Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do The Bengals, Cardinals and Panthers All Have In Common?
So what do these 3 teams have in common?

All 3 made the post-season, all 3 had pretty good pass blocking in 2015 and all 3 teams have terrible pass blocking this year along with disappointing seasons.

In 2015

Bengals were the 8th best line in when it came to giving up sacks

Cardinals were 4th

Panthers were 12th

In 2016

Bengals are ranked 29th this year

Cardinals are ranked 30th

Panthers are ranked 24th

Just in case anyone wasn't sold that the o-line is the problem on offense.
Reply/Quote
I can name a different commonality. Starts with "Lombardi", ends with another team having it.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 12:39 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I can name a different commonality. Starts with "Lombardi", ends with another team having it.

With all three teams losing the SB to first ballot, All-Time quarterbacks.  Bengals vs. Montana, Cardinals vs. Rapistberger, Panthers vs. Brady/Manning.
Reply/Quote
It all starts with in the trenches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
All we have to do is draft one OL within the first three rounds of EVERY draft and we wouldn't be in this situation.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 01:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: All we have to do is draft one OL within the first three rounds of EVERY draft and we wouldn't be in this situation.  

I actually wouldn't mind this. Same goes for the d-line.

If you keep both sides of the trenches healthy I think more often than not you will be competitive. Especially since Cincy has Dalton and Green locked up.
Reply/Quote
I think the drafts have a lot of good OL now. But with a top 10 pick like we have this year, I prefer to use it on a DL. I think the difference between a top 10 DL vs. a 2nd round DL is drastically different than top 10 OL vs. a 2nd round OL.
Reply/Quote
This post has nothing to do with any particular team, I just wanted to what the minds in here think.

If you were watching 2 NFL teams play, neither team being a team you are a fan of. One team, they had the best offensive line in football.

The other team they had the best defensive line in football.

In this particular game, both teams bring their 'A' game.

What would you expect to see as the game unfolds?
Reply/Quote
The game would all depend on how the team with the good defense plays on offense and vice-versa. Good defense overcomes good offense. But so-so offense generally beats so-so defense.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 03:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This post has nothing to do with any particular team, I just wanted to what the minds in here think.

If you were watching 2 NFL teams play, neither team being a team you are a fan of.  One team, they had the best offensive line in football.

Right now the Cowboys offensive line would beat any d-line in football.  In theory, though, a set of perfect defensive lineman could beat them.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Our offensive line is just pathetic at this point.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 03:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This post has nothing to do with any particular team, I just wanted to what the minds in here think.

If you were watching 2 NFL teams play, neither team being a team you are a fan of.  One team, they had the best offensive line in football.

Probably pretty similar to what we saw from the Vikings-Cowboys last night.

Gave up sacks, but also protected well enough to give QB a chance.
Run defense held them mostly in check outside of a few plays (Look at Zeke's 30 yard run where he goes untouched)
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: The game would all depend on how the team with the good defense plays on offense and vice-versa.   Good defense overcomes good offense.  But so-so offense generally beats so-so defense.

Not talking about anything but the lines.  I understand the game usually goes by who wins in the trenches, but who wins the trenches battle if both lines are the best and at the top of their game?

Could the best offensive line, playing their best, give up 4 sacks to the best defensive line, playing their best game?

Could the best defensive line be held to zero sacks, and minimal QB hurries, playing their best, against the best offensive line playing their best game?
Reply/Quote
What do the Bengals, Cardinals, and Panthers all have in common?

They share multiple traits. They all play in the NFL, they are all animals, all 3 teams need to do better on 3rd down, none of he three teams played in Jacksonville on a Thursday night, and they all suck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 01:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: All we have to do is draft one OL within the first three rounds of EVERY draft and we wouldn't be in this situation.  

Coud live with this.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote