach. We needed fresh blood in there. With a good OL, AD looks good, Mixon looks great and AJ is just AJ. Keep ballin’ ya’ll.

And I’m gonna have to pick up the Bengals D. But who should I drop? Chicago D or Shitsburgh D?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:23 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, but I enjoy it. Their toxic negativity forces me to counter with optimism and positivity at times when I may not want to be either optimistic or positive. So, I'll take it.

Though, it is nice when we ALL are bitching about the officiating.  ThumbsUp

Unfortunately the "negativity" stems from a history of being justified in outcomes. Guilty as charged for feeling that they would end up blowing that game....seen it too many times, but good to see that this team has a fight in them that hasn't been there in a while. Will try and stay positive.....until Marvin does something stupid.
Reply/Quote

I can't even go there anymore, so many "fans" quit on this team early in every game, it is just depressing. I actually thought there should be a weekly "List of Shame" (which was said in a manner of good humor), but evidently the mods didn't think so, as it got deleted.... Ninja 
Jesse Bates is the real deal. Flacco, Pigben, and the rest of the QB's we face now have to worry that anytime they throw the deep ball, it's going to be coming right back at them in Bates' hands. If he's this good as a rookie, he could be better than Reggie in a few years
. Hopkins gets a solid pat on the back for coming in and playing a good game at center.
 AJ is, as always, a Raven Killer.
 I'm going to have to quit calling Hardly Nickerson Hardly, because he's playing like Nickerson. Evans continues to improve, but good grief it's maddening watching opposing QB's carve up the center of the field in the LB area. 
Whatever happened at halftime, we let them come back from 3 touchdowns down to bring it within 5 in the 2nd half. That can't happen. 
The Oline is better than we thought, the whole Ravens D-line were tapping helmets and sucking for air in the 2nd half, and our D-line rotation is killer. As I said last week, this team, with it's depth, is built for the 2nd half..... the comeback should not have happened. 
Flacco, if you looked at his face on the sideline, was totally in a mental funk. The interception, the hurries, the sacks and having Lamar standing there is really working on him. You can just tell he hates having him on the field. A few more losses and the crowd starts yelling for Jackson, and Flacco is done.
Bobby Hart, has to get mentioned again because..... T-Sizzle...…. DAMN!!! It was more "T-where's the oxygen tank"
Mixon is the beast we thought we were getting. Now Ross just needs to step up his game.
Fat Randy..... Perfect this year and driving the ball out of the end zones.....
The coaches. Not sure if this is Lazor or Merv, but we do not seem to be going away from the game plan at the first sign of trouble like we did in the past. I'm liking it. Austin has every DB on the field searching for those interceptions, and if you noticed on the one Bates went after and didn't get, Williams was right there to make the tackle. Really good to see them working together back there this early.
CJ U.... this guy is coming into his own and is another playmaker.
Vigil- Still flying around. Gonna be a good one. Absolutely can not wait to get Vontaze, Preston and Nick on the field together.
Billings- He got more push this game than he did in Indy (which was none), I hope it's just who he is going against, and not that he's regressing. I'd like to see him on the field with Geno occasionally, but they seem to be rotating as a unit with Billings and Glasgow coming in together.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think the biggest thing to learn is that "knee jerk" is not a solid reaction to have to 1 game. 

Fair enough, it also works when people use one game to trash a brand new OL for giving up 2 sacks  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  I can't even go there anymore, so many "fans" quit on this team early in every game, it is just depressing. I actually thought there should be a weekly "List of Shame" (which was said in a manner of good humor), but evidently the mods didn't think so, as it got deleted.... Ninja 
Jesse Bates is the real deal. Flacco, Pigben, and the rest of the QB's we face now have to worry that anytime they throw the deep ball, it's going to be coming right back at them in Bates' hands. If he's this good as a rookie, he could be better than Reggie in a few years
. Hopkins gets a solid pat on the back for coming in and playing a good game at center.
 AJ is, as always, a Raven Killer.
 I'm going to have to quit calling Hardly Nickerson Hardly, because he's playing like Nickerson. Evans continues to improve, but good grief it's maddening watching opposing QB's carve up the center of the field in the LB area. 
Whatever happened at halftime, we let them come back from 3 touchdowns down to bring it within 5 in the 2nd half. That can't happen. 
The Oline is better than we thought, the whole Ravens D-line were tapping helmets and sucking for air in the 2nd half, and our D-line rotation is killer. As I said last week, this team, with it's depth, is built for the 2nd half..... the comeback should not have happened. 
Flacco, if you looked at his face on the sideline, was totally in a mental funk. The interception, the hurries, the sacks and having Lamar standing there is really working on him. You can just tell he hates having him on the field. A few more losses and the crowd starts yelling for Jackson, and Flacco is done.
Bobby Hart, has to get mentioned again because..... T-Sizzle...…. DAMN!!! It was more "T-where's the oxygen tank"
Mixon is the beast we thought we were getting. Now Ross just needs to step up his game.
Fat Randy..... Perfect this year and driving the ball out of the end zones.....
The coaches. Not sure if this is Lazor or Merv, but we do not seem to be going away from the game plan at the first sign of trouble like we did in the past. I'm liking it. Austin has every DB on the field searching for those interceptions, and if you noticed on the one Bates went after and didn't get, Williams was right there to make the tackle. Really good to see them working together back there this early.
CJ U.... this guy is coming into his own and is another playmaker.
Vigil- Still flying around. Gonna be a good one. Absolutely can not wait to get Vontaze, Preston and Nick on the field together.
Billings- He got more push this game than he did in Indy (which was none), I hope it's just who he is going against, and not that he's regressing. I'd like to see him on the field with Geno occasionally, but they seem to be rotating as a unit with Billings and Glasgow coming in together.
Great stuff

To clarify, we were up 14 at the half and not 21, they did get to it 5, but we lost 3 points in second half as we won by 11
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I have only gone there a couple of times.

Do the guys that squeal and give up in the first half ever get called out later?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have only gone there a couple of times.

Do the guys that squeal and give up in the first half ever get called out later?

It moves quick, occasionally though. I tend to leave after people proclaim the game over in the 2nd quarter.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Side note, Carlos Dunlap already has 4 tipped balls in 2 games. His career high is 15 for a season and he could definitely beat that. It's a huge dimension to his game that lets him impact a play even when he can't get top the QB.

He has got some real hops to him too.  And I think there might be another one of those awesome int's in his future too.  He's already  had two near misses.

How about the fact that Los and Geno got their money and then stepped up their games?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fair enough, it also works when people use one game to trash a brand new OL for giving up 2 sacks  ThumbsUp

Exactly my point. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have only gone there a couple of times.

If someone like me is still there later, then yes. Some do eat their crow, to be fair, but most don't.
Reply/Quote
GameDay by the nature of the thread is going to have people being way up and/or way down. It is after all people reacting in the moment to plays as they happen. Its would actually be weird if in such a forum people didn't have emotional highs and lows.

As to what did we learn? That the offense clicks really well when they run it uptempo but stalls when they try to slowball it. This no doubt goes in part to the Offensive Line still being a work in progress and not fully used to working together. I would like to see them try running uptempo all game and even work towards doing something like the old Attack Offense.
Reply/Quote
I sarcastically said that Suggs would double Hunt's total. That said, I thought he would struggle. I've given the man his due in a couple threads already. He was solid and steady. Y'all know I like Texas Pete with my crow....serve it up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I learned players can get better quickly, the OL play was stellar against maybe the best front 7 in football. Those who said Suggs will get 4 sacks need to eat some crow. Those who said Hopkins is a scrub, well he replace Price and did a very good job against great nose tackles. Congrats OL, keep getting better every week.

We learned this team had a great draft in 2018 already. Price, Bates and Hubbard will help anchor this team for years. We learned Shaun Williams is better than most of us thought, great game last night Mr. Williams.

We learned again this team can overcome adversity, the Ravens got within 5, had all the momentum and then AD led the offense on a crucial long field goal drive. It gave our defense a blow they needed and put us by 8. A rested defense comes back out and Williams sacks and strips Flacco for the game winner.

We learned so much more about our team in prime time. What did you learn?

I learned this is a different team than Marv has coached in the past in Primetime is what i learned.

This was something i had to see to have hope in a Playoff win. We were 0-4 in our last 4 Primetime games before this.

The Ravens are a quality team and like Lap said, we are now in their heads.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No injured Brown, no Burfict, no problem. The young LB's are getting better and gaining valuable game experience. I will add no Rey, so he is injured on the young are better right now.

V. Rey was in on a Ravens FG attempt....I think. Pretty sure I saw 57 off the LOS. Anyone else notice that?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great stuff

To clarify, we were up 14 at the half and not 21, they did get to it 5, but we lost 3 points in second half as we won by 11

Yes, you are right, but the point remains that we had them down by 21 points and let them come back. Some of that is on them, but some of it is on the Bengals.....
Reply/Quote