Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Do You Believe?
Do you believe;

1. Brown will draft Burrow, put a team around him, on both sides of the ball, and will be lifting a Lombardi by the 2024 season.

2. Brown will draft Burrow, to a 3 year contract, and after those 3 years are up, Burrow will either demand to be traded, or go FA, because of his disgust with the franchise and the Brown family, not coughing up the money to build a team, especially a defense, around him, and subtly blaming him for not being able to score 40 points a game

3. Keeping Dalton and either drafting Young or ‘selling’ the pick to the highest bidder.

4. Other.

I’m going with number 2
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5399492]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Do you believe;

1. Brown will draft Burrow, put a team around him, on both sides of the ball, and will be lifting a Lombardi by the 2024 season.

2. Brown will draft Burrow, to a 3 year contract, and after those 3 years are up, Burrow will either demand to be traded, or go FA, because of his disgust with the franchise and the Brown family, not coughing up the money to build a team, especially a defense, around him, and subtly blaming him for not being able to score 40 points a game

3. Keeping Dalton and either drafting Young or ‘selling’ the pick to the highest bidder.

4. Other.

I’m going with number 2

well sorry but 2 isnt possible all rookie contracts are 4 years now...   and first rounders have a 5th year option.   but you can extend after year 3.
Reply/Quote
Rookie QBs all get 4 year contracts, I do believe
Reply/Quote
It's open ended at this point outside of the just drafting Burrow part.

This is a huge opportunity for this freak show of an ownership group to prove that they actually care about winning. They can do one of two things. The first would be drafting Burrow and then making the mistake of thinking that they are currently constructed to win with that addition alone. That's really moronic, but I feel it's pretty likely. They are some lazy shits, so the impact Burrow will have with fans and the ease of being rewarded with such a high-profile player for their recent ineptitude are a perfect reason for them to sit on their hands in free agency. Burrow will shield them from any other real action, and all they had to do was be awful to luck into him.

The second would be to continue to build the line, get some younger receivers, and not rely on guys that haven't played a half season since 2018 to get better. Don't rely on a couple of games of Fred Johnson and Mike Jordan being good as evidence that you can jack off until the draft when the league year starts. To hear Hobson talk, the verdict is in, and we have Walter Jones and Willie Anderson on the roster right now after a fortuitous dead cat bounce. Bullshit.

The Green thing is a Bungle in the making, as well, They seem determined to bring him back. If they pay him 15 plus per for 3 seasons, they're nuts. They need new blood in the WR group. Green and Ross can't be counted on at all. If this is what they're pinning their hopes on to surround Burrow with enough to succeed, then the potential for failure is high, IMO.

The Burrow honeymoon will be brief and disappointing if they apply bungle logic to it. Until they don't, that's what I expect.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I’m going with number 2

Yay! Another post taking shit about the team, to add to the literally 3,000 other posts about how the Bengals will do everything in their power to screw this up!

Get. A. Friggin'. LIFE.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It helps when trying to take a not so subtle jab at the organization to actually know what you are talking about. Rookies receive a four year contract with a team option 5th year. Unlike Carson Palmer, Joe Burrow won't be coming off one of the largest contracts in history to leverage into a "trade me or I quit" situation. I'll go with the other option and say Burrow plays through his rookie contract and if he is good we will re-sign him to an above market deal for a QB at the time as that is what we have done with our last two QB's after their rookie deals.
Reply/Quote
4. Other: Karma
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Do you believe in life after love?
I can feel something inside me say,
"I really don't think you're strong enough, no."

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to that feeling

You've got to believe in yourself
Or no one will believe in you
Imagination like a bird on the wing
Flying free for you to use

4. Other.

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well
And let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty
They possess inside

I’m going with number 2
Reply/Quote
It'll likely be somewhere between 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
D - None of the above

Burrow gets drafted, we make the playoffs in year 2 (2021) but lose as a Wildcard team on the road in KC

Burrow will get a second contract here and will be a Bengal for Life
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 05:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yay! Another post taking shit about the team, to add to the literally 3,000 other posts about how the Bengals will do everything in their power to screw this up!

Get. A. Friggin'. LIFE.

29 years and counting trucker!  What your yearly magic number?  How many years before it becomes ‘hope for the bet but expect the worst’?  30?  35?  40?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 05:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: It helps when trying to take a not so subtle jab at the organization to actually know what you are talking about. Rookies receive a four year contract with a team option 5th year. Unlike Carson Palmer, Joe Burrow won't be coming off one of the largest contracts in history to leverage into a "trade me or I quit" situation. I'll go with the other option and say Burrow plays through his rookie contract and if he is good we will re-sign him to an above market deal for a QB at the time as that is what we have done with our last two QB's after their rookie deals.

You spent more time on nit picking rather than addressing the ‘main part’ of the thread.

Your ‘Other’ response does not address what the status of the franchise will be in your scenario.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 05:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yay! Another post taking shit about the team, to add to the literally 3,000 other posts about how the Bengals will do everything in their power to screw this up!

Get. A. Friggin'. LIFE.

People are acting like we're the worst team in the league, or something. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People are acting like we're the worst team in the league, or something. 

[Image: i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I’m going with number 2

TMI
Reply/Quote

4. Other.

I’m going with number 2

4. Other - Mike Brown will draft Burrow, then Model Model along as usual. It's the same philosophy that he's used for many years now and he doesn't see anything wrong with that.

Reply/Quote
I guess I feel differently about the Bengals being able to put a good team around a QB. Heck in 2013 we had the #5 scoring defense and #6 scoring offense. Is that bad? Went to the playoff and was favored against the Chargers. Dalton throws 2 Ints and loses at least one fumble, maybe 2. Im pretty sure the following year same thing against the Colts, except without AJ in that game Dalton was reaaaallly bad. Did he even throw for 150 that game? Anyway loses at least one fumble and looks lost out there. But the team around him was solid.

2015 we had the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL and the 7th best scoring offense in the NFL. How is that not puttin a good overall team on the field? We were stacked. Made it to the playoffs after Andy had probably his best year but got hurt. AJ McCarron and AJ Green had just seemingly won our 1st playoff game, and then was completely robbed of it by Jeremy Hill not protecting the ball well enough. Then we all know what happened from there. Between Burftct, Jones and bad reffing, we got our W stolen. We beat the shit out of the Steelers in that game though we really did, We hit them in the mouth repeatedly and without Hill's carelessness they wouldve lost to us with our backup QB, who was probably a better choice than Andy in the playoff at that point.

Not able to build a team my ass. Dalton had more on both sides of the ball than Carson did and Carson had a pretty solid team around him in 2005 big time. Give Burrow the #2 scoring defense and #7 scoring offense and see what happens. I would bet he doesnt fumble and choke when it counts like Andy did. AJ Green made Andy look better than he really was. Sorry but its just true. This team was stacked and primed for a SB run. Build a team like that around Joe Burrow and we will be just fine. To think otherwise is self-defeating more than it is accurate.
Reply/Quote

4. Other.

I’m going with number 2

#1.  #2 isn't reality because the contracts are all 4 years with a club option 5th year on first rounders.  The rookie wage scale was the smartest thing the NFL has done in ages.  I can understand why so many on here act like the nervous boyfriend who's girlfriend slept with the entire football team when he was away for a week, but it isn't Burrow's fault what happened here in the past.  The 2-14 season sucked, but I can't wait to get this guy (and some help) in to the stadium.
Reply/Quote
I honestly believe that Mike Brown / Duke Tobin will build around this guy and not waste his talent. They need to get the fans to return and put butts in them seats. An empty stadium is not a good look. I think a quality FA Linebacker and O-Lineman and the Bengals are back in the playoff hunt. The draft should cover the rest.

I'm going with #1 except we win a playoff game maybe around 2022/23 instead of lifting the Lombardi Trophy before 2024.
Reply/Quote