Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 draft thoughts
What a flurry of activity. The free agent and trade market of the wr position had a dramatic effect in rd 1 of the draft. I’m glad we have the group we have and expect us to add 1 at some point. There are still lots of good ones out there.

Glad we addressed ol like we did in free agency. I was a big Cole Strange fan. Hoped we’d get him in rd 3. Knew he was rising and might go in rd 2. Never thought he’d go in rd 1.

I suspect defense will be the focal point throughout the rest of the draft with te and wr getting a look. An ol at some point.

Guys I’m eyeing round 2:
Cb’s
Woolen
McCollum
Taylor-Britt

Dl
Hall
Winfrey
Mathis
Jones
Ebeketie

Iol
Parham
Jurgens

Ot
Lucas
Walker

Wr
Alec pierce
Christian Watson

Te
McBride

Lbs
Dean
Anderson
Tindall
Brandon ? From penn st

S
Brisker only if hill is moved to cb

I’m sure there other, these are just top of mind.

I like the Hill pick.

Who Dey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am glad Linderbaum was off the board by our pick cause the podcasters would of all took a collective dump if we would have passed on him. It would have been so bad it might have registered as a weapon of mass destruction.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:24 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am glad Linderbaum was off the board by our pick cause the podcasters would of all took a collective dump if we would have passed on him. It would have been so bad it might have registered as a weapon of mass destruction.

this was part of ESPN's analysis of Baltimore's picking Linderbaum:

"Once again, when are the Ravens going to address their biggest needs? Despite having two first-round picks, Baltimore chose not to fill its top three holes on the roster: pass-rusher, cornerback and offensive tackle. The Ravens now have a need at wide receiver as well after trading Brown. It was surprising to see Baltimore select Linderbaum because general manager Eric DeCosta said in the pre-draft news conference that the team wanted bigger players at center. At 290 pounds, Linderbaum is now the smallest linemen on the Ravens and the only one under 300 pounds. -- Jamison Hensley"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: this was part of ESPN's analysis of Baltimore's picking Linderbaum:

"Once again, when are the Ravens going to address their biggest needs? Despite having two first-round picks, Baltimore chose not to fill its top three holes on the roster: pass-rusher, cornerback and offensive tackle. The Ravens now have a need at wide receiver as well after trading Brown. It was surprising to see Baltimore select Linderbaum because general manager Eric DeCosta said in the pre-draft news conference that the team wanted bigger players at center. At 290 pounds, Linderbaum is now the smallest linemen on the Ravens and the only one under 300 pounds. -- Jamison Hensley"

I've said all along I do not think Linderbaum will translate well into the NFL, and I'm glad he was gone. I might be wrong, but I do not think he can ovrecome his size with technique in a league where every starter has good technique. I see him being one of those offensive linemen that Geno Atkins used to use to sack the quarterback.
Reply/Quote
I like the Hall pick. At 31 it's about the best we could hope for.

Overall, odd draft. Glad we didn't have the 1st pick or a top pick. I'm sure there will be good players in this draft, but on paper...it appears meh.

The NFL is starting to have an issue with WR salaries. Teams blew the market open by overpaying some and now that position is turning into RB where you want rookie ones then don't give them a 2nd contract. That's a HUGE thing to watch in Cincy in 2 years. Our window for a SB win is really like the next 2 years.

I wouldn't mind us getting Breece Hall at RB somehow. I doubt it happens though. We pick too late.

The cost to trade up didn't seem to be that bad. I guess it's because the value of player at that pick wasn't perceived as that high.
Reply/Quote
Hill is modern db type that will be Bengals honey bear and glue to secondary.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: this was part of ESPN's analysis of Baltimore's picking Linderbaum:

KC did the same thing. The Raiders are going to next year. It’s hard to fix everything. It’s like some divorces you just fix some issues for yourself but take on new ones.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was a fun day 1 to watch. Lots of humble young men with great attitudes, only a couple that stood out to me
as I ME MINE types from what I saw. Loved us getting Daxton Hill who just fits perfectly. I was for Brisker as I thought Dax
was going to be gone and Brisker is more like Bates if that is who we were going to try and replace.

But Dax helps the entire Defense cause he can fill in for multiple positions. Free, Strong, Slot and I bet Outside as well.
Reply/Quote