Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Want To See In Preseason Game 3, besides no injuries ???
(08-29-2015, 07:50 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I would like to see Peko get blocked all the way to CVG Airport.....and strapped in a seat, never to return!!

Release the Rep Beast!!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
POST GAME : .....I saw everything I wanted to ......The team showed the NO QUIT attitude that has led them to 4 straight play-off seasons in spite of injuries and set backs all 4 seasons. All teams will have bad games, and it's how you react and adjust after bad games that separates the winners from those that quit and give up. THIS TEAM, as in the last 4 years, bounced back with a strong game after what the coach called a good week of practices. ..........We also saw Dalton and McCarron play well. It has been years since I could say all the QBs looked good in a preseason game, probably since Dalton and Gradkowski. Many preseasons of back-ups you would not want to see lead the team if the starter was injured. .....McCarron will get more reps in preseason game 4 because he has been injured and needs to play catch up. He needs these reps he is getting. He looks good for a rookie, which is pretty much what he still is, getting his first games in. He looks 100 times better than Josh Johnson, who could run but could not throw, not good in the NFL. .....So I feel much better after watching Dalton, McCarron last night. Injuries happen, and you need depth at QB also, and that is not a QB controversy but a must have need of depth in case of injuries. Ohio State showed the need for depth at QB last year in college. .....We saw Burkhead being used in some creative ways as a slot receiver and extra running back. Do you know that we could line up with 2 running backs and a full back like Woody Hayes in Gio, Burkhead and Hewitt and all 3 could go out on passing routes instead because all are good receivers. So we could line up in a 3 back and it fool the D by being a no back / all receiver play. Then there is Sanu who can throw the bomb. If healthy, we have some players that can do many things, making it very hard to call the right defense against us. I like that. Eifert is like Bob Trumpy, a tight end that is also a deep wide receiver. Bring on the Razzle Dazzles. Of course there is Hill that gives us the big back Paul Brown always had with Motley, Jim Brown, Pete Johnson and others. We will run the football because Lewis and Hue say we will. It was good to see both QBs have a good game, we needed that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Most importantly, no serious or season ending injuries occurred.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 10:37 AM)kevin Wrote: POST GAME : .....I saw everything I wanted to ......The team showed the NO QUIT attitude that has led them to 4 straight play-off seasons in spite of injuries and set backs all 4 seasons. All teams will have bad games, and it's how you react and adjust after bad games that separates the winners from those that quit and give up.  THIS TEAM, as in the last 4 years, bounced back with a strong game after what the coach called a good week of practices. ..........We also saw Dalton and McCarron play well.  It has been years since I could say all the QBs looked good in a preseason game, probably since Dalton and Gradkowski.  Many preseasons of back-ups you would not want to see lead the team if the starter was injured. .....McCarron will get more reps in preseason game 4 because he has been injured and needs to play catch up. He needs these reps he is getting. He looks good for a rookie, which is pretty much what he still is, getting his first games in. He looks 100 times better than Josh Johnson, who could run but could not throw, not good in the NFL. .....So I feel much better after watching Dalton, McCarron last night. Injuries happen, and you need depth at QB also, and that is not a QB controversy but a must have need of depth in case of injuries. Ohio State showed the need for depth at QB last year in college.  .....We saw Burkhead being used in some creative ways as a slot receiver and extra running back.  Do you know that we could line up with 2 running backs and a full back like Woody Hayes in Gio, Burkhead and Hewitt and all 3 could go out on passing routes instead because all are good receivers. So we could line up in a 3 back and it fool the D by being a no back / all receiver play.  Then there is Sanu who can throw the bomb. If healthy, we have some players that can do many things, making it very hard to call the right defense against us. I like that.  Eifert is like Bob Trumpy, a tight end that is also a deep wide receiver. Bring on the Razzle Dazzles. Of course there is Hill that gives us the big back Paul Brown always had with Motley, Jim Brown, Pete Johnson and others. We will run the football because Lewis and Hue say we will.  It was good to see both QBs have a good game, we needed that.
This!

[Image: its-about-how-hard-you-can-get-hit-and-k...orward.jpg]
Reply/Quote