Poll: What Position(s) Do We Take On Day Two?
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Trade Up For Jurgen
Other (List)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do We Do With Our Day Two Picks?
Hill solves a lot of our secondary problems because he can play some corner and he's just a lightning fast play maker. He was great value where we got him.

The question is, where do you go on day two?

Interior defensive line? Defensive End?

Trade up to get Jurgen at center?
Reply/Quote
I think it’s BPA. Trey McBride? It will be BPA with DT most likely. I wouldn’t rule out a CB
Reply/Quote
Ordinarily, I'd say pass rushing DT should be a priority but, honestly, this class is so bad you wonder if the guys who are being talked about are just being pushed up the board because of how bad the class is. I like Logan Hall out of Houston, but he is unusually tall for a DT and that may count against him and I don't think he has the bend to play edge consistently. Perrion Winfrey, who I took in the 2nd round in my last mock draft, has enticing speed and power to rush the passer but the man does not care at all about stopping the run, so you worry about having that guy on the field outside of 3rd down. After those two, there's a huge gap and then Leal, who may not even be big enough to stay at 3T, depending on who you ask.

With this class being as bad as it is, I would rather take a flier on Curtis Brooks in day 3 and then re-sign Ogunjobi.

So, my priorities would be CB and IOL in day 2, unless the Bengals are confident that one of the 3 DTs above can be an asset to the team and is available at 63.
Reply/Quote
CB. We will need a replacement for Apple and this is a stacked class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill solves a lot of our secondary problems because he can play some corner and he's just a lightning fast play maker. He was great value where we got him.

I think they'll draft Dylan Parham G/C tomorrow if he is there with one of our picks. Would love Kyler Gordon in 2 but he won't be there.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill solves a lot of our secondary problems because he can play some corner and he's just a lightning fast play maker. He was great value where we got him.

Still wanting Logan Hall or Perrion Winfrey as our 3-tech DT or a Corner like Zyon McCollum.

Dax is a Safety that can play Corner, I think we need a talented Corner to learn behind Awuzie and take over for Apple the most.

Alontae Taylor also could be in the cards out of Tennessee, same with Matthew Butler their 3-tech DT.

I don't know how long Cam Taylor Britt sticks around either who is a fave of mine with WVUHomer.

We might be okay at DT if Cam Sample gains a bit. Corner is a bigger need right now IMO in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:45 AM)pulses Wrote: I think they'll draft Dylan Parham G/C tomorrow if he is there with one of our picks. Would love Kyler Gordon in 2 but he won't be there.

Would also love Dylan Parham and also believe Gordon is gone early to mid 2nd tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Despite the hard on I present for CTB, (and he would be my desired target at 63 fwiw) I could totally understand us drafting Hall or Winfrey then getting Taylor at 95 and leave 4-7 as entire O pieces to build depth
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:50 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Despite the hard on I present for CTB, (and he would be my desired target at 63 fwiw) I could totally understand us drafting Hall or Winfrey then getting Taylor at 95 and leave 4-7 as entire O pieces to build depth

Sounds fantastic. Mellow Wink

Getting me a brewskie on this note. CheersDrunk
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:29 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s BPA. Trey McBride? It will be BPA with DT most likely. I wouldn’t rule out a CB

I didn't include TE just because I think we have bigger needs since we just signed Hurst.

There's some good DTs we could take in 2- Winfrey, Leal, Carter, or Travis Jones if we want to go nose but that could be a risk. 
Reply/Quote
Go BPA again.

Round 2 possibles:

DT: Hall, Winfrey, & Jones all on the board. Beyond that, move on.
CB: Booth, Gordon, McCreary, Woolen, Taylor-Britt.
DE: Ebiketie, Ojabo, Mafe, Drake Jackson.
LB: Dean, Harris, Tindall, Andersen, Muma, Chenal
TE: McBride, Dulcich, Ruckert, Woods.
C: Jurgens
OG: Rhyan, Parham, Salyer, Kinnard
OT: Raimann, Goedecke, Faalele
WR: Watson, Moore, Pierce
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:50 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Despite the hard on I present for CTB, (and he would be my desired target at 63 fwiw) I could totally understand us drafting Hall or Winfrey then getting Taylor at 95 and leave 4-7 as entire O pieces to build depth
I think they will draft an edge somewhere too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:06 AM)pulses Wrote: I think they will draft an edge somewhere too.

Probably. I wouldn't put a vast high priority on it unless it was BPA by a long shot (like how Karlaftis almost was).
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:11 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Probably. I wouldn't put a vast high priority on it unless it was BPA by a long shot (like how Karlaftis almost was).

That was close, damn Chiefs. We will get them again for it lol

Still think Dax fits our needs better anyways. Just really liked Karlaftis as I think the FO did as well.
Reply/Quote

Our Round 2 is like a Round 3.  Our Round 3 is like a Round 4.   So here is what they should do.  Do as they did in Round 1.  Sit back and watch who gets taken, and take the best player still on the board.  So At Pick 63, or whatever, If there is a player ranked around around 50 still there, do it.   

I'll take a Round 2 guess on looking at ESPN Best Available List.   I see Offensive Tackles and Defensive Tackles on the board who ESPN rank as good picks at 63.   Teams may start a taking QBs and WR's and RB's.   Some teams may take a Safety which Bengals already covered that spot.  So I see Bengals getting another D Lineman with Ogunjobi gone from inside pass rush.  A DT or a DE.   However if the best player is one of these top ranked Offensive Tackles still on the board, do not rule out more Blocking Depth for Burrow.  Injuries happen and Bengals are weak on Tackle back-ups if one gets hurt.  

So I will guess Best Available BIG MONSTER TYPE GUY as a D Line Tackler or an O Line Blocker.  That's how I'm seeing the board.  Some Trench Player who could have went in Mid 2nd Round, just as Bengals took the Safety who could have went Mid 1st Round.  ESPN has many names on the board that fit the bill, so look for Bengals to get one. 

If you go on ESPN Draft Cast, and click on Best Available, you will see D Line and O Line players who would be great to grab if they fall to Bengals in late 2nd round. Rainmann at OT or Winfrey at DT for example.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
CB and DT or edge I reckon. OL will still be in the collective thoughts IMO. Thankfully a nice FA period has opened this up nicely.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:29 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s BPA. Trey McBride? It will be BPA with DT most likely. I wouldn’t rule out a CB

BPA alll the way with the exclusion of QB until round 5.  For once the Bengals are just hunting for depth and not immediate starters. 
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I think we will see TE and DT today. Not sure which order, but that is my guess.
Reply/Quote
Best CB available. If Gordon falls a bit I’d be willing to trade up for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 08:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Best CB available. If Gordon falls a bit I’d be willing to trade up for him.

CTB! CTB! CTB! CTB!
Reply/Quote