Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Did You Take Away From Last Night?
I mean in terms of the Steelers, and granted that it was only the first preseason game and they sat a bunch of players, so were you able to take anything away from it?

The first thing that stuck out in my mind was their inability to cover a tight end, especially across the middle and underneath across the middle.

Maybe it was because they didn't have all the starters in, or maybe it's a flaw in the new coordinator's scheme because there were plays when it seemed like no one was around.

Eifert and Kroft will be beasts this year, so I hope that Hue was taking notes.

I'll probably think of more later, but does anybody agree/disagree or have any other thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I learned that if the Steelers end up having to start a bunch of guys that aren't even going to make their 53 and they happen to play against the Vikings backups for 16 straight weeks.....they're probably in for a looooong year!
Reply/Quote
I didn't even watch it. I'm waiting for Friday so I can see the guys who won't make our 53 man roster play the Giants same guys.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 01:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I learned that if the Steelers end up having to start a bunch of guys that aren't even going to make their 53 and they happen to play against the Vikings backups for 16 straight weeks.....they're probably in for a looooong year!

Pretty much this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
That their Kicker seemed to tear his ACL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meaningless preseason game with no implication on the schemes,plays,players or season outcomes.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 04:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I didn't even watch it. I'm waiting for Friday so I can see the guys who won't make our 53 man roster play the Giants same guys.

Ditto. I believe the last HOF game I watched was the one in which the Bengals played.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Dri Archer actually broke/avoided some tackles and looked like he could actually play football. After last year I discounted any chance he contributes at all, so if he can actually return kickoffs past the 20 that's an improvement. Maybe he can save Brown from returning punts and see a few plays on offense.

Landry Jones has improved, but he's still terrible.

All the rookies sucked, but I guess that's expected. I guess WR Coates did well and broke back for the ball on throws.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 08:11 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Dri Archer actually broke/avoided some tackles and looked like he could actually play football. After last year I discounted any chance he contributes at all, so if he can  actually return kickoffs past the 20 that's an improvement. Maybe he can save Brown from returning punts and see a few plays on offense.

All the rookies sucked, but I guess that's expected. I guess WR Coates did well and broke back for the ball on throws.

I was impressed with Archer running from the backfield and catching balls.

I was thinking that he could cause problems for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 08:11 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Dri Archer actually broke/avoided some tackles and looked like he could actually play football. After last year I discounted any chance he contributes at all, so if he can  actually return kickoffs past the 20 that's an improvement. Maybe he can save Brown from returning punts and see a few plays on offense.

(08-11-2015, 12:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was impressed with Archer running from the backfield and catching balls.

I was thinking that he could cause problems for us.
I won't believe it until he does it against starters.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 04:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I won't believe it until he does it against starters.

With the expectations I had for him, I'm just impressed to see he can play football against anyone.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote