Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Want To See In Preseason Game 3, besides no injuries ???
As bad as preseason game 2 was, it was still just an exhibition warm up game. Some upsides to the game were : McCarron finally got in an NFL game of some kind....There were not any major injuries that I know of.....Also, Lovie Smith seems to have brought his tough Bears defense style to Tampa, which became tough under Tony Dungy tough defense in the late 1990's. If Tampa has a defense again, playing at Tampa will again be rough, as it was before. Tampa was never known for their great QBs but for their defense, even in the Super Bowl win year. So Tampa was loaded for bear, or loaded with Lovie Smith Bear, but they were locked and loaded and will have a better record if they play like that at home. ......The mistakes made, well, you want to get those out in preseason. Most NBA preseason games are sloppy and hard to watch. At least the mistakes were in a preseason game, which is why they play preseason games. All teams are rusty from the off season.

As for Preseason Game 3.....the Bengals need to shake it off and come out strong at home in THE JUNGLE. Loaded for bear because they are playing the Bears. Good games from Dalton, McCarron and Johnson at QB would be great. Let everybody get some reps in before they starting cutting players, so the wrong players don't get cut. Give them all a chance to step up or step down. A win would be nice in THE JUNGLE, but not important. Get these preseason mistakes out of the way and fine tune this thing and eliminate the penalties and turn overs. September is here, and the opener at Oakland is coming up fast. Labor Day weekend will have the team 100 % focused on games that count in the standing. So take a second look at some players tonight, get as many people some reps as possible, because it's time for a lot of these NFL players to get fired. So have a good game and then make the right cuts and keep the right players for that much wanted Play-Off Win and trip to the Super Bowl, which is the real goal. I hope everybody plays good tonight and makes the cuts hard choices. That means we have depth.

So, Bengals to shake it off and show they are better than that and also show they can play on a short week. ....If they look just as bad, then we have real problems that may not be fixed by the AT Oakland game in 15 days. So we we need to see this team has what it takes to bounce back. They had that in 2012 and this team from 2011 on has never quit and always fights back. I'm hoping for a better showing tonight. I understand the NFL has cut way back on practice in pads, so you are just going to have some sloppy preseason showings as players get in football shape again. Not lifting weights, but the shape you get into when pads hit pads and you toughen back up. The timing of plays has to come together. Preseason game 3 is a big night and hoping for team to start getting it together.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:26 PM)kevin Wrote: As bad as preseason game 2 was, it was still just an exhibition warm up game.  Some upsides to the game were : McCarron finally got in an NFL game of some kind....There were not any major injuries that I know of.....Also, Lovie Smith seems to have brought his tough Bears defense style to Tampa, which became tough under Tony Dungy tough defense in the late 1990's. If Tampa has a defense again, playing at Tampa will again be rough, as it was before. Tampa was never known for their great QBs but for their defense, even in the Super Bowl win year.  So Tampa was loaded for bear, or loaded with Lovie Smith Bear, but they were locked and loaded and will have a better record if they play like that at home.  ......The mistakes made, well, you want to get those out in preseason. Most NBA preseason games are sloppy and hard to watch. At least the mistakes were in a preseason game, which is why they play preseason games. All teams are rusty from the off season.

As for Preseason Game 3.....the Bengals need to shake it off and come out strong at home in THE JUNGLE. Loaded for bear because they are playing the Bears. Good games from Dalton, McCarron and Johnson at QB would be great. Let everybody get some reps in before they starting cutting players, so the wrong players don't get cut.  Give them all a chance to step up or step down.  A win would be nice in THE JUNGLE, but not important. Get these preseason mistakes out of the way and fine tune this thing and eliminate the penalties and turn overs.  September is here, and the opener at Oakland is coming up fast. Labor Day weekend will have the team 100 % focused on games that count in the standing.  So take a second look at some players tonight, get as many people some reps as possible, because it's time for a lot of these NFL players to get fired.  So have a good game and then make the right cuts and keep the right players for that much wanted Play-Off Win and trip to the Super Bowl, which is the real goal.  I hope everybody plays good tonight and makes the cuts hard choices. That means we have depth.

FYI, he plays for the Jets
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:26 PM)kevin Wrote: As bad as preseason game 2 was, it was still just an exhibition warm up game.  Some upsides to the game were : McCarron finally got in an NFL game of some kind....There were not any major injuries that I know of.....Also, Lovie Smith seems to have brought his tough Bears defense style to Tampa, which became tough under Tony Dungy tough defense in the late 1990's. If Tampa has a defense again, playing at Tampa will again be rough, as it was before. Tampa was never known for their great QBs but for their defense, even in the Super Bowl win year.  So Tampa was loaded for bear, or loaded with Lovie Smith Bear, but they were locked and loaded and will have a better record if they play like that at home.  ......The mistakes made, well, you want to get those out in preseason. Most NBA preseason games are sloppy and hard to watch. At least the mistakes were in a preseason game, which is why they play preseason games. All teams are rusty from the off season.

As for Preseason Game 3.....the Bengals need to shake it off and come out strong at home in THE JUNGLE. Loaded for bear because they are playing the Bears. Good games from Dalton, McCarron and Johnson at QB would be great. Let everybody get some reps in before they starting cutting players, so the wrong players don't get cut.  Give them all a chance to step up or step down.  A win would be nice in THE JUNGLE, but not important. Get these preseason mistakes out of the way and fine tune this thing and eliminate the penalties and turn overs.  September is here, and the opener at Oakland is coming up fast. Labor Day weekend will have the team 100 % focused on games that count in the standing.  So take a second look at some players tonight, get as many people some reps as possible, because it's time for a lot of these NFL players to get fired.  So have a good game and then make the right cuts and keep the right players for that much wanted Play-Off Win and trip to the Super Bowl, which is the real goal.  I hope everybody plays good tonight and makes the cuts hard choices. That means we have depth.
Some competitive spirit!
Reply/Quote
I want to see if McCarron can rope it deep

I want Hunt to make cutting him difficult

I want PJ Dawson to make not starting him difficult

I want Nico Johnson to push both Rey's

I want to see Gio play like he gives a damn

I want to see MLJ solidify the #2 WR

I want to see the Oline work as a starting unit (is Big Dre, Jake Fischer, or Trey Hopkins gonna play?)

I want to see Andy face an adversity and not completely crap the bed.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:32 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Some competitive spirit!
Pretty much this. I want to see some consistency for the first team on both sides of the ball. On offense I want to see if we can develop a good run game and play the pass off that. On defense I would love to see the pass rush come back from its vacation with Zim in Minny. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FYI, he plays for the Jets

Thanks....So, they cut him on 8-25-2015....Tuesday after the Monday Night loss....The game was so bad, I avoided anything Bengals until next game day today....So, they only need QB reps for Dalton and McCarron, and maybe Wenning in for some late snaps. ...We close the book on Josh Johnson.  McCarron is on the roster if he can stay healthy, with Wenning probably kept on that reserve practice squad in case of any injuries. .....Well, good. It would have been hard to get 4 QBs reps tonight.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:48 PM)kevin Wrote: Thanks....So, they cut him on 8-25-2015....Tuesday after the Monday Night loss....The game was so bad, I avoided anything Bengals until next game day today....So, they only need QB reps for Dalton and McCarron, and maybe Wenning in for some late snaps. ...We close the book on Josh Johnson. 

Wenning is the one we need to look at in week 4; don't think he'll get any tonight. I do believe they bring in somebody after 1st cuts.

Reply/Quote
I want them to lose because doing well in preseason means you are the 0-16 Lions.
Reply/Quote
Forget the ones. I'm looking for lots of AJ to Kroft, Little and Kumerow and pressure from Hardison, Deshawn and Carter.
Reply/Quote
I don't give a shit what the score/result is. I want to see an attempt at intimidation and physical domination. Let the other team feel they been through hell. And this goes for the preseason as well.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I want to see AJ McCarron...  and see our defense...  make some stops on 3rd down...... for once.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 05:20 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I don't give a shit what the score/result is. I want to see an attempt at intimidation and physical domination. Let the other team feel they been through hell. And this goes for the preseason as well.

Bingo!
Reply/Quote
O line play with some fire, a pick or two would be nice by denard or kirk.
Reply/Quote
One former Duck look good on his debut, another bounce back from last week.
Reply/Quote
Offense - make some first downs, no turnovers
Defense - hold them to punts more than scores
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
For me there are a few things I'd like to see:

I'd like to see something go wrong on the offense that puts the Bengals behind, and then I'd like to see Dalton not get bitter about it, but instead rise above it all and keep his head in the game. I'm afraid that this is one of those things that just isn't getting handled and I want to see what happens. As far as I know it's still a glaring weakness given that it was a big problem last year and last week.

Then, I'd like to Wilder get a real chance out perform Peerman.

I'd like to see Krumrow get a real chance to out perform Tate and someone else returning some kicks. I would like a better option at WR depth than Tate.

I'd like to see our run defense put in a full day.

I'd like to see the Bears blitz and blitz some more and our OL do a good job in protection against stunting DLmen.

Reply/Quote
Gio to wake up.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:16 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Gio to wake up.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:16 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Gio to wake up.

Gotta wake up that O-Line first!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I would like to see Peko get blocked all the way to CVG Airport.....and strapped in a seat, never to return!!
Reply/Quote