Poll: What Position(s) Do We Take On Day Two?
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Trade Up For Jurgen
Other (List)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do We Do With Our Day Two Picks?
I'd go CB for sure.
For the other pick, I think it will be either a TE or interior pass rusher.
Interior pass rusher will offer more value this year, but a TE taken on Day 2 could realistically end up starting next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 09:34 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: CTB! CTB! CTB! CTB!

I’d be very happy with that pick too but I loved it a lot more when it looked like he would be there in the 3rd a few weeks back. That seems like a pipe dream now so probably have to pick him at 63 or trade back a few and grab him early 3. 
Reply/Quote
My positional guess in order is CB, Edge, TE, DT, IOL, WR.
Reply/Quote
What do you guys think about Josh Paschal at pick 63? I use PFN mock simulator and they have him as a 4th rounder. He seems like a player who could play all over the line.
Reply/Quote
The draft kinda fell to us in a good way, lots of value here in the 2nd still, and only 1 QB gone so far. Teams like ATL and SEA are sure to burn 1 of their 2 picks on QB's in the 2nd round.

I can see McBride gone before we pick. I know Gronk will likely be back with TB, but I see them going McBride with one of their next picks before 63. If McBride by chance slips, it's going to be tough to pass on him.

CB in my eyes is very much in play despite Hill's versatility. We have 2 safety's under contract next year, I doubt we retain both which gives Hill that empty spot. Thus leaving us thin at CB still. So yes, CB should and probably is in play at 63 depending on BPA there.

ED/3T may be the pick depending on who is there. If it's between a sliding Booth/Gordon/CTB and one of the 3T's/DT's, it's a tough one.

With news of Carman breaking yesterday, you have to wonder if G/C is a sneaky pick tonight. Jurgens, Parham, Sayler all come to mind as fits.

WR if one falls (LOL I know I know, they're pretty much gone). Pierce comes to mind, but I don't see him getting past GB.

1. David Ojabo
  2. Nakobe Dean
  3. Andrew Booth Jr.
  4. Arnold Ebiketie
  5. Boye Mafe
  6. Travis Jones
  7. Logan Hall
  8. Kyler Gordon
  9. George Pickens
  10. Jaquan Brisker
  11. Skyy Moore
  12. Jalen Pitre
  13. Christian Watson
  14. Roger McCreary
  15. Trey McBride
  16. DeMarvin Leal
  17. Drake Jackson
  18. Perrion Winfrey
  19. Darian Kinnard
  20. Kingsley Enagbare
  21. Tariq Woolen
  22. Nik Bonitto
  23. Cameron Thomas
  24. Jamaree Salyer
  25. Greg Dulcich
  26. David Bell
  27. John Metchie III
  28. Phidarian Mathis
  29. Dylan Parham
  30. Cameron Jurgens
  31. Josh Paschal
  32. Marcus Jones
  33. Myjai Sanders
  34. Brian Asamoah
  35. Jeremy Ruckert
  36. Alec Pierce
  37. Martin Emerson
  38. Cam Taylor-Britt
  39. Bryan Cook
  40. Luke Fortner
  41. Calvin Austin III
  42. Wan'Dale Robinson
Whole lotta value here that doesn't include RB, QB, and some other notable draftee's because I don't believe they're in consideration. We're going to get some great value in 2 & 3 tonight.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I am thinking there could be a good TE available for them in round 2. Also, I think they need to get a DT, CB and (later) a WR. I don’t think they will go IOL too early unless a guy they have rated really high falls to them.

They hit the O line hard this off season and are probably counting on one of the young guys already on the roster to step up and claim the open G spot.
Reply/Quote
I agree with CB or DT as most likely. But, I would also add DE if the right one is available.

Hill is the FS of the future. I'd trade Bates in a heartbeat for an extra pick or packaged with the Bengals' 2nd or 3rd to move up. If they wanted to trade up for #38 with the Jets to draft CB Booth or DE Ebiketie or Mafe by trading #63 and Bates, I'd do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree with CB or DT as most likely. But, I would also add DE if the right one is available.

Hill is the FS of the future. I'd trade Bates in a heartbeat for an extra pick or packaged with the Bengals' 2nd or 3rd to move up. If they wanted to trade up for #38 with the Jets to draft CB Booth or DE Ebiketie or Mafe by trading #63 and Bates, I'd do it.

I could see a 2 and trade up in 3 (like Detroit 2nd and 3 for Bates and our 3rd) for Bates right now. We have the leverage with Hill being a potential replacement. If we did that, we could complete our D while getting OL depth/competition
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:44 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I could see a 2 and trade up in 3 (like Detroit 2nd and 3 for Bates and our 3rd) for Bates right now. We have the leverage with Hill being a potential replacement. If we did that, we could complete our D while getting OL depth/competition

That would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That would be ideal.

Rapien mentioned he could see Cam Jurgens as a round 3 target. My scenario would allow Hall, CTB and Jurgens. Hello 3T, boundary CB and iOL help. Who could challenge us in the slightest then?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree with CB or DT as most likely. But, I would also add DE if the right one is available.

(04-29-2022, 11:44 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I could see a 2 and trade up in 3 (like Detroit 2nd and 3 for Bates and our 3rd) for Bates right now. We have the leverage with Hill being a potential replacement. If we did that, we could complete our D while getting OL depth/competition

(04-29-2022, 11:55 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Rapien mentioned he could see Cam Jurgens as a round 3 target. My scenario would allow Hall, CTB and Jurgens. Hello 3T, boundary CB and iOL help. Who could challenge us in the slightest then?

I like the way you guys are thinking... Smirk

Logan Hall, trade up for CTB and take Jurgens. Also like Paschal as Nugdukwe brought up, he also fits.

The 1st round last night went more like I thought then I was seeing with all the PFF mocks I have seen.

All the players I like may be gone, we need to do a Bates trade now that we have Dax and trade around to get our guys it seems.
Reply/Quote
DT or CB

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:14 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: The draft kinda fell to us in a good way, lots of value here in the 2nd still, and only 1 QB gone so far. Teams like ATL and SEA are sure to burn 1 of their 2 picks on QB's in the 2nd round.

I can see McBride gone before we pick. I know Gronk will likely be back with TB, but I see them going McBride with one of their next picks before 63. If McBride by chance slips, it's going to be tough to pass on him.

CB in my eyes is very much in play despite Hill's versatility. We have 2 safety's under contract next year, I doubt we retain both which gives Hill that empty spot. Thus leaving us thin at CB still. So yes, CB should and probably is in play at 63 depending on BPA there.

ED/3T may be the pick depending on who is there. If it's between a sliding Booth/Gordon/CTB and one of the 3T's/DT's, it's a tough one.

With news of Carman breaking yesterday, you have to wonder if G/C is a sneaky pick tonight. Jurgens, Parham, Sayler all come to mind as fits.

WR if one falls (LOL I know I know, they're pretty much gone). Pierce comes to mind, but I don't see him getting past GB.

1. David Ojabo
  2. Nakobe Dean
  3. Andrew Booth Jr.
  4. Arnold Ebiketie
  5. Boye Mafe
  6. Travis Jones
  7. Logan Hall
  8. Kyler Gordon
  9. George Pickens
  10. Jaquan Brisker
  11. Skyy Moore
  12. Jalen Pitre
  13. Christian Watson
  14. Roger McCreary
  15. Trey McBride
  16. DeMarvin Leal
  17. Drake Jackson
  18. Perrion Winfrey
  19. Darian Kinnard
  20. Kingsley Enagbare
  21. Tariq Woolen
  22. Nik Bonitto
  23. Cameron Thomas
  24. Jamaree Salyer
  25. Greg Dulcich
  26. David Bell
  27. John Metchie III
  28. Phidarian Mathis
  29. Dylan Parham
  30. Cameron Jurgens
  31. Josh Paschal
  32. Marcus Jones
  33. Myjai Sanders
  34. Brian Asamoah
  35. Jeremy Ruckert
  36. Alec Pierce
  37. Martin Emerson
  38. Cam Taylor-Britt
  39. Bryan Cook
  40. Luke Fortner
  41. Calvin Austin III
  42. Wan'Dale Robinson
Whole lotta value here that doesn't include RB, QB, and some other notable draftee's because I don't believe they're in consideration. We're going to get some great value in 2 & 3 tonight.

Great post Bengalpool. Appreciate the work finding all those guys, damn. Loaded with players I would love to have in stripes.
Reply/Quote
You play the cards you are dealt. First Round, the best player left was the Safety. Second Round, I'm seeing the board as best player left as either DT or OT or DE, and Bengals are looking for Depth at all 3 positions. If Rainmann at OT or Winfrey at DT falls to Bengals as Hill did, Bengals will take such a player falling to them. Bengals depth at OT is weak and so is depth at DT. The board looks very possible that the best player could be OT or DT or DE. You play the cards you are dealt.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote